Trial Discussion Thread #59 - 14.21.10, Day 48 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, My son when he was a baby was a projectile vomiter. I'd be sitting at one end of the sofa feeding him and had a towel on the opposite arm of the sofa for afterwards.
Happened to me once, about 20 years ago, after too much alcohol. Horrific! : (

Could this be dragged out any more!
She going through the precedents now which are a big part of determining a sentence.

"I have never before seen someone as remorseful as he is "

Oh for freaks sake...

Now she is quoting a case about a 12 yr old being shot by someone on a roof?

'Accused version in that case, he was hoping to scare the intruder out...when he saw, he broke down the door and tried to resus the boy...court in that case did not find gross negligence...he fired lower than he intended....'

She mentions the man in that case had sever grief and PTSD.

Oh no, she talks about his "remorse" showed right after the killing. Crazy!

The case she is citing where the 12-year-old boy died isn't at all similar, because OP and Reeva were a 'couple', and DV incidents are rife, whereas accidentally shooting 12-year-old boys isn't!

Judge now talking about Mrs Foster whose son 'died like an animal' and she rejected compensation

Masipa now dealing with remorse and case law. Citing a particular case in great deal. In that case "A court should strive for balance between the interests of society, the accused and seriousness of the offence".

J: Balance...balance....in imposing a sentence, a court should be merciful

A court should be merciful...particularly where it's a case of negligence....should strive to keep a person out of prison...

I think he'll only get 1 or 2 years in prison, at the most. :sigh:

Did she just say the loss of a life is 'almost' always serious?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member