Trial Discussion Thread #59 - 14.21.10, Day 48 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nel used the analogy of a mosaic in his Head of Argument prior to the verdict.

The Pistorius' views are drenched in an obsession with other peoples' wrongs, no insight into their own wrongs, and taking wildly inappropriate steps to get retribution.

I am personally convinced that something similar was at play on that fatal day.

I'm glad it was Nel prosecuting as he seems pretty incorruptable. Nearly every one of those defence expert witnesses should be held to account by their respective professional bodies for the bias they shown during their testimony.

Marc Batchelor has been interviewed. He spoke so quickly and was a bit hard to understand. He's not happy that justice has done been done and appreciates OP may only serve 10 months. He feels the State will appeal.

I think "the lads" will not be happy at all with this. I read somewhere that they have long memories.

If I was someone that lost their appetite when they got stressed out, at the end of this trial, here, I'd look like a skeleton.

As it is, I ate five (5) pints of Ben & Jerry's ice cream tonight and that doesn't count all the other tubs I ate during the verdict.

There's something 'not quite the ticket', as we say, about Carl P. I thought it during the interviews he and Aimee did yesterday, with furrowed brow but no sincerity in his eyes, a facade, lost souls.
I don't think he or OP have an emotional centre (who am I). As Erickson would say this lack can result in a dangerous individual. JMO

ditto

What often happens after the conclusion of court cases here is "sources close to....." start telling us things they couldn't say before.

I am fully expecting "sources close to the PT and police" to start clueing us in to a few of the puzzles we've been scratching our heads over.

Maybe :)

I'm a little embarrassed to admit this....but I was really hoping that if OP was given a custodial sentence, he might throw one of his juvenile tantrums - throwing notepads, phone, kicking benches, etc. Similar to the tantrum he threw after losing the race he thought he had in the bag.

That would have been the icing on the cake, for ending this trial. Well at least there is some incarceration. We'll have to see how long it actually lasts.

Marc Batchelor has been interviewed. He spoke so quickly and was a bit hard to understand. He's not happy that justice has done been done and appreciates OP may only serve 10 months. He feels the State will appeal.

I think "the lads" will not be happy at all with this. I read somewhere that they have long memories.

This is the BEST NEWS ever.

Even if Nel doesn't appeal, after 10 months I'll live calmly knowing that OP never will.

The 1 takeaway that I will never forget about this trial is in the judge's ruling that I was floored by.

When she was not believing the witnesses for the state and saying something like........"if someone is bias and maybe doesnt like the defendent, you have to consider that, although it does not mean they are totally lying".......or something to that effect.

And then she turns right around and totally disregards the state's witnesses. Mainly the ex-girlfriend and the neighbors that heard the screaming. She ignored ALL of their testimony and threw it ALL out.

Petty, I know....but I was most pleased that Mrs Badger was taken down a peg or two by Masipa. Doubt anyone is going to be racing to have her as an "expert" witness again.

What often happens after the conclusion of court cases here is "sources close to....." start telling us things they couldn't say before.

I am fully expecting "sources close to the PT and police" to start clueing us in to a few of the puzzles we've been scratching our heads over.

Maybe :)

I think so too. There was a reason Aimee and Carl went into PR mode yesterday and it wasn't to impress the judge, it was to impress the public perception of the Pistorian clan before more dirt gets dug up.

I'm glad it was Nel prosecuting as he seems pretty incorruptable. Nearly every one of those defence expert witnesses should be held to account by their respective professional bodies for the bias they shown during their testimony.

I think the corruption within this trial was rife but that, to his credit, Nel worked as hard as he could for Reeva. His demeanour was strangely flat during the verdict's HOA which makes me wonder if he knew something fishy was in the air at that point. However he was so passionate during the sentencing HOA that I believe that he was hoping to find some sort of justice within the farce - I don't think his obvious emotion was "merely play acting to fool the court" (or whatever.)

If the State appeals I 'll be happy - OP will be in prison for much of that time although I don't think he'll be able to be well behaved away from his ever so gentle family and those mean horrible goading inmates.

Question? Will he be allowed to have his blades while in jail?

The more I hear from Uncle Arnold the more I understand how Oscar Pistorius has got to where he has.

There wasn't a trace of acknowledgement of Oscar's responsibility in all this. It was all the state and nasty media. I think he did mention the Steenkamps have suffered 'as well' , I think?

I think he had a cheek calling a presser outside court anyhow. That's traditionally the place of the victim's family, if they want to make a statement. Wish they had.

BBM .. it is, isn't it .. oh, but don't forget, the Pistorius's are the victims!

.. gimme strength ..

I think so too. There was a reason Aimee and Carl went into PR mode yesterday and it wasn't to impress the judge, it was to impress the public perception of the Pistorian clan before more dirt gets dug up.

Family SO deluded in thinking they are good at PR, in my opinion. I don't know where they've got the idea they're good at it - they seem to make things worse for themselves, I think.

We will remember her.

But justice has not yet been done nor seen to be done. 10 months in prison is no justice at all IMO.

Attachments

• Reeva RIP.jpg
    Reeva RIP.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 104
Question? Will he be allowed to have his blades while in jail?

I'd imagine he'd get whatever prosthetic attachments he needed for the duration and if he's doing exercise or training, he'd probably get the blades to assist him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member