Trial Discussion Thread #59 - 14.21.10, Day 48 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
J: His global impact cannot be ignored but must be put into perspective.....

J now onto The seriousness of offences....

Judge saying state CORRECTLY said this was gross negligence bordering on intent.

So suddenly dolus eventualis is in - Milady expecting appeal?

Thank you for the visuals for those of us who are not watching. It's appreciated.

J: On his own version,accused knew there was someone behind door....it wld have been different if he'd just heard a noise and thought maybe a stray animal...but he said he knew it was an intruder

Agrees with what Nel submitted about very close to murder

Hmmmm, why is she giving weight to his gun handling capabilities now when she should have done for the verdict?

This court accepts that accused attempted to apologise to deceased's parents earlier...

J: What is also important, accused had been trained in firearms.....very aggravating

But Judge accepts he tried to apologise to parents.

Masipa: “A pregnant women would be sentenced for jail if it was warranted.” It would be wrong for this country “if there was one law for the poor and another for the rich and famous.”

“There was a feeling of unease on my part as I listening to witness and another placing an over-emphasis on the accused as vulnerable.”

“Thanks for his mother he rarely saw himself as disabled” he went on to scale competitive heights to compete against able bodied people.

Judge wants to get to the truth between these two pictures.

She says the crime was on the border of dolus eventualis*. Two serious offences. "Very Aggravating"

*Over the boundary and in the ballpark of murder. Go to jail. - me ;)

He is going to jail I am certain. For a few yrs is my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper