Trial Discussion Thread #6 - 14.03.13-14, Day 9-10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So far behind and so little time to play catchup. I swear this is my last Q today. (Only because I need to go offline now.) (:

I'll come back tomorrow to see if I get an answer:
Question: Was there ever any discussion here about the possibility that OP carried her downstairs because he was trying to leave the house with the body in order to conceal the crime? tia and thanks for your patience.
Some of us did discuss the possibility that OP could have been on his way out of the house to get rid of the body, as it doesn't seem (up to the point where he was carrying her downstairs) that he'd called anyone apart from his estate manager, who happens to be on first-name terms with OP. By the way, although he alleges he called Netcare, I still don't think we've seen proof of that, even though Roux pretends he has proof of everything, ie, that all the witnesses are mistaken about everything. In reality, he must have known the gun shots and screaming would have been heard so I have no idea how he thought he'd get away with it. But yes, I toyed with that idea for a while. Still not 100% sure what he was really planning to do because he seems to have got disturbed by Dr Stipp in the middle of things.

Yes, you are right.Hilton Botha had claimed the none of the phones found that night were used to call any emergency No. OP had handed over his iPhone to Roux for safe keeping on his advice.I think he conveniently forgot the pw of this particular iPhone. JMO.

Of course this can't be legal, surely right?

What about phone records...call times, etc,......things that can NOT be erased ?...help me with this.....please. TIA

:please:

1 iPhone in the bathroom (black with the cover off making it appear as 2 phones) and 1 white iPhone found in the bedroom. There were other phones on his tv but these appear to be untouched and unrelated.

I thought it was stated today by the investigator that there were three phones found in the bathroom; two were actually two halves of the same phone, and then later a 'pure white' one was found. But I thought he meant found in the same place as the two halves - the bathroom??

Yes, you are right.Hilton Botha had claimed the none of the phones found that night were used to call any emergency No. OP had handed over his iPhone to Roux for safe keeping on his advice.I think he conveniently forgot the pw of this particular iPhone. JMO.

Of course this can't be legal, surely right?

What about phone records...call times, etc,......things that can NOT be erased ?...help me with this.....please. TIA

:please:

*If this is a double post.....sorry*

I thought it was stated today by the investigator that there were three phones found in the bathroom; two were actually two halves of the same phone, and then later a 'pure white' one was found. But I thought he meant found in the same place as the two halves - the bathroom??

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 7 hrs
#OscarPistorius Van Rensburg: another phone, a white phone, was recovered at a later stage. BB

No need for pics, I'm trying to work out the floors.

The reason I asked is because I'm a bit confused about the sitting rooms/lounges. It seemed to me the chairs which the detective said 'appeared to be leather' and had blood spots on were downstairs, near the door? That would make a little sense to me, with OP carrying a bleeding woman down, maybe sitting for a moment?

But blood in the upstairs lounge would be harder to explain, imo.

You and me both! Today I realized, I'm sorry Oscar but your story does NOT match the physical evidence; and blood spatter/blood droplets at that scene. His story is all to HIS advantage and it's a lie IMMHO. The evidence is there, it looks to me like he possibly hit her with the bat before she made it to the bathroom; and that's what I was thinking late last night/early this morning after seeing the photos.

You and me both! Today I realized, I'm sorry Oscar but your story does NOT match the physical evidence; and blood spatter/blood droplets at that scene. His story is all to HIS advantage and it's a lie IMMHO. The evidence is there, it looks to me like he possibly hit her with the bat before she made it to the bathroom; and that's what I was thinking late last night/early this morning after seeing the photos.

Just today, I found myself coming to that conclusion too - and because he hit her, he had to kill her by shooting her in the head...just to disguise the fact he had hit her in the head.

Heartbreaking, if that's true. :(

I am not able to catch up on all 19 pages that have been made since I went to bed last night but when I woke up this morning I heard on the news that a photo of Reeva slumped in the toilet was shown. But didn't people testify that Oscar carried her downstairs? Did they take her back upstairs??

In other news: more vomit. It sounds to me that he has been working on using his sensitive gag reflex to his advantage.

Just today, I found myself coming to that conclusion too - and because he hit her, he had to kill her by shooting her in the head...just to disguise the fact he had hit her in the head.

Heartbreaking, if that's true. :(
It was definitely not a night of romance and fun for Reeva, and the irony of her about to give a speech the following day on violence against women is just too much.

The Deep Moulded Cape Dutch door at the link seems similar to OP's doors. Regardless, the average size seems to be 813mm wide - 32 inches (unlike silly Germans who make them 26inches and then have to take the windows out and hire cranes to get the huge corner sofas in the house...:) )

Even taking away six inches for any panel not bashed through, that leaves around 26 inches for OP to squeeze himself through sideways, and reach the key he said was on the floor in the toilet?

Is there anyone here about the same weight as OP, who could measure their upper body/belly depth, to see if it's feasible to get through a gap that size?

http://www.chamberlain.co.za/products/type/doors/doors/interior/

Lol, sorry about the cheekiness of my request - it's all for sleuthing's sake!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 15
Do we think the 'sort of sitting area' with dark brown leather, dining/office type chairs that the investigator today said were spotted with blood, are in the room off the downstairs 'portal' he mentioned, and are maybe in a Braai (barbeque?) room downstairs? Or am I totally lost.

I saw a tweet of that dark brown chair today, but can't find it now. It doesn't look like any of the chairs in the pics posted here....

Do we think the 'sort of sitting area' with dark brown leather, dining/office type chairs that the investigator today said were spotted with blood, are in the room off the downstairs 'portal' he mentioned, and are maybe in a Braai (barbeque?) room downstairs? Or am I totally lost.

I saw a tweet of that dark brown chair today, but can't find it now. It doesn't look like any of the chairs in the pics posted here....

I have not seen any dining/office type chairs mentioned but I haven't been able to follow live footage for the whole of the session. There is a dark brown sofa in the bedroom.

I think what is referred to as the portal (I called a hallway) has creamy leather sofa and two chairs and there seems to be another lounge type room, the entrance of which can be seen at the back of the dining room in the photos I posted above.

I'll go search my tweet links again and see if I can find it - it didn't look like a sofa.

Thought this was quite interesting to look back on given Oscar has suddenly started wearing glasses in court.
from a magazine column by uk sports presenter Claire Balding, this was written just after the events of feb 14th 2013

I have met Pistorius many times, I have spent time with him and even hosted his press conference at the London Paralympics. We chatted in the green room beforehand and I showed him pictures of my dog (I’m a bit sad like that). He was patient and gracious and friendly. I then sat next to him as he brilliantly fielded questions from a couple of hundred reporters. The flashlights popped incessantly and he smiled, conscious of his image but seemingly unconscious. His sunglasses were perched on his head and I remember thinking that was odd, given that we were indoors, but then I am a bit naive about sponsorship deals. After the press conference, I did a one-on-one interview with him for Channel 4. He answered the questions as if he hadn’t been asked them a million times and he seemed to genuinely engage. He told me he hoped to win gold in the 200m and 400m but that he couldn’t win the 100m. I thought, ‘Good, he’s realistic and good, the pool is deeper than just one man.’

Then the 200m took place and Brazil’s Alan Oliveira finished like a train to catch Pistorius on the line. Pistorius was furious. Funnily enough, I did not think his behaviour after the 200m was odd. Just interesting. I have seen plenty of sportsmen react badly to defeat and for him to blame the length of Alan Oliviera’s blades was petulant and unsporting, but it wasn’t odd – except that it came from him. The stranger thing was the way he appeared at the medals ceremony the next day. The look was very ‘Clark Kent’. Oscar’s hair was gelled flat, he was clean shaven and wearing black rimmed spectacles. He bowed his head on the podium, saying clearly with his body language, ‘I am contrite, I am humbled. Please still love me.’

Either he had decided on this behaviour himself or he had been ‘advised’ to do so.

Full article here http://www.stylist.co.uk/people/where-are-the-true-heroes#image-rotator-1

I've just watched it and he actually doesn't say where he found the white phone, took a screen shot and it definitely looks like it was in the bathroom somewhere, and even though I have taken a screen shot of most areas of the bathroom, I can't fathom where it may have been...maybe someone else has better luck?? I've tried to enlarge it as much as possible without distorting the resolution and making it blurry. It has to be in the bathroom but have no clue where.

Also, sorry for the error about the upstairs lounge, I was most surprised to see the IS one..Lawd, OP sure likes his lounges hey :p

Sorry can't link to the pic but screen grabbed it off today's testimony.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 25
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics