Trial Discussion Thread #6 - 14.03.13-14, Day 9-10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking of the key with the green tag, I have spare car and house keys and I bought coloured tags for both of them (to remind me they're the spare keys). My main keys have no tags. I know if I try and use a spare key in my front door lock, (and it's locked with a key on the inside) it will fit the lock, but it won't turn. I know this from leaving the house via my back garden and forgetting I've locked my front door. Could Reeva have locked herself in with one key and OP tried to open the door with his spare key, but it wouldn't open so he shot through it?

Great thinking !!!!! I can see that happening. If I had a swanky bathroom like that my key would be bling bling big time !

There is no upstairs lounge...he has a small lounge with his trophies and leather couches. His other lounge is in fact a braai room and you will more than likely find this lounge downstairs close to the pool area somewhere, not upstairs.

Does anyone know what room the rooftop hot tub/jacuzzi attaches to ?

Observation: When Nel says "photograph" it sounds like "paragraph" I can see why the judge was confused about this. However, since I figured it out, she should have also!

When he said pulled her out of the bathroom, did he mean the toilet cubicle, or the bathroom itself, do you know?
Yes sorry, the loo, he grabbed her slumped body and dragged her out the loo I to the bathroom, guess he used towels to try stop bleeding??

I'm half way through watching today's testimony and I have to say, I'm actually APPALLED at the translator. His first language is neither English nor Afrikaans. WTF??? No wonder there were so many complaints, listening to him, he made mistake after mistake.

And really, it's a crime to have such a cute court artist, he completely distracted me :D

That was a bit distracting to me and I normally don't look. ha

I thought at first he was very articulate.......until the "clothes" that covered Reeva's body were actually black plastic bin bags and something else .

Also worth re-watching is when he translated english into english, lol.

As evidence was being shown on the court screen I was frantically taking screenshots and trying to write descriptions. I'd be in the middle of doing one and I'd hear other pics come up in court, so I couldn't get descriptions of all, but here's a mix of sofas and living rooms discussed in court today, 13 march 2014. Make of them all what you will. There is a dark (brown?) sofa in one of my screenshots.

If you watch the complete videos of the trial today, you should be able to place all of these pics.

View attachment 41826

There's a pic of Pistorius sitting on a brown leather sofa here:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/oscar-pistorius-shooting-paralympian-slept-1709132
I only see the leather sofa and the tan suede L shaped sofa that was in his bedroom lounge (if I can call it that), if carried Reeva past it so the is a good chance it has some blood on it.

Yes he did, he states he pulled her out the bathroom so she must have laid there for abit. And I believe she officially died at the bottom of the stairs.

I have come to the conclusion that the white phone might have been found at the bottom of the stairs next to Reeva body, that could be a back towel covering her and the wood on the side of the pic, part of the stairs...only because the phone is on tiles and there is blood splatter next to it....I can't see it anywhere in the bathroom.

Just bumping your post again. It is a tiled floor where the phone was found, maybe with a dark wood shelf or door? and the black thing could be:

The jeans Barry Bateman tweeted were lying in the bedroom by the crumpled duvet

A plastic garbage bag used to stop Reeva's bleeding

A towel (but 'before pics show light grey towels)

Bottoms of dark curtains (though haven't seen any in lounge/bedroom/bathroom pics)

https://mobile.twitter.com/OscarTrial

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 28
Can someone copy and enlarge this photo and post it on here please?

I have always thought their argument started downstairs.

What about the blood on the chair? We often discussed that too. I never thought it could come from his carrying her down the stairs.

This is why Botha knew straight away that there was an argument.

Obviously OP thought if he carried her body downstairs, he might be able to explain the blood away.

IMO this proves an argument. I have often thought he tried to leave but he stopped her. Later he locked the bedroom door so she could not escape and held her captive.
I saw the pic quite clearly on my iPad and there was nothing to indicate there had been any kind of disturbance in that lounge bar the drops of blood. Will try take a clearer screen shot.

Can someone copy and enlarge this photo and post it on here please?

I have always thought their argument started downstairs.

What about the blood on the chair? We often discussed that too. I never thought it could come from his carrying her down the stairs.

This is why Botha knew straight away that there was an argument.

Obviously OP thought if he carried her body downstairs, he might be able to explain the blood away.

IMO this proves an argument. I have often thought he tried to leave but he stopped her. Later he locked the bedroom door so she could not escape and held her captive.

Sorry, terrible quality.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 29
I think this is still unclear. He either found 1 black/gray iphone and an iphone case in the bathroom, or he found two pieces of an iphone case in the bathroom. There was also a white iphone mentioned but it was not stated where that was found or even if it's part of this investigation lol - Von did not see it at the crime seen and was only shown the white phone at a later date.

It's possible the white phone was Oscar's phone that he held onto and turned over later.

Nope, there is definitely a white iphone involved as it's laying on a tiled floor right next to blood smear/splatter. Posted a pic a few posts up. I'm assuming for now that it was next to Reeva because I can't find it in the bathroom anywhere.

I do not believe the phones in the bedroom on top of the TV are relevant.

I just posted a zoom of the white phone. Post 588.

Does anyone know what room the rooftop hot tub/jacuzzi attaches to ?

There's an entrance onto the roof top of garage from the first floor. When the police went upstairs they unlocked a door and came out on the roof top and saw the jacuzzi.

Do we think the 'sort of sitting area' with dark brown leather, dining/office type chairs that the investigator today said were spotted with blood, are in the room off the downstairs 'portal' he mentioned, and are maybe in a Braai (barbeque?) room downstairs? Or am I totally lost.

I saw a tweet of that dark brown chair today, but can't find it now. It doesn't look like any of the chairs in the pics posted here....
Lolol, just found the dark brown couch from the mirror article! I imagine that is the couch in his bedroom! Reevas overnight bag was on it. He would have passed it carrying Reeva out of the bedroom.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 27
Nope, there is definitely a white iphone involved as it's laying on a tiled floor right next to blood smear/splatter. Posted a pic a few posts up. I'm assuming for now that it was next to Reeva because I can't find it in the bathroom anywhere.

I do not believe the phones in the bedroom on top of the TV are relevant.

I have not heard about two phones in the bedroom in the testimony. I just watched a replay of the testimony about the phones. 1st iphone Col Von saw at the scene and initially thought it was 2 phones because part of the case was off. 2nd white iphone he did not see himself was said it was found later at the scene.

So 2 phones relevant to this, but when did he testify about phones in the bedroom cuz I can't find that.

ETA: Maybe 3 phones relevant now - the third phone being the phone Oscar kept with him and turned over later.

As evidence was being shown on the court screen I was frantically taking screenshots and trying to write descriptions. I'd be in the middle of doing one and I'd hear other pics come up in court, so I couldn't get descriptions of all, but here's a mix of sofas and living rooms discussed in court today, 13 march 2014. Make of them all what you will. There is a dark (brown?) sofa in one of my screenshots.

If you watch the complete videos of the trial today, you should be able to place all of these pics.

View attachment 41826

There's a pic of Pistorius sitting on a brown leather sofa here:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/oscar-pistorius-shooting-paralympian-slept-1709132

Thank you. I don't think that sofa is the chair I saw though. It seemed like a single seater, without armrests. When Col Von described them he said chairs too, and spoke of one being this side, one the other.

After reading hundreds of reports and 1001 Tweets ;) I can say:

Neither Clarice Stander nor any other witness said that OP's car was in front of the house with open doors and engine started !

Clarice said to van Rensburg:

- OP asked Stander to use his car to take Reeva to hospital.

- But Stander refused, he suggested that an ambulance should rather be called.

https://twitter.com/barrybateman

David Smith tweeted:

- Clarice Stander told van Rendsburg that OP asked Stander to take his gun so he could transport Reeva to the hospital.

- Stander said he would prefer to call an ambulance

https://twitter.com/SmithInAfrica

But media reported last year rumors about

OP’s car was found on the drive with engine ticking over and keys in the ignition

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/oscar-pistorius-kept-steroids-home-1717061

Reeva's Mini might have been moved after the shooting and the doors were left open

The amputee runner's prized trophies were strewn across the floor when officers arrived – and some were damaged.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/vie...ius-trophies-were-strewn-all-over-death-flat/

I don't understand why these rumors crop up again and again.... :(

I just posted a zoom of the white phone. Post 588.

Thank you so much, it was driving me crazy because I knew I saw the white phone when I first watched the testimony, but then I could not locate it again (or didn't see it clearly when it was shown.).

So, sorry to belabor this but - 2 iphones at scene, both in or near the bathroom area. Possibly 3rd phone that Oscar retained and turned over later.

Lolol, just found the dark brown couch from the mirror article! I imagine that is the couch in his bedroom! Reevas overnight bag was on it. He would have passed it carrying Reeva out of the bedroom.

That is not the dark brown leather chair I saw either. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member