Trial Discussion weekend Thread #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I take it Clarice (Audrey) will defo appear on the stand for the defence then? Obvs.

What time did Baba say he got to Oscar's house at? As he was there seconds before the Standers.
Will she take the stand as Clarice or Audrey or Claudrey??

I take it Clarice (Audrey) will defo appear on the stand for the defence then? Obvs.

What time did Baba say he got to Oscar's house at? As he was there seconds before the Standers.

Baba was outside the house, then the Standers arrived, the 3 of them went upto the front door of the house as Oscar was carrying Reeva down the stairs, Stander then told Baba to go and call the police and an ambulance.

Was Clarice there before Johan Stander or did they arrive together? (I don't suppose anyone knows that, not if they were first on the scene?) I'm just wondering if Clarice got there some time before Johan, if they went to OP's house separately? OP appears to have phoned each of them separately .. bit confused as to why he would've needed to do that, seeing as they both live in the same house (presumably).

So if i entertain Oscar's story for just a moment, would anyone tend to believe that Oscar's fear and terror was actually more of an excitement at getting to use his gun for real?, seem's more plausible to me personally.

Spot on!

Very very odd that Clarice/Audrey isn't mentioned in Oscar's affidavit isn't it?, that's a big detail to leave out.

Baba was outside the house, then the Standers arrived

Oh, OK .. thanks .. both Standers definitely arrived together? (i.e. Clarice definitely wasn't there before Baba or Johan Stander?

Was Clarice there before Johan Stander or did they arrive together? (I don't suppose anyone knows that, not if they were first on the scene?) I'm just wondering if Clarice got there some time before Johan, if they went to OP's house separately? OP appears to have phoned each of them separately .. bit confused as to why he would've needed to do that, seeing as they both live in the same house (presumably).

Arrived at the same time according to Baba.

So according to the article above "Audrey/Clarice asks her father to call an ambulance", so First of all Oscar calls Stander to ask him to phone an ambulance, then when arriving at Oscar's, Stander ask's Baba to call an ambulance, then inside Oscar's house Clarice asks her father to call an ambulance, what the hell?.

So if i entertain Oscar's story for just a moment, would anyone tend to believe that Oscar's fear and terror was actually more of an excitement at getting to use his gun for real?, seem's more plausible to me personally.

I definitely think this is a possibility.

OK, thanks .. you can see what I might be questionning here? I'm obv barking up the wrong tree though, then, if Baba said they both arrived together. I might do a quick google just to make sure on that one.

Such a shame Botha is getting to testify 1st. Surely just so Oscar can match his testimony and evidence. A fresher, secure template to work from.

Accused is MEANT to go 1st in SA law. Grrr.

People will then have Botha's testimony uppermost in their minds. And with Oscar's obvs responses/answers matching that, they're hoping he'll definitely appear innocent :p

So according to the article above "Audrey/Clarice asks her father to call an ambulance", so First of all Oscar calls Stander to ask him to phone an ambulance, then when arriving at Oscar's, Stander ask's Baba to call an ambulance, then inside Oscar's house Clarice asks her father to call an ambulance, what the hell?.

Indeed. I wonder how you can every tease out the truth from all of this.

OK, thanks .. you can see what I might be questionning here? I'm obv barking up the wrong tree though, then, if Baba said they both arrived together. I might do a quick google just to make sure on that one.

OK, done a google .. looks like they deffo did arrive together (Stander and his daughter Clarice/Audrey). There's something a bit odd about her though .. what's the big deal about the name thing :confused: .. her behaviour seemed a bit odd at the crime scene, too .. from what people were saying on the other thread.

.. good grief ..

Oh, OK .. thanks .. both Standers definitely arrived together? (i.e. Clarice definitely wasn't there before Baba or Johan Stander?

No. Actually I recall Baba saying he was at the door when a lady opened it (must be Audice lol) and Johan Stander ran/pushed past him to get in. And Clarice only talks about her and Oscar NOT her dad, being there.

Notably, also no mention of the phrase, "This can't get out to the media," in Clarice's wee piece :p

if i can just go back to something Van Rensburg said in his testimony "Clarice told me that both she and her father had been called by Pistorius", not sure if she meant they had both received phone calls, but even if they didn't it seems odd that Pistorius asked for her to come over along with her father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper