TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prior himself basically got the witness to say that Chad could have simply turned off his devices. I’m not sure I believe he’s smart enough to have thought of it. But it’s possible so…

My husband just said “objection: boring.” We’re trying to stay tuned in and I get this could be important but yikes.

Prior himself basically got the witness to say that Chad could have simply turned off his devices. I’m not sure I believe he’s smart enough to have thought of it. But it’s possible so…

My husband just said “objection: boring.” We’re trying to stay tuned in and I get this could be important but yikes.
I'm trying to listen but I haven't retained a thing. BORING!

If I'm understanding this correctly, this witness is trying to say that CD was not on his own property on the morning that Tylee was buried even though CD himself texted Tammy at 11:53 AM that he was, indeed out there shooting and burying raccoons and burning limbs that morning.

"Well, I’ve had an interesting morning! I felt I should burn all of the limb debris by the fire pit before it got too soaked by the coming storms. While I did so, I spotted a big raccoon along the fence. I hurried and got my gun, and he was still walking along. I got close enough that one shot did the trick. He is now in our pet cemetery. Fun times!"
And wasn't there testimony (I think from his daughter) that it was Tammy who took care of the pet cemetery and burying raccoons and things on the property? I tuned in and it seems they were trying to suggest that the reason Chad would be texting Tammy about this raccoon shooting and burial he was doing was because she was actually the one that took care of that usually.. I laughed out loud at that. So Chad the grave digger had his wife burying random animals on their property? I seriously doubt it. It also seemed like she could care less about this adventure he was having that day.. didn't seem like she even needed to know about this raccoon situation from the way she responded.. like okay buddy whatever.

And wasn't there testimony (I think from his daughter) that it was Tammy who took care of the pet cemetery and burying raccoons and things on the property? I tuned in and it seems they were trying to suggest that the reason Chad would be texting Tammy about this raccoon shooting and burial he was doing was because she was actually the one that took care of that usually.. I laughed out loud at that. So Chad the grave digger had his wife burying random animals on their property? I seriously doubt it. It also seemed like she could care less about this adventure he was having that day.. didn't seem like she even needed to know about this raccoon situation from the way she responded.. like okay buddy whatever.
Yeah, it's one of those contradictions with the kids' testimonies. Emma said that Tammy was the only one to bury animals. Garth said that CD would bury raccoons behind the silver shed (NOT the pet cemetery).

What I'm getting from this is Prior doesn't understand that phones are devices, but not all devices are phones.

And that all those ID numbers could have belonged to devices up to three quarters of a kilometre away. So, someone could have been driving down the road with a phone and an iPad turned on and pinging the network. That's two already. What about devices in Chad's house that aren't phones, connected to his wifi? The witness is clear it could be from phone network or wifi.

How many stuck around in that location for an extended period of time, equivalent to burning and burying the kids? I'm guessing that these other numbers were eliminated because they were in the area for only moments, or were stationary in a nearby home for far longer than the allotted time.

MOO

What I'm getting from this is Prior doesn't understand that phones are devices, but not all devices are phones.

And that all those ID numbers could have belonged to devices up to three quarters of a kilometre away. So, someone could have been driving down the road with a phone and an iPad turned on and pinging the network. That's two already. What about devices in Chad's house that aren't phones, connected to his wifi? The witness is clear it could be from phone network or wifi.

How many stuck around in that location for an extended period of time, equivalent to burning and burying the kids? I'm guessing that these other numbers were eliminated because they were in the area for only moments, or were stationary in a nearby home for far longer than the allotted time.

MOO
Thank you for this! I'm on the struggle bus with this witness. This is helpful to me.

Also, I felt like the prosecution already went over how they identified which devices to look closer at. And had reasoning for the ones they picked.

If I'm understanding this correctly, this witness is trying to say that CD was not on his own property on the morning that Tylee was buried even though CD himself texted Tammy at 11:53 AM that he was, indeed out there shooting and burying raccoons and burning limbs that morning.

"Well, I’ve had an interesting morning! I felt I should burn all of the limb debris by the fire pit before it got too soaked by the coming storms. While I did so, I spotted a big raccoon along the fence. I hurried and got my gun, and he was still walking along. I got close enough that one shot did the trick. He is now in our pet cemetery. Fun times!"
Good Morning, Wnk!

I’m having a bit of trouble following this - witness seems to have suggested that CD’s location could still be determined if location services were turned off thru some other google thing - that’s all very confusing to me.

But if JP is trying to show CD was not on his property when he sent that text to TD, wouldn’t the best way to show that be to show where he/his device was at the time instead of trying to show where he was not?

And IIRC CD sent the text about 15 min after AC departed the property so he could have left and driven miles away before sending the text so if witness can determine CD’s location even if location services were off wouldn’t it be more beneficial to show where CD was during AC’s entire time on the property that morning instead of the moment CD sent the text?

Thank you for this! I'm on the struggle bus with this witness. This is helpful to me.

Also, I felt like the prosecution already went over how they identified which devices to look closer at. And had reasoning for the ones they picked.
Glad to help. I am not a tech person, but my biological father was and both my brothers are. You pick up some things by osmosis, being around it, and I have been since birth.

Yeah, the thing is, you narrow down lists like this for very good reasons, and I know from just watching Sins of Our Mother and seeing the footage of the property that there is a road and at least one neighbour well within that radius.

MOO

Last edited:
Good Morning, Wnk!

I’m having a bit of trouble following this - witness seems to have suggested that CD’s location could still be determined if location services were turned off thru some other google thing - that’s all very confusing to me.

But if JP is trying to show CD was not on his property when he sent that text to TD, wouldn’t the best way to show that be to show where he/his device was at the time instead of trying to show where he was not?

And IIRC CD sent the text about 15 min after AC departed the property so he could have left and driven miles away before sending the text so if witness can determine CD’s location even if location services were off wouldn’t it be more beneficial to show where CD was during AC’s entire time on the property that morning instead of the moment CD sent the text?
He's saying that you can turn off location on your phone settings, but if you have apps through Google that still have Google's own location settings turned on, there is still data to be had.

But then, after Prior talking about how complicated it would be to turn all those settings off to conceal location, the witness said that turning off the phone completely would do the job. So it's a nothing burger of an argument, that turning off everything tracking his phone would be too complicated for Chad.

Chad just turned off his phone, in all likelihood.

We would know more if they had Chad's actual phone, but as far as I know, they didn't find it.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member