TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RickshawFan Emma's testimony is discredited by me, for several reasons. As I mentioned before, it was her absolute monotone and lack of any emotion during her testimony. JP even tried to stimulate some emotion, by asking Emma if she wanted a tissue, she was not crying at all, just robotically discussing her Mother's poor health, on and on.

Not one shred of emotion. I almost wondered if she was using, because of her demeanor. Flat affect. No emotion. That is usually associated with high doses of anti-psychotic/!anti depressant medication combined with a moderate dose of CNS sedative.

I am not saying she was, just that I have seen many people in that same state. Usually when they are under medical supervision for withdrawal, in treatment. Complete detachment.

Seriously.
Is there any way to understand how the LDS spiritual evolvement through all eternity, is influenced by something like a death penalty?
What might her relatives be thinking about Tammy's eternal salvation.

Tammy Daybell is in heaven, and, as my Grandmother used to say, "God will sort it out, it isn't for us to worry about.".

Given I have not been watching, just listening and reading....
Has anyone seen Annie Cushing around this trial?
Not as much a reason as Lori's so I doubt it.
But just curious if anyone has seen differently.

Since I’m not at all sure what the witness was supposed to have been saying for the defense on direct, I have no idea what state is trying to accomplish on cross. But I’m lost and can’t help wondering whether the jury is following all this better than I am.

Since I’m not at all sure what the witness was supposed to have been saying for the defense on direct, I have no idea what state is trying to accomplish on cross. But I’m lost and can’t help wondering whether the jury is following all this better than I am.
The witness can only say Chads phone was not located at home at the time of the deaths. His phone was off. Or maybe off and Emma had it. (Not trusting her right now)
Wood is doing a good job showing Chad was there. Removing doubt.

Defense: You can't prove CD was there when Tylee & JJ were buried!
Cross-examination: Sure looks sus, though, doesn't it, that CD phoned AC each of those mornings right before AC decided to come over and hang out in the exact areas where the kids' bodies were found, hm?

ETA:
Cross-examination: And hey, look at that, you couldn't find ANY location data for ANY of CD's multiple devices that day, could you? Huh. How bout that?

Last edited:
The witness can only say Chads phone was not located at home at the time of the deaths. His phone was off. Or maybe off and Emma had it. (Not trusting her right now)
Wood is doing a good job showing Chad was there. Removing doubt.
I still don’t understand if this witness is suggesting that he can track CD’s phone better than LE did and therefore say that CD’s phone was not on the property then why not show where his device was? And if it was turned off then how can witness say it wasn’t there? So what if anything was he able to say that helped defense? I agree it has just given state another opportunity to show CD was there and how they reach that conclusion. But I don’t think JP showed ANYTHING with this witness and don’t understand the purpose of his testimony.

I also don’t understand why JP is not objecting that much of this cross is outside the scope of direct or something as it seems to me his witness is helping the state and not his client.

ETA - well what do you know…JP did finally object it was outside the scope lol

Dr. Hampikian, a rockstar imo. I might not like whatever his testimony, but have great respect for him.

Ironically, another case he is associated with is being tried right now in Nampa, Id. Daralyn Johnson murdered in 1982; a man was wrongfully imprisoned for nearly 20 years. Dr. H. helped find that man innocent through DNA. THEN, he helped find the real killer through DNA.

New DNA technology leads to DNA match in Daralyn Johnson murder case

I still don’t understand if this witness is suggesting that he can track CD’s phone better than LE did and therefore say that CD’s phone was not on the property then why not show where his device was? And if it was turned off then how can witness say it wasn’t there? So what if anything was he able to say that helped defense? I agree it has just given state another opportunity to show CD was there and how they reach that conclusion. But I don’t think JP showed ANYTHING with this witness and don’t understand the purpose of his testimony.

I also don’t understand why JP is not objecting that much of this cross is outside the scope of direct or something as it seems to me his witness is helping the state and not his client.

ETA - well what do you know…JP did finally object it was outside the scope lol
I think Prior is trying to do a good job. But the truth rules. Wood is doing better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member