GUILTY TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #8

I don't think the author(s) (the guy's who "visions" were written about is dead and the ghost writer who is, I think, alive) of this book ever committed any crime. At least I haven't heard that. I don't know much about them or the book other than what Megan was talking about with Lauren from HTC.

I'm hard core pro freedom of speech but that doesn't mean the LDS church should be selling this book. Leave it for Amazon or Barnes & Noble. They obviously choose what to sell and wouldn't sell the Baghavad Gita, for instance, because it's from another religion. So by selling this book, it seems they endorse it, even though they've claimed that Chad's nonsense didn't comport with their own teachings but his nonsense came from that book. Bad PR call, at the very least!
I thought it was established that the book was being sold in a shop catering to LDS readers, but was not part of the Church itself, no?

[…]

Appeals of felony convictions, especially in murder cases, are common. They must be filed within 42 days of sentencing. The Idaho Supreme Court automatically reviews each death penalty sentence imposed by trial courts, which is separate from any appeal filed by the defendant.

The appellate process can be lengthy and may take several years. The Idaho Attorney General will assign a lawyer to represent the prosecution and that attorney, along with the defense appellate attorney, will prepare written briefs and likely present oral arguments before the Idaho Supreme Court issues its decision.

Neither of the children tested positive for sedatives. It's entirely possible Tylee was suffocated, though, as that's what they later went on to do to both JJ and Tammy.

MOO
How about GHB - the date rape drug that can knock you out? I hate to think about those poor kids being aware what was happening to them and suffering so much. Very tragic. How Long Does GHB Stay in Your System?

JMO.

How about GHB - the date rape drug that can knock you out? I hate to think about those poor kids being aware what was happening to them and suffering so much. Very tragic. How Long Does GHB Stay in Your System?

JMO.
I have often wondered about GHB. There is really no way to test for it in the length of time they did autopsies on JJ and what they could do with Tylee’s remains.

[…]

Appeals of felony convictions, especially in murder cases, are common. They must be filed within 42 days of sentencing. The Idaho Supreme Court automatically reviews each death penalty sentence imposed by trial courts, which is separate from any appeal filed by the defendant.

The appellate process can be lengthy and may take several years. The Idaho Attorney General will assign a lawyer to represent the prosecution and that attorney, along with the defense appellate attorney, will prepare written briefs and likely present oral arguments before the Idaho Supreme Court issues its decision.

Both look like sad sack in this picture.

More at link…

Routine, required and WASTE OF TIME! I wish Prior all the best in getting this client out of his life.

Now listening to the Summer interview. Very fascinating. Some thoughts:
  • I don't fault her for rushing to Lori's defense initially; family generally doesn't want to believe the worst about family immediately. The problem arises when they continue to believe in or profess innocence despite all logic (Daybell kids). I have always felt this way.
  • She apparently has (limited) communication with Lori. I also don't have a problem with this if only because we can have more insight into Lori's state of mind.
  • Says their conversations are "very superficial." Lori says a lot of "spiritual stuff" Summer avoids and they share movie quotes.
  • They will go months without speaking.
  • Lori never says Chad's name but will make other comments implying she still believes in him and loves him.
  • Summer says she told Lori that Chad is throwing her under the bus and Lori acted like she had zero comprehension of this, and would just say "you don't understand."
  • She said she believes Lori is in a full blown delusional disorder and she probably doesn't view the kids and Tammy as having been murdered.
  • Says she doesn't believe Chad believes "in any religious beliefs" and has just skirted through life via manipulation. He latched on to Lori because he recognized she was crazy. Believes he does not have real emotions.
  • The last time she saw Lori in person was at her trial, and prior to that she had not seen her since before she was arrested.
  • Lori is not allowed in-person visits, only calls, messages, and video chat.
  • Can't bring herself to cut her out of her life because that's still her sister and if she "comes out of her delusion one day" she wants to be able to ask her questions like "Why?"
  • Doesn't believe Alex was murdered because of what was revealed on the autopsy and Chad and Lori "aren't smart enough" to carry out a murder like that.

• Summer says she told Lori that Chad is throwing her under the bus and Lori acted like she had zero comprehension of this, and would just say "you don't understand."
SBM
That comment made me think that Lori is right where she's been ever since the beginning. Her delusions (zombies) dovetailed with her greed but I do think she's crazy - unlike Chad.

JMO.
There was evidence that JJ fought suffocation. As to Tylee, one witness said it was possible she was alive (let’s hope not conscious, if so) when the killer(s) inflicted the truly savage injuries to her pelvic area.

You know what just occurred to me?

John Prior never actually delivered on revealing the "inappropriate relationship" or whatever he called it between Lori and Alex. If by "inappropriate" he only mean that Alex was extremely protective of her then I'm sorry but that alone is not what I would consider "inappropriate." MOO.

You know what just occurred to me?

John Prior never actually delivered on revealing the "inappropriate relationship" or whatever he called it between Lori and Alex. If by "inappropriate" he only mean that Alex was extremely protective of her then I'm sorry but that alone is not what I would consider "inappropriate." MOO.
I do not believe that Prior did the work for Chads defence. I think he watched Loris trial, decided on a strategy after that and that was it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohthatmakessense
Back