TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to Samantha Gwilliam's testimony again (from Lori's trial).

She said that Chad had Tammy buried so quickly that a son was unable to fly back from a LDS mission in Africa in time to attend. This son is Mark, not sure if he's the youngest or what his birth order is. I don't know how LDS missions work but considering that people who are deployed in the military often get to fly back for funerals, I bet if they had pushed her funeral back a week or two he could've been there.

So Mark didn't even get to go to his own mom's funeral because NO AUTOPSY and ASAP BURIAL!

Reasonable to assume this is the one kid that won't be called to testify.

Last edited:
Listening to Samantha Gwilliam's testimony again (from Lori's trial).

She said that Chad had Tammy buried so quickly that a son was unable to fly back from a LDS mission in Africa in time to attend. This son is Mark, not sure if he's the youngest or what his birth order is. I don't know how LDS missions work but considering that people who are deployed in the military often get to fly back for funerals, I bet if they had pushed her funeral back a week or two he could've been there.

So Mark didn't even get to go to his own mom's funeral because NO AUTOPSY and ASAP BURIAL!

Reasonable to assume this is the one kid that won't be called to testify.
I assume nothing about the Daybell children’s testimony. Seems to me they are damaged in so many ways.

I saw an interview of a female friend of Alex’s and she had only good things to say about Alex. As far as a “guy thing”, I don’t know. My husband is as manly as you can get, but he can certainly feel people’s emotional pain. I do thing Alex was mentally off. His ex wife spoke to police and talked about how sexual he was with Lori and she divorced him after only a few months. She said the whole family was weird.
As for Chad, I am no doctor but I believe he is a true psychopath, no empathy. And I don’t think it has anything to do with being a “guy thing”. MOO.
It occurs to me that Tylee may have been fond of her Uncle Alex. In that photo taken of Alex and the 2 kids at Yellowstone on the last day, there he is, smiling cheerfully at the camera. She probably liked him and trusted him. And she'd known him all her life. What a truly awful betrayal. I'd like to think that he may have come to feel some remorse, but I doubt it.

Nice to have you posting with us, Tricia!
Thank you, Watergirl62. You all are fascinating to read. I am serious when I say people from all over the world come to read what everyone posts on Websleuths, especially Chad's trial.
It is surprising that Chad Daybell's children will be taking the stand in his defense. I can't help but feel they are testifying against their mom.

Agree. They grew up believing CDs justifications for his non productivity while Mom worked and brought in the groceries.
And had no say in anything, I would think. Tammy probably had no say in them moving to Rexburg, working or not working, when or where Chad went to promote his books, even how their children were raised. And IIRC, even in what video games she played. And no doubt the children were raised to believe that was absolutely as it should be.

And had no say in anything, I would think. Tammy probably had no say in them moving to Rexburg, working or not working, when or where Chad went to promote his books, even how their children were raised. And IIRC, even in what video games she played. And no doubt the children were raised to believe that was absolutely as it should be.
And what did he do with all that privilege, he harmed innocents.

IMO, if this man was that controlling, it is easy to assume he is a murderer. I could never live with or accept a controlling partner even if it was expected of me by the church I attended. I guess people are indeed different.

Lori has no chance of parole, so she can't gain anything, apart from getting revenge (there was no sign of that at her trial). I wonder if she is fine with Chad using her for his defense. She could try to make a deal in Arizona and implicate him in Charles' and Brandon's cases, but she's not getting out of prison in her lifetime anyway.

Still, I wonder if she has access to watch the trial in jail, or where ever she is currently being incarcerated.

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned". I think that if she sees CD getting a good deal, by JP throwing her under the bus, I think that she may very well want to participate in the trial.

But, what would she say? Is a prosecution witness, who has already been convicted, for the same crime, worth anything?

IMO, if this man was that controlling, it is easy to assume he is a murderer. I could never live with or accept a controlling partner even if it was expected of me by the church I attended. I guess people are indeed different.
I agree completely, but I'm also acutely aware that I'm doing so from a position of privilege, having been raised in a secular family, within a largely secular society (the UK is a vastly different place in terms of religious belief than the US).

I took a bit of a deep dive into mormonism (and other high control religions/sects) in the run up to LVD's trial, because the religious aspects just felt so alien to me and I needed to at least try to understand the background.

Off the back of that, my opinion is pretty much that Tammy was raised in a high demand religion where she grew up accepting that men - all men - had the literal God given right to control her. Its not so much that she conceded to Chad because the church expected it - she just knew no other way to live.

Monday, April 15th:
*Trial continues (Day 3) (@ 8:30am MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2020 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) & Tamara “Tammy” Michelle Douglas Daybell (49) (died on Oct. 19, 2019 at her residence in Salem, ID; dob 5/4/70). – *Chad Guy Daybell (53/now 55) arrested (6/9/20) & indicted (5/25/21) & charged (5/26/21) & arraigned (6/9/21) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4 (for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy, 49, died 10/19/19): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6 (for Tammy): 1st degree murder. Count 8 & 9: Insurance Fraud (Two counts of insurance fraud related to 2 different life insurance policies he had on Tammy). Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP. (Judge denied removing DP 3/14/24).
Trial began on 4/1/24 with final jury selection & ended on 4/8/24. Jurors: 12 jurors & 6 alternates. [10 men & 8 women]. Jury will be sequestered during deliberations in the guilt phase thru the penalty phase.
Trial began on 4/10/24. (approx. 8 weeks) Court hours are 8:30am to 3pm Monday-Friday. Trial is being held in Ada County.
Judge Steven W. Boyce presiding. Prosecutors: Fremont County Prosecuting Attorney Lindsey Blake, Madison County Prosecuting Attorney Rob Wood, Special Attorney General Prosecutor Ingrid Batey & Fremont County Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Rocky Wixom & defense attorney John Prior.

Court info from 6/10/20 thru 3/29/24 & Jury Selection Day 1-6 (4/1-4/6/24) & thru 4/9/24 & Trial Day 1 (4/10/24) reference post #395 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...w-tylee-ryan-and-tammy-daybell.708820/page-20

4/11/24 Thursday, Trial Day 2: State witness: Rexburg Detective. Ray Hermosillo continues on stand.
For more info on direct see posts #424, 426 to 433, 435, 436, 440 {page 22}, posts #444, 445 & 457 (page 23) & posts #463, 468, 469, 476 & 477 (page 24) & cross exam see posts #481, 483, 489, 495 & 496 (page 25) & post #515 (page 26) & posts #585 (link) & 593 (article) here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...w-tylee-ryan-and-tammy-daybell.708820/page-30
Trial continues on Monday, 4/15/24.

4/11/24 Docket update: Notice of Hearing. An Order to Show Cause hearing is scheduled on 4/18/24 @ 3:30pm per Judge Steven Boyce. A motion to delay the trial of Chad Daybell was filed late Friday night but little is known about why it was filed and what is contained in the motion. Terry Ratliff, a lawyer who practices in Mountain Home, filed the motion through the iCourt portal. Wendy Olson, an attorney hired by EastIdahoNews.com last year to argue for camera access during the trial, was served the motion, along with prosecutors & the defense. Judge Boyce instructed the attorneys not to disseminate the motion & on Tuesday, he signed an order sealing it. Boyce temporarily sealed the motion until he’s able to schedule a hearing to determine whether it will remain sealed “and set the substance of the motion for hearing [on 4/18].”

Can't sleep. I've been listening to part two of thr Hidden True Crime posdcast with Heather Daybell, Chad Daybell's sister-in-law. Heather revealed that Chad told his son Garth that he was dark and the only way he could get rid of the evil spirits attached to him was if he moved from Orem Utah to Rexburg.
If anyone wonders why Chad's kids would believe him about Tammy it is because the indoctrination is too deep for them to see the truth in my opinion. Maybe someday but not now.
You really should listen to all three parts. It is incredible.

Last edited:
Can't sleep. I've been listening to part two of thr Hidden True Crime posdcast with Heather Daybell, Chad Daybell's sister-in-law. Heather revealed that Chad told his son Garth that he was dark and the only way he could get rid of the evil spirits attached to him was if he moved from Orem Utah to Rexburg.
So Chad was already starting on the path to labelling his own kids "zombies"??!! What the??!!

Thanks. I didn’t remember hearing any of that. Really sick, isn’t it? Too many children and there were only two?
It's also a little inconsistent with the Chad theology, and perhaps letting a little truth in, showing motivation for the elaborate fantasy.

There is no childhood in the spirit world the way they present it. The demons seem to be incarnations of historical or mythological evil-doers.

In stark contradiction of LDS, where babies are born free of sin and young children are incapable of committing sin, Chad's theology had evil spirits attacking and taking over young bodies, making babies suddenly go dark.

As I understand the pretext for murder, it's not "children" that are the problem in themselves- it's the evil spirits alleged to be inhabiting them. Yet, children can be a lot of work. Maybe Alex was partially susceptible to the fantasy because he identified with the effort in caring for children- he had been left with younger siblings a lot while his parents were away or busy.

OTOH, there were plenty of contradictions. The task was to "gather" the childless for some reason. Yet, MB (aka MP) sought out her children, trying to take them out of protective hiding.

"Too many children," was saying the quiet part out loud.

MOO

It's also a little inconsistent with the Chad theology, and perhaps letting a little truth in, showing motivation for the elaborate fantasy.

There is no childhood in the spirit world the way they present it. The demons seem to be incarnations of historical or mythological evil-doers.

In stark contradiction of LDS, where babies are born free of sin and young children are incapable of committing sin, Chad's theology had evil spirits attacking and taking over young bodies, making babies suddenly go dark.

As I understand the pretext for murder, it's not "children" that are the problem in themselves- it's the evil spirits alleged to be inhabiting them. Yet, children can be a lot of work. Maybe Alex was partially susceptible to the fantasy because he identified with the effort in caring for children- he had been left with younger siblings a lot while his parents were away or busy.

OTOH, there were plenty of contradictions. The task was to "gather" the childless for some reason. Yet, MB (aka MP) sought out her children, trying to take them out of protective hiding.

"Too many children," was saying the quiet part out loud.

MOO
Maybe Chad, too, thought that he had too many children, even though they were grown and flown.

MOO

If anyone wonders why Chad's kids would believe him about Tammy it is because the indoctrination is too deep for them to see the truth in my opinion. Maybe someday but not now.
Those interviews are very, very interesting.

I feel like I know what it's like to live in Rexburg from listening to them.

Heather Daybell has soul- that's for certain.

MOO

Maybe Chad, too, thought that he had too many children, even though they were grown and flown.

MOO
He has a very enmeshed relationship with them, certainly with the olders, who lived near or with him.

See Tricia's recent post- she learned in the Heather Daybell interviews with HTC that Garth living away from the home for school was problematic to Chad- Chad told him evil spirits were attacking him there and Garth changed his educational plans in compliance with Chad's spirit-safe instructions. Which, of course, kept Garth close to Chad.

MOO

He has a very enmeshed relationship with them, certainly with the olders, who lived near or with him.

See Tricia's recent post- she learned in the Heather Daybell interviews with HTC that Garth living away from the home for school was problematic to Chad- Chad told him evil spirits were attacking him there and Garth changed his educational plans in compliance with Chad's spirit-safe instructions. Which, of course, kept Garth close to Chad.

MOO
I think this particular instance illustrates that dark had nothing to do with actual spirituality or belief, it had to do with people who rejected, thwarted, or annoyed the defendant.

Garth flew back to the nest when Chad demanded it, and was no longer dark.

MOO

I realise that the US has experts for hire, as opposed to experts who assist the court, but I am a bit mystified as to why Dr. Hampikian of Innocence Project fame would want to associate his brand with this case? DNA could implicate Chad further, but it's absence on the bodies in no way means anything? He may never have handled them. Also one was badly burned, no doubt destroying forensics.

I await his evidence with some interest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay