TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps. The belief is that it certainly can happen--look all throughout the old testament for those stories. But that generally it does not happen in that form. We believe God generally reserves those for his prophets. Chad is NOT one of those prophets!
I should caveat that the vast majority of these people weren't trying to change the world, certainly not starting their own cult. My mum will tell you absolutely earnestly about the time she got a vision that stopped her losing her car keys at the beach.

I do have experiences with other people, some family, who believe they are getting end times stuff straight from God... And there are mental health issues there, for sure. And they have been told by bishops gently that their beliefs are not supported by church doctrine. But mental illness and conspiracy theories are winning out in their cases. But even they aren't murdering anyone because of them.

MOO

I've wondered about that. LDS is prevalent in that area, so some of that may go over better than it would if the trial were held elsewhere.

A 2021 census put Madison Co as the second highest in LDS in the country at 68%. Just a guess, but I'd say there could be a few on the jury anyway.

Does anyone know if religion was a jury question? Or, would a question like that violate the Constitution? All speculation and MOO because I really don't know.

US Supreme Court declines to decide legality of excluding jurors based on religion​

By John Kruzel
February 20, 20243:13 PM ESTUpdated 2 months ago

The video link is now available via East Idaho News:

Did this information/ testimony happen at the beginning of Lori's trial? I seem to remember it being midway, but I could be wrong - I was following Gannon in realtime for weeks, and only playing catch-up on Lori.

It has a big impact, happening right at the beginning, I think. There's no easing in - the jurors will never forget that this is a case of murdered children buried in Chad's yard, right outside his home.

MOO

Did this information/ testimony happen at the beginning of Lori's trial? I seem to remember it being midway, but I could be wrong - I was following Gannon in realtime for weeks, and only playing catch-up on Lori.

It has a big impact, happening right at the beginning, I think. There's no easing in - the jurors will never forget that this is a case of murdered children buried in Chad's yard, right outside his home.

MOO
Detective Hermosillo was the 3rd witness in LVD's trial, after Kay Woodcock and Brandon Boudreaux. His testimony was on the second and third days of the trial.

3 - RAY HERMOSILLO: STATE WITNESS, Rexburg PD (summary 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, audio Apr11, Apr12)
Jeep surveillance, welfare check & search warrants (Nov 2019), discovery of JJ’s & TR bodies (9 Jun 2020)
X-EXAM: questions whose weapons were in garage, establishes that LVD was in HI when TD died (19 Oct 2019)

I don't know if that is public information. Eastern Idaho is dominated by Mormons, but I think the makeup of Adah County is far more diverse. I read a statistic somewhere that said Adah Co. is less than 25% LDS when someone brought this up.

The potential juror who was notable because she saw her BIL almost burn to death stated that the brother was in a hospital in Salt Lake City. This event occurred 30 years ago. Now I didn't hear everything else she said but when I heard that I thought she may actually be from Utah, which means there's a significant chance she's LDS. I don't think she ended up being chosen though.

Pretty sure he did. I think they had arguments over the phone, at least. Charles talks about this in the bodycam footage when he tries to make a police report.
BIL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member