Trial - Ross Harris #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he did. We haven't heard anything about that ride. What we saw on the CFA video of the 2 approaching the counter was that RH was carrying Cooper. Per the daycare teachers, RH only carried Cooper in if Cooper wasn't all the way awake. Otherwise, Cooper bounded in on his own 2 feet.

Which teacher said Ross only carried Cooper in if he was asleep/not all the way awake? Sorry, I must have missed it. How does that relate to Cooper sleeping or being awake that day? Ross didn't bring Cooper in that day, he left him in the car. Without Ross' testimony we will never know if Cooper slept on the way to CFA so why would you just assume that's what happened?

Looking at the timeline in relation to Cooper being awake or not.

Leanna has said, and imo will almost certainly testify to at trial, that Cooper hadn't slept well for the prior 2 nights. IIRC, Cooper was awake before 6AM on the 18th. RH takes him to CFA, but that breakfast wasn't about spending special time with Cooper. If it was, RH wouldn't have been texting on his phone the whole while.

I'd love to see his complete text record from 6-9AM, because I think it's entirely possible the only reason RH took Cooper to CFA is that he'd been delayed by his texting, and knew he couldn't get Cooper to daycare in time for breakfast. I also think it's possible he went inside instead of the drive through because he wanted to keep on texting with Mrs X, right then, screw the rest.

Whatever he was thinking, just how engaged could Cooper be with a daddy who was sitting across from him texting, instead of paying attention to him?

Daddy puts him in a carseat, and what are the odds daddy is talking with him after that? About zero, imo. Daddy is thinking about Mrs. X.

So yes, I believe a tired Cooper who has already been up for 3 1/2 hours- give or take, has been ignored all morning by daddy, and who has just eaten, could very easily have been quiet first, and asleep immediately afterwards.

How long where Cooper and Ross inside CFA? I may have missed that part.

Which teacher said Ross only carried Cooper in if he was asleep/not all the way awake? Sorry, I must have missed it. How does that relate to Cooper sleeping or being awake that day? Ross didn't bring Cooper in that day, he left him in the car. Without Ross' testimony we will never know if Cooper slept on the way to CFA so why would you just assume that's what happened?

I don't assume anything. I said we don't know anything about the ride to CFA. The relevance of what daycare staff said is that they are familiar with the difference in how RH handled a sleepy Cooper (carried him in) versus a wide awake Cooper (let him walk in on his own).

No reason that I can see why RH would handle Cooper differently at CFA.

Maybe he did. We haven't heard anything about that ride. What we saw on the CFA video of the 2 approaching the counter was that RH was carrying Cooper. Per the daycare teachers, RH only carried Cooper in if Cooper wasn't all the way awake. Otherwise, Cooper bounded in on his own 2 feet.

However, that day he didn't take Cooper to daycare.

Whether Cooper was sleeping or not, the fact is, he happened to remember him when taking him into CFA but doesn't when he's at work for long hours. I, too, would like to see all his text message from the time he left his house to the time he got into work.

I don't assume anything. I said we don't know anything about the ride to CFA. The relevance of what daycare staff said is that they are familiar with the difference in how RH handled a sleepy Cooper (carried him in) versus a wide awake Cooper (let him walk in on his own).

No reason that I can see why RH would handle Cooper differently at CFA.

Do you remember which daycare teacher said Ross only carried Cooper if he was not awake? I'm not being snarky, it just seems a little silly (on the teacher's part, not yours) to assert that the only time a father would carry his son is if he's not awake. But my original point actually was that it is not very likely that Cooper fell asleep in the few seconds between Ross snapping him into the car seat and kissing him and Ross reaching the end of the CFA driveway. We're talking about an incredibly short period - not even a minute.

My personal opinion, thus far is that R.H. completely planned the murder of little Cooper.

I believe him to be a sociopath.
He really has concerns about his well being only.
I think that All of his interactions with people were contrived. I really do.

Who on earth can possibly spend even 1 hour in a jail chit-chatting with anyone after finding the tortured body of their son?

I think, that he is a complete liar and fraud.

Proving this though, may be well impossible.

Thank heavens he told Cooper he loved him, in case....you know.

Do you remember which daycare teacher said Ross only carried Cooper if he was not awake? I'm not being snarky, it just seems a little silly (on the teacher's part, not yours) to assert that the only time a father would carry his son is if he's not awake. But my original point actually was that it is not very likely that Cooper fell asleep in the few seconds between Ross snapping him into the car seat and kissing him and Ross reaching the end of the CFA driveway. We're talking about an incredibly short period - not even a minute.

I don't remember which teacher, sorry. It might have been more than one, and the director might have said something similar, all in reply to direct questions on cross, the relevance of which I think is plain. My guess is the defense will be asserting RH carried Cooper into CFA because Cooper was tired that AM , and that he fell asleep quickly after being put in his car seat. That one I agree with. So far.

And, we're not talking Cooper necessarily being asleep by the end of the driveway, just quiet, tho asleep isn't impossible.

9:18. RH and Cooper are at counter, about to leave.
9:24. RH likely at intersection, texting, the intersection being by all accounts a minute or less away from CFA.

Time for Cooper to fall asleep in the car: more than a few seconds. For all we know RH put him in his car seat and didn't drive away right away, but texted instead. Mrs X that day was only one of 6.

Thank heavens he told Cooper he loved him, in case....you know.

Why would you believe RH's word he said that to Cooper?

I think he said it out of guilt and to cover up the fact he wasn't paying any attention to Cooper that morning. Same way the CFA trip was supposed to about daddy-son time and so obviously wasn't.

Why would you believe RH's word he said that to Cooper?

I think he said it out of guilt and to cover up the fact he wasn't paying any attention to Cooper that morning. Same way the CFA trip was supposed to about daddy-son time and so obviously wasn't.

Believe him? lmao

IMO I think he parked where he did so that maybe baby Cooper would be found after lunch by someone passing by. It would be easier for someone to call 911, have the police come into HD and to act distressed but it didn't happen that way. I believe he planned it as murder to look like an accident. I have 3 sons, ages 32, 29 and 14. I worked full time and used a drop off sitter or daycare and was always in a rush. Routine and never never forgot about my sons.

Yeah. You think about where they are during the day. You just do. Part of my brain goes, "Where's my kid??!?" every so often, and another part answers, "He's at day care" (or whatever).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. You think about where they are during the day. You just do. Part of my brain goes, "Where's my kid??!?" every so often, and another part answers, "He's at day care" (or whatever).

Or he should have atleast had these thoughts upon exiting CFA.

Oh shux.We Are Running Late; I need to hurry up and get you to school.

The sooner I drop you off; The sooner that I can dive in to my sexting.

Chaperoning a research field trip with my DS tomorrow and will miss trial. Looking forward to reading here afterwards to catch up. Please let tomorrow not be the day Stoddard testifies...:D

Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
That guy is suppose to be a credible witness? The guy that sold his story to the National Enquirer for $2000 and did not even watch the complete video for his testimony today?
Today, 03:31 PM#265 PaperDoll's Today, 03:31 PM#265 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?319394-Trial-Ross-Harris-2&p=12877717#post12877717
I'm not sure he really needed to watch the complete video. I think the video explains itself. We can see Ross and his actions and from what I see it looks like he's very casual.

Today, 03:31 PM#265 PaperDoll's Today, 03:31 PM#265 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?319394-Trial-Ross-Harris-2&p=12877717#post12877717
I'm not sure he really needed to watch the complete video. I think the video explains itself. We can see Ross and his actions and from what I see it looks like he's very casual.
Today, 03:33 PM#266 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?319394-Trial-Ross-Harris-2&p=12877722#post12877722
I agree. And the defense had every opportunity to show on the video Ross upset- if he was.

Quote Originally Posted by yupikgirl View Post
I agree. And the defense had every opportunity to show on the video Ross upset.
Today, 03:35 PM#269 PaperDoll http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?319394-Trial-Ross-Harris-2&p=12877730#post12877730
Yep, and I'd be upset and teary-eyed even in a hold cell.
Quote Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
That guy is suppose to be a credible witness? The guy that sold his story to the National Enquirer for $2000 and did not even watch the complete video for his testimony today?
Today, 03:37 PM#272 ScotAng http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?319394-Trial-Ross-Harris-2&p=12877738#post12877738
If I was on that jury, I'd find him credible. It was pretty clear he's a young guy who sold a story for a few bucks, he admitted he'd never even read the Enquirer before. He didn't give it the "hot-car death Daddy confessed to me" rap. Simply that he had regular conversation with him. The point was made. No biggie, but still made

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
Today, 03:47 PM#277 RosemountGAL http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?319394-Trial-Ross-Harris-2&p=12877764#post12877764
Why not be credible? Just because he got 2000 bucks doesn't mean he is not telling the truth... There can be both

Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
JMHO, the fact that the Def asked him about not watching the end of the video, to me gives pause and wonder .. as to what if anything is on the end of the video the Def was speaking of. Could be nothing, Could be something. Have to wait until the Def portion to see if anything more said. JMHO
Today, 06:42 PM#351 popsicle http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?319394-Trial-Ross-Harris-2&p=12878091#post12878091
We have his reaction at the scene, at the police station and while he was there just chilling with the guys... anything after that is too little too late im
Quote Originally Posted by popsicle View Post
We have his reaction at the scene, at the police station and while he was there just chilling with the guys... anything after that is too little too late imo

Today, 07:29 PM#364 yupikgirl http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?319394-Trial-Ross-Harris-2&p=12878183#post12878183
Agreed and if there is anything at the end of the video as other posters have suggested here...the defense would have brought it up today while we were watching the video. Doesn't make sense to wait until later when the video was up and playing. Just another attempt by the defense to act as if there is other evidence yet not actually show it.

:thinking: Hope4More found where RH was arrested iirc at 10pm on 6/18/2014, unsure what exact Book In time was. Witness had to do 24 hours on DUI. Witness testified was there 30 min prior to RH coming in. This witness was there per his testimony 2-3 hours with RH. Was released on 6/19/2014. So after midnight? Is it credit come in prior to midnight stay after midnight then considered full day jail time served? Or did he go to a jail cell for remainder of those 24 hours? That only adds up to 3 1/2 hrs at most.

Then he reviews the video prior to court. Does not watch the whole video. JMHO this was to only authenticate that yep that was me and yep that was RH.

Here is link to the video for that testimony. At the 35:50 mark the "jail holding cell video starts". At 37:09 mark RH walks in and sits down. State skips through plays then paused the video at the 39:16 mark. This was not continuous playing of the video.

So 4 min 6 sec of 2 -3 hours of video? and this 4 min 6 sec of skipped thru video (you see and hear State Pros slide the ff on video and state he is doing that) You can tell what? Please explain the mark where you can tell anything other than RH went in and sat by this guy? Guy that did not contact police to let them know about this encounter and "Justin" demeanor, yet researched (that's what State says he did if you even just say he watched it on tv (1 or 2 news reports as his testimony). Gets out of jail 6/19/14 and does a paid $2000 interview 7/15/14 with National Enquirer? And the DA has to get in touch with him? Yep fine concerned citizen. JMHO
[video=youtube;vzmWpWCaDk8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzmWpWCaDk8[/video]

I don't remember which teacher, sorry. It might have been more than one, and the director might have said something similar, all in reply to direct questions on cross, the relevance of which I think is plain. My guess is the defense will be asserting RH carried Cooper into CFA because Cooper was tired that AM , and that he fell asleep quickly after being put in his car seat. That one I agree with. So far.

And, we're not talking Cooper necessarily being asleep by the end of the driveway, just quiet, tho asleep isn't impossible.

9:18. RH and Cooper are at counter, about to leave.
9:24. RH likely at intersection, texting, the intersection being by all accounts a minute or less away from CFA.

Time for Cooper to fall asleep in the car: more than a few seconds. For all we know RH put him in his car seat and didn't drive away right away, but texted instead. Mrs X that day was only one of 6.

About the bolded portion above----hard to believe they would assert that Cooper was asleep. How can they assert anything about Cooper when they are claiming that RH 'forgot' he was even there?

:thinking: Hope4More found where RH was arrested iirc at 10pm on 6/18/2014, unsure what exact Book In time was. Witness had to do 24 hours on DUI. Witness testified was there 30 min prior to RH coming in. This witness was there per his testimony 2-3 hours with RH. Was released on 6/19/2014. So after midnight? Is it credit come in prior to midnight stay after midnight then considered full day jail time served? Or did he go to a jail cell for remainder of those 24 hours? That only adds up to 3 1/2 hrs at most.

Then he reviews the video prior to court. Does not watch the whole video. JMHO this was to only authenticate that yep that was me and yep that was RH.

Here is link to the video for that testimony. At the 35:50 mark the "jail holding cell video starts". At 37:09 mark RH walks in and sits down. State skips through plays then paused the video at the 39:16 mark. This was not continuous playing of the video.

So 4 min 6 sec of 2 -3 hours of video? and this 4 min 6 sec of skipped thru video (you see and hear State Pros slide the ff on video and state he is doing that) You can tell what? Please explain the mark where you can tell anything other than RH went in and sat by this guy? Guy that did not contact police to let them know about this encounter and "Justin" demeanor, yet researched (that's what State says he did if you even just say he watched it on tv (1 or 2 news reports as his testimony). Gets out of jail 6/19/14 and does a paid $2000 interview 7/15/14 with National Enquirer? And the DA has to get in touch with him? Yep fine concerned citizen. JMHO

To be fair, he never presented himself as a concerned citizen. Rather, a guy who had an encounter with RH. An encounter that also happened to be backed up by video. (so far.) IMO, getting paid does not inherently discredit a witness. He got paid by one source, and a small amount. And he never acted or presented himself as someone who cared about the case. That doesn't mean he wasn't telling the truth. Just by watching the video, you can see his testimony did match.

As I said earlier, I expected him to be a disaster. But instead he was just a random kid who met him that night. Nothing offensive about him. (IMO.) I did think the defense cross of him was really bad, and they perhaps missed an opportunity to minimize his testimony.

**Respectfully snipped the video for space, since it's posted above :)

To be fair, he never presented himself as a concerned citizen. Rather, a guy who had an encounter with RH. An encounter that also happened to be backed up by video. (so far.) IMO, getting paid does not inherently discredit a witness. He got paid by one source, and a small amount. And he never acted or presented himself as someone who cared about the case. That doesn't mean he wasn't telling the truth. Just by watching the video, you can see his testimony did match.

As I said earlier, I expected him to be a disaster. But instead he was just a random kid who met him that night. Nothing offensive about him. (IMO.) I did think the defense cross of him was really bad, and they perhaps missed an opportunity to minimize his testimony.

JMHO, only thing it backed up is yes he was in the holding area. JMHO the State HAD to put the guy on because he did the interview and they wanted his testimony. They could have used the video because it was CCPD property and RH was on it. For any demeanor. Since doesn't have any sound they needed this paid interview person testimony. Again, not much can tell about the whole 2-3 hours this Witness was there by only 4 min 6 sec. I can not see the Defense insinuating that RH is seen on the phone upset if the full video of RH in that holding area does not show that. Not in fron of the Jury. Because they are going to see RH on the phone if I understood correctly. And if so, I fully expect the Defense to point out where this phone are is JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marisa_breanna97