Trial - Ross Harris #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to mention that even if the state fails to prove intent, which would negate the 'malice murder' charge, there are still (I think) two charges of felony murder on the table, which do NOT require that the state shows that RH intended to kill Cooper, only that Cooper's death occurred while RH was committing a felony or felonies. So even if the state fails to meet the standard of proof for intent, as long as RH is found guilty of other felonies. Therefore, if he is found guilty of cruelty to children in the 1st or 2nd degree (both felonies) and/or criminal exploitation of a child (a felony related to the sexting with a minor) he can still be guilty of felony murder. Whatever you think about how the state is presenting the case for malice murder, I think they crafted the charges very carefully in case RH fell through the 'sympathy for a grieving parent' net. That's why (IMO) the defense fought so hard to have the sexting charges separated from the rest of the trial, because they knew he was basically dead to rights on that one.

In my opinion, he didn't necessarily set out to 'murder' Cooper, but I think he set up all the circumstances to leave him in the car to 'see what happened.' I think he rolled the dice without necessarily knowing what would happen, and that's why he acted so 'off' when they found Cooper dead. I think he's 100% guilty on the cruelty to children & sexting charges and will go down for felony murder accordingly, so even if the state can't can't prove intent to commit murder he'll receive proper sentencing. IMO.

For those interested in sleuthing ...

Here are the times of texts RH exchanged with one online gal (X) that AM.

8:55:19. RH to X. (Before entering CFA at 9AM).

9:12:54. X to RH.

9:15:15 . RH to X.

9:15:33. RH to X. "We both need escapes."

9:18:09. X to RH.

9:24:15. RH to X.
9:24:23. RH to X.
9:24:28. RH to X.

Enters Treehouse parking lot at 9:25 (plus change?)

When did RH put Cooper in his carseat, and where must he have been to send those last 3 texts?

For those interested in sleuthing ...

Here are the times of texts RH exchanged with one online gal (X) that AM.

8:55:19. RH to X. (Before entering CFA at 9AM).

9:12:54. X to RH.

9:15:15 . RH to X.

9:15:33. RH to X. "We both need escapes."

9:18:09. X to RH.

9:24:15. RH to X.
9:24:23. RH to X.
9:24:28. RH to X.

Enters Treehouse parking lot at 9:25 (plus change?)

When did RH put Cooper in his carseat, and where must he have been to send those last 3 texts?

Also reminder that the cash register receipts were 18 min faster than the video (for what it worth have to go back and look at those video times)

Plus when leaves from inside restaurant, has to put in car seat, get in car and leave parking lot. I agree that takes time. I missed the morning so not sure on time stamp on arriving. Thank you for the texting times.

A big surprise for me today was the 33 seconds Ross spent in the car after parking. Not because I didn't know about it but because the AJC disputed it back in 2014 and it got picked up by people as LE lying. I managed to find the article, from August 21, 2014:

“That morning, he waits 30 seconds in that car … 30 seconds with that child right beside him,” Boring said.

But the AJC’s review of surveillance footage of the Home Depot parking lot showed that Harris exited the car in less than 15 seconds, during which he put the SUV in park, turned off the engine and collected his phone and computer bag.

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/crime-law/clock-ticking-in-ross-harris-murder-case/ng6f7/
http://www.myajc.com/news/news/loca...-its-own-story/ngh3p/#3ae283be.3461412.735466

I'm not sure how they got it wrong.

So RH defense is EITHER he created a false memory OR he just forgot about Cooper because Cooper must have fallen asleep right away in the car. Both of these scenarios can't really be proven at all and an expert in people forgetting about babies who died in hot cars (pseudoscience, not valid scientifically in any possible verifiable way) is this defendant's best defense? An expert that can't prove about forgetting and false memory. SMH. Next....

Just wanted to mention that even if the state fails to prove intent, which would negate the 'malice murder' charge, there are still (I think) two charges of felony murder on the table, which do NOT require that the state shows that RH intended to kill Cooper, only that Cooper's death occurred while RH was committing a felony or felonies. So even if the state fails to meet the standard of proof for intent, as long as RH is found guilty of other felonies. Therefore, if he is found guilty of cruelty to children in the 1st or 2nd degree (both felonies) and/or criminal exploitation of a child (a felony related to the sexting with a minor) he can still be guilty of felony murder. Whatever you think about how the state is presenting the case for malice murder, I think they crafted the charges very carefully in case RH fell through the 'sympathy for a grieving parent' net. That's why (IMO) the defense fought so hard to have the sexting charges separated from the rest of the trial, because they knew he was basically dead to rights on that one.

In my opinion, he didn't necessarily set out to 'murder' Cooper, but I think he set up all the circumstances to leave him in the car to 'see what happened.' I think he rolled the dice without necessarily knowing what would happen, and that's why he acted so 'off' when they found Cooper dead. I think he's 100% guilty on the cruelty to children & sexting charges and will go down for felony murder accordingly, so even if the state can't can't prove intent to commit murder he'll receive proper sentencing. IMO.

I don't think there was ever a danger of RH "falling through the sympathy for a grieving parent net." I'm very sure there was and still is a more real danger of RH being trapped for decades in prison, even if it was an accident by that State net of "we're going to put you away no matter what."

Also reminder that the cash register receipts were 18 min faster than the video (for what it worth have to go back and look at those video times)

Plus when leaves from inside restaurant, has to put in car seat, get in car and leave parking lot. I agree that takes time. I missed the morning so not sure on time stamp on arriving. Thank you for the texting times.

Thank you for being interested in sleuthing, and taking the time to bring back what you're finding and posting it here.

Testimony with Redmon

The prosecutor points to a still image of Harris at the counter with Cooper. In the frame, he is shaking hands with the witness, across the counter, while holding Cooper in his left arm.

She asks whether the time stamp, which reads 9:18 a.m., is accurate. He confirms.

Would Ross' demeanor in the holding arena have been allowed in without this guys testimony?

JMHO I would think they could have. Didn't the State of FL (realize diff state) put in Casey Anthony in the area outside of a cell, when it was played on the tv about Caylee being locate, but in evidence at trial to show her demeanor? IIRC something like that was shown at the trial to the jury.

So RH defense is EITHER he created a false memory OR he just forgot about Cooper because Cooper must have fallen asleep right away in the car. Both of these scenarios can't really be proven at all and an expert in people forgetting about babies who died in hot cars (pseudoscience, not valid scientifically in any possible verifiable way) is this defendant's best defense? An expert that can't prove about forgetting and false memory. SMH. Next....

It is not the defense's job to "prove" RH forgot, or to prove anything at all. The State must prove beyond a reasonable doubt. The defense's job is to raise reasonable doubt.

Testimony with Redmon

The prosecutor points to a still image of Harris at the counter with Cooper. In the frame, he is shaking hands with the witness, across the counter, while holding Cooper in his left arm.

She asks whether the time stamp, which reads 9:18 a.m., is accurate. He confirms.

Have they eaten yet?

A big surprise for me today was the 33 seconds Ross spent in the car after parking. Not because I didn't know about it but because the AJC disputed it back in 2014 and it got picked up by people as LE lying. I managed to find the article, from August 21, 2014:

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/crime-law/clock-ticking-in-ross-harris-murder-case/ng6f7/
http://www.myajc.com/news/news/loca...-its-own-story/ngh3p/#3ae283be.3461412.735466

I'm not sure how they got it wrong.

I'm not at all surprised that the AJC got something wrong. It's their speciality! ;)

I'm really surprised the chief ME Brian Frist wasn't on the stand longer. I was shocked the defense had so little questions for him.

Another poor showing for the defense today, IMO. They (especially the younger one) badgered witnesses for absolutely no reason. They had the security guy on the stand waaaay too long and were unnecessarily aggressive with him. They had been doing a fantastic job, but the last two days have not been their best. Maybe they'll turn a corner tomorrow, and of course they still have their side to show.

If what they have is loving family man and pseudo science of false memories...I don't know. I'm sure they must have more.

Testimony with Redmon

Speaking of Chris Redmond. This freaked me out last night. If you google the number that was put in evidence, up pops that witness name in the list from search. *Correct number for RH* His name is in a prior report on the internet. Which oddly has now been removed. Does anyone know anything about this report? Thanks in advance.

Harris_Filing_Discovery
thetrialdiaries.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Harris_Filing_Discovery.pdf
AT&T Phone Rec (470) 564-9087- HD Phone 8/20/14. Evemote Response Rcvd 8/15/14 Copy USB-. Interview Chris Redmon on 8/28/14 at 1742 hours-Audio.

IIRC, they were leaving.

Yep. The gap between that and 9:24 is the time it took to walk out and strap Cooper in the car and drive, perhaps to a red light at the intersection. Ross Harris was texting in the car.

I don't think there was ever a danger of RH "falling through the sympathy for a grieving parent net." I'm very sure there was and still is a more real danger of RH being trapped for decades in prison, even if it was an accident by that State net of "we're going to put you away no matter what."

BBM.Oh, but there is as evidenced by posters like yourself who seem to think (if I'm characterizing your opinion correctly) that Ross didn't intentionally leave Cooper in the car.
I, on the other hand think that not only did Ross do it to be another Scott Peterson, but also for the Life Insurance. I think he did alot of planning to stage it like an accident. The clincher for me is using the too small car seat when they had just bought a larger one that was the correct size.

I'm really surprised the chief ME Brian Frist wasn't on the stand longer. I was shocked the defense had so little questions for him.

Another poor showing for the defense today, IMO. They (especially the younger one) badgered witnesses for absolutely no reason. They had the security guy on the stand waaaay too long and were unnecessarily aggressive with him. They had been doing a fantastic job, but the last two days have not been their best. Maybe they'll turn a corner tomorrow, and of course they still have their side to show.

If what they have is loving family man and pseudo science of false memories...I don't know. I'm sure they must have more.

Just a reminder. Any witness can be called by the Defense or even recalled by the State. Even multiple times. Seen it done with the State recalling, as they get to that portion of their case, they recall a witness for that. Saw many times in the Arron Lewis murder trial of Beverly Carter. What is odd to me, is they had the Lead Det on the stand at beginning, and recalled him through out States case. To flow if you will with testimony. In this case in chief, Lead Det Stoddard has been referenced multiple times as well as Det Murphy. Yet so far they have not had them on the stand. JMHO I can see few possible reasons for that. And think Stoddard will have to be up next or pretty soon. JMHO

LOL Especially after trial when Judge asked State if they were on pace,and Boring said yes but that anticipated it slowing down pretty soon, Judge, I can imagine.

Jmho from watching trials on live stream and in person.

More information will be coming out about RH's financial problems. Paying for his "extracurricular" activities was not inexpensive. Remember the prosecution is building the case brick by brick, to use an anology. There is much more info to come that goes to motive in this case. What is the opinon of others as whether or not RH will testify?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobcatbob