Trial - Ross Harris #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 2m2 minutes ago
#RossHarris told Meadows that if it wasn't for cooper he would leave his wife. He claimed to be in love with her.

Well he solved that problem alright.

As it got closer to June, contact between them became less frequent.

“He said, love you, honey,” Meadows read from a transcript of their texts. He said, “You’re gone.”

It was around the time that Meadows said she had begun dating somebody.

http://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-ne...ross-harris-trial-oct/VIgTMAzvLgWN8frEpIaV0K/

__

Meadows says when she started dating someone new in March 2014 communication became less frequent with Harris, but Harris continued to message her and tell her he loved her.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/ross-harr...the-ross-harris-hot-car-death-trial/459028507

wild about trial ‏@wildabouttrial 2m2 minutes ago
#rossharris told meadows that if it wasn't for cooper he would leave his wife. he claimed to be in love with her.

motive imo

So this witness turned off Kik and stopped messaging with him on June 8. I honestly fail to see how this testimony has any relevance at all.

ETA: Never mind ... that was not the end of their contact. Spoke too soon

The guy she was seeing at the time found out about her texts to Harris, who was unhappy because she cut him off.

“Tell you how sorry I am and that giving you up isn’t easy,” Meadows read from a text Harris sent her after that.

On March 29, 2014, Harris wrote to her, “You dropped me so fast with no explanation.”

Similar texts from him continued into May.

Wait ...how does being in love with another woman provide motive for killing your child?

They already established that Ross said he would 'never divorce because of his child.' So if he wanted to be single, he had to be child free. ....

He was obsessed with Meadows. He wouldn't leave her alone even though she had moved on with someone else.

What about answering an important business call or spilling coffee on your lap or any infinite number of things that can distract a person caring for a vulnerable child? Are you drawing no distinction among any activities that distract a parent?

Some things, like shooting heroin, come with known risks and dangers that are known to everyone. Knowing the risk of harm to your child if you shoot heroin - if you go ahead and shoot heroin, disregarding the known and foreseeable risks to your child, then you're criminally negligent.

Texting while your child is in your care is not an inherently risky behavior- in other words, it's not like Ross thought tha tCooper might get hurt or die if he texts on the way to work, and despite knowing that risk he went ahead and texted anyway.

BBM:

So if Ross didn't think it, it's not criminal negligence?

Also, I believe a 'reasonable person' (as they say) would see that there is an ocean of difference in distraction between regular occasional texting ("On my way home", "Stping at McD's, want anything?") and what Ross was committing, both in quantity of distraction, and content of distraction.

They already established that Ross said he would 'never divorce because of his child.' So if he wanted to be single, he had to be child free. ....

Really think about that though ....

He wouldn't divorce because he didn't want to hurt Cooper by having a broken home. But he'll go ahead and kill Cooper so he can get divorced? That does not make any sense at all. None.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter [video=twitter;789175447569309696]https://twitter.com/courtchatter/status/789175447569309696[/video]
#RossHarris - SKOUT profile: "Yes I'm married" "just looking to talk. Message me. I'm harmless" #HotCarDeath

Ha! I remember that bathroom pic - one of our members identified the restaurant. I wonder if LE found as many online profiles as people here did, lol.

Wait ...how does being in love with another woman provide motive for killing your child?

#RossHarris told Meadows that if it wasn't for cooper he would leave his wife. He claimed to be in love with her.

Really think about that though ....

He wouldn't divorce because he didn't want to hurt Cooper by having a broken home. But he'll go ahead and kill Cooper so he can get divorced? That does not make any sense at all. None.

He was not thinking rationally.

I do not believe that he consciously planned to kill his son. But I do think he was severely recklessly negligent. Criminally so.

On May 4, he said his wife wasn’t at home and wanted Meadows to visit.

The next day he wrote, “You’re officially off that radar.”

Meadows cut off Kik on May 8.

He tried to message her again on March 9 and 10. He wrote, “And you’re just gone with zero explanation.”

He tried again on May 11.

A couple days later she finally responded to him, asking Harris to call her. Up through June, Harris would call her.

Harris told her to call him on his work phone. If she called on his personal number, he told Meadows to block her number.

http://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-ne...ross-harris-trial-oct/VIgTMAzvLgWN8frEpIaV0K/

In this case he wasn't sexting at the time he forgot Cooper - so I think it's irrelevant. Even if he was sexting right before he forgot Cooper, I don't think sexting is criminal negligence in that case.

If he had taken a big dose of heroin before he was supposed to drop off Cooper and went into a coma for six hours - and that caused Cooper to die of hyperthermia, then that's the kind of criminal negligence that supports a homicide conviction. Because death or serious injury to Cooper is a clearly known risk if his caregiver takes a bunch of heroin and is unable to care for the baby.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I view this situation extremely differently. First, assuming that Ross forgot, we don't know the exact moment that occurred. Furthermore, Ross failed to remember Cooper was in the car. Although Ross could have saved Cooper, he did not. The text records are clear that Ross was texting and sexting during that crucial period of time when Ross could have recalled Cooper's whereabouts.

I do believe that sexting is an inherently risky behavior when one is tasked with caring for another's well-being. Sexting takes away from one's ability to care for a dependent child. On top of that texting while in a car is a risky. Many states have outlawed texting, even when stopped at a light, because texting increases the likelihood of accidents.

I think this last witness is pretty damning evidence. He seemed to be truly in love with her---at least he thought so.

And he had always said he could never divorce his wife because of Cooper. If Cooper was gone, he would be free to live his life, anew.

Harris sent Meadows at least one photo of his wife.

Sometimes he couldn’t talk to Meadows because he was with his wife, which made her upset.

Meadows said she cut off Kik again on May 18. On May 28, Meadows said: “Call me when you see this.”

Harris responded: “What’s wrong?”

She said, “A lot.”

Harris said it hurt that she stopped talking to him and that he moved on. But, he later said, he wasn’t done with Meadows once they started talking again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saglimtas20