Trial - Ross Harris #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA! Brendan Creato's dad stands accused of murdering him in order to keep his girlfriend from leaving. The first time I ever heard of such a motive was Susan Smith but I doubt she was the first parent to dispose of a child because of love. Why would Ross be such an exception that it's impossible to imagine that he was in love with another woman and wanted out of marriage, fatherhood and the responsibilities divorce would bring?

Thank You. I was trying to remember Creato's name. I was thinking about that case, as it has similarities.

Witness confirms that Ross said he wouldn't leave Leanna because of Cooper because he loved Cooper and wouldn't do that to his little boy. Not because he didn't want to pay child support or be responsible for a kid.

That is what he said but what did he really feel....we will never know.

It is not the only evidence we have,imo. We have the tragic fact that he left his son to die in a hot car. Makes me wonder how much he really cared about his welfare.

Well, it seems like you're making up evidence now to fit your preferred narrative. The only actual evidence we have from the trial is that he said he wouldn't leave his wife because he didn't want to hurt his son.

I do not believe the evidence indicates that he "left his son to die in a hot car" - at least not intentionally.

A sociopath and narcissist who genuinely loved Ms. Meadows but who was all the while sexting nonstop with multiple other women, telling at least one he was happily married, all the while professing his love to Ms. Meadows.

Sounds more like a confused and spoiled adolescent than a sociopath.

Could be both a confused, spoiled immature brat and a sociopath, imo.

Witness confirms that Ross said he wouldn't leave Leanna because of Cooper because he loved Cooper and wouldn't do that to his little boy. Not because he didn't want to pay child support or be responsible for a kid.

Look at his reaction to Cooper's death. It doesn't equate.

Well, it seems like you're making up evidence now to fit your preferred narrative. The only actual evidence we have from the trial is that he said he wouldn't leave his wife because he didn't want to hurt his son.

I do not believe the evidence indicates that he "left his son to die in a hot car" - at least not intentionally.

Just because he told his young online girlfriend that he 'didn't want to hurt his son' ---it doesn't mean it is true.

The following is a text conversation between Meadows and Harris on May 28, 2014,

Meadows: “Call me when you see this, hey”

Harris: “What’s wrong?”

M: “A lot but you never called so”

H: “Honey, you dropped me and don’t talk to me for weeks at a time. I can’t drop everything at work and call you.”

M: “You used to.”

PARAPHRASE: Well Jaynie you gave up on me without explanation so I moved on. that hurt”

M: “You moved on. What does that even mean? You’re done with me?”

H: “No I’m not done with you…”

PARAPHRASE: She said she’d leave him alone, and he said don’t do that.

H: “Did y’all have a fight?” (In reference to Jaynie’s boyfriend at the time)

M: “Not exactly. We’re just so different. I don’t feel like me anymore. I want to be loved on every chance I get….I’m always so afraid to make him made or something.”

PARAPHRASE: She said she felt stuck and Harris told her she wasn’t and could always leave.

http://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-ne...ross-harris-trial-oct/VIgTMAzvLgWN8frEpIaV0K/

That is what he said but what did he really feel....we will never know.

Precisely, about his words being used - in any context- as evidence of anything, much less his feeeeeeelings. (;)) And yet, his words and fictional searches comprise not just the heart, but nearly the entirety of the State's case. Smoke and mirrors.

Just because he told his young online girlfriend that he 'didn't want to hurt his son' ---it doesn't mean it is true.

Well, yeah but it also doesn't create an inference that it is a lie either. So far, every single witness has said that Ross appeared to love his son very much, took very good care of him, and was a good father. Seriously, not one single negative thing has been said about the way he took care of his son.

I think the defense is intentionally just trying to bore the jury right now - in effect demonstrating the insignificance of all of this chatter before Cooper's death

Well, yeah but it also doesn't create an inference that it is a lie either. So far, every single witness has said that Ross appeared to love his son very much, took very good care of him, and was a good father. Seriously, not one single negative thing has been said about the way he took care of his son.

Yes. But apparently that was all a lie and just a show for family, friends, colleagues, daycare workers, and fellow parishioners, while what he texts strangers he wants sex with is the truth .

What do you mean?

He loved Cooper so much that he wouldn't ever divorce because he didn't want to hurt him. Cooper died a horrendous death while in Ross' care and he really had little to no reaction.

Just because he 'appeared' to take good care of his son, it doesn't mean he did. Everyone raved about what a great babysitter my uncle was, and publicly he seemed amazing. But he sexually abused me for a few years when I was very young. No one would have known. He seemed awesome. Helped us with our homework, took us to little league, etc.

Edit to add:: NOT saying Ross was abusing Cooper. Just saying that even if a caretaker seems to be perfect, doesn't mean they are.

In context it doesn't sound like that's why he said they would never get divorced. It sounds like he was expressing concern for Cooper.

BTW - he's supporting Cooper even while he's married to Leanna. Child support after divorce is just a way of continuing that support.

I'm sure Ross knew, in context, it would sound like he was expressing concern for Cooper's well-being. But he didn't spell that out, so I'm not going to assume that was his main concern. Do we really think he's going to tell his work buddy "I'd never get divorced because of Cooper, by that I mean all the extra time and money it would cost me"?

I understand what child support is. :) It costs a lot more money to support a child from TWO separate households than in one shared household. And it would cost Ross way more one-on-one time with Cooper during visitations where he doesn't have Lena to pick up on his parenting slack.

I think the defense is intentionally just trying to bore the jury right now - in effect demonstrating the insignificance of all of this chatter before Cooper's death

Apparently so. And it seems to be working.

Yes. But apparently that was all a lie and just a show for family, friends, colleagues, daycare workers, and fellow parishioners, while what he texts strangers he wants sex with is the truth .

Apparently he was so invested in his false persona that he actually took good care of his son just to fool everyone into believing he loved his son -- when he secretly wanted to kill him.

Well, that's what a double life is. So....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper