Trial - Ross Harris #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He loved Cooper so much that he wouldn't ever divorce because he didn't want to hurt him. Cooper died a horrendous death while in Ross' care and he really had little to no reaction.

What are you talking about? He was hysterical and sobbing.

Well, it seems like you're making up evidence now to fit your preferred narrative. The only actual evidence we have from the trial is that he said he wouldn't leave his wife because he didn't want to hurt his son.

I do not believe the evidence indicates that he "left his son to die in a hot car" - at least not intentionally.

BBM:

I missed this quote. Does anyone have the link where he said this?

Apparently he was so invested in his false persona that he actually took good care of his son just to fool everyone into believing he loved his son -- when he secretly wanted to kill him.

It happens all the time when people lead double lives. They have a public persona, which is 'good' ---and a shadow self, which is less than good.

Apparently he was so invested in his false persona that he actually took good care of his son just to fool everyone into believing he loved his son -- when he secretly wanted to kill him.

No wonder the State is having such a difficult time getting the story straight. :D

What are you talking about? He was hysterical and sobbing.

I think it depends on what a a person feels about it. Many people feel that he was acting and badly acting at that. Many think he wasn't acting, at all.

BBM: Predators are smart like that.

I am not sure how much this is relevant to Cooper's death, but Ross's predatory behavior has been so troubling to me. Before this trial began, I thought that it was strange that Ross was not given bond. However, his habit of texting girls who were 18 (or even younger) is abhorrent. How many girls were 18 when Ross was sexting with them? He picked up one girl from her dorm! While the girls are adults under the law (and I am not suggesting he be prosecuted for this), he is clearly taking advantage of their youth and inexperience. As a mom, I am sickened by this pattern.

But he wasn't sexting on his way to work or when he pulled into his parking spot...at the moment he forgot Cooper. He was merely texting - run of the mill stuff.

It wasn't exactly run of the mill IMO. When Ross was presumably stopped at the light, he was sympathizing with the Whisper woman about needing an escape from life and from her unappreciated role as wife and mother. The timing of it is eerie to me. You're right though - it wasn't sexting.

Really think about that though ....

He wouldn't divorce because he didn't want to hurt Cooper by having a broken home. But he'll go ahead and kill Cooper so he can get divorced? That does not make any sense at all. None.

If Cooper was dead, he would be in a better place and no longer in a broken world. It doesn't make sense to me, but both LH and RH have said that they would not bring Cooper back.

At Cooper's funeral Leanna talked about how Cooper didn't sleep well the night before he died and so he slept in bed with them. I'm no fan of Leanna but ugh, to learn her husband was trying to contact another woman that he claimed to love while she and his child slept next to him has got to be horrific. Ross lies but I believe he was telling the truth when he said he had no conscience.
<BBM>

Even a broken clock is right two times a day.

Unless he was a sociopath and a narcissist, which is something i am beginning to wonder about.

Today, for the first time, I am starting to lean towards premeditation. :cry:

Yesterday was the first time that I actually started to believe that premeditation was a possibility. I certainly have not seen enough evidence to convict him of malice murder, but I do see some troubling patterns that are emerging.

Meadows reads text message Harris sent her in 2013 saying that if it weren't for Cooper he would have left Leanna by now.

Harris would sometimes get emotional about his and Meadows&#8217; relationship when they spoke on the phone.

He told Meadows she was the only one, that there were other girls.

&#8220;He told me he loved me every day,&#8221; Meadows said.

Defense had a hard time with Meadows at the end. He tried to say she was 'mad' at Ross and thats why she is sounding negative and she pushed back and denied it was the case---said she was being truthful.

Appeared to take good care of his son when people were watching. Who knows how many times, when he was in charge of Cooper, he was so busy sexting, he 'forgot' he had Cooper, only in the past, it didn't result in injury or death?

And I know you know this, but people do kill people they love. Fathers sometimes take out their entire family...out of a twisted definition of love. And people let people die they purport to love. We can't actually know what Ross's emotional capabilities are.

We do know he can purport to love Lena, and screw around with multiple people behind her back. (and yes, I know people do this to people they love, but there are those who could NEVER do this to people they love. He ain't in that category.) He can put on a 'good father' hat all he likes, but I'm guessing the father of the 15 year old he was sexting would argue a good father wouldn't sext with minors, or want their minors sexted with. A good father would make that connection. I'd argue a 'good father' wouldn't risk hurting Cooper with the prospect of jail time for sexting with a teenager. Or consorting with prostitutes.

He loved Cooper so much that he wouldn't ever divorce because he didn't want to hurt him. Cooper died a horrendous death while in Ross' care and he really had little to no reaction.

Respectfully, that appears a little to be confusing a testified by many people fact with a subjective opinion.

Appeared to take good care of his son when people were watching. Who knows how many times, when he was in charge of Cooper, he was so busy sexting, he 'forgot' he had Cooper, only in the past, it didn't result in injury or death?

And I know you know this, but people do kill people they love. Fathers sometimes take out their entire family...out of a twisted definition of love. And people let people die they purport to love. We can't actually know what Ross's emotional capabilities are.

We do know he can purport to love Lena, and screw around with multiple people behind her back. (and yes, I know people do this to people they love, but there are those who could NEVER do this to people they love. He ain't in that category.) He can put on a 'good father' hat all he likes, but I'm guessing the father of the 15 year old he was sexting would argue a good father wouldn't sext with minors, or want their minors sexted with. A good father would make that connection. I'd argue a 'good father' wouldn't risk hurting Cooper with the prospect of jail time for sexting with a teenager. Or consorting with prostitutes.
I am guessing a now more mature (forced to mature quickly) RH would now agree with you

I think this was a bad day for the defense. Today was the first time we were seeing that he had a beautiful young girl that expressed LOVE for him and wanted to be with him. They spoke every day and were 'best friends.' And why couldn't he leave his wife and be with this gorgeous redhead? Because of Cooper. He says he could never divorce Cooper's Mommy...

But what if Cooper were not around anymore? What if there was a tragic accident and his beloved son was gone? Would his sweetheart be there for him to help him through it all?

Meadows reads text message Harris sent her in 2013 saying that if it weren't for Cooper he would have left Leanna by now.

Harris would sometimes get emotional about his and Meadows&#8217; relationship when they spoke on the phone.

He told Meadows she was the only one, that there were other girls.

&#8220;He told me he loved me every day,&#8221; Meadows said.

Was the testimony--She was the only one, there were NO other girls? (Lol). Or, she was the only one and there were other girls? (lol again, but at least that would be honest).

He told her he loved her every day? Perhaps she means on the days she wasn't playing games with him by cutting off contact til he heeled sufficiently? If Ross told Leanna he loved her every day would that make it so?

Originally Posted by minor4th View Post
Well, it seems like you're making up evidence now to fit your preferred narrative. The only actual evidence we have from the trial is that he said he wouldn't leave his wife because he didn't want to hurt his son.

I do not believe the evidence indicates that he "left his son to die in a hot car" - at least not intentionally
BBM:

I missed this quote. Does anyone have the link where he said this?

JM must have said it to one of the Detectives because she said she didn't remember that and Kilgore asked her if it would help refresh her memory if she listed to it over the evening . She finally said that yes, he would not leave the marriage and hurt that baby.

I think this was a bad day for the defense. Today was the first time we were seeing that he had a beautiful young girl that expressed LOVE for him and wanted to be with him. They spoke every day and were 'best friends.' And why couldn't he leave his wife and be with this gorgeous redhead? Because of Cooper. He says he could never divorce Cooper's Mommy...

But what if Cooper were not around anymore? What if there was a tragic accident and his beloved son was gone? Would his sweetheart be there for him to help him through it all?

I have watched very little of today, so I can't speak to that. However, I feel like this week has not been strong for them. I don't expect it to continue tending this way, because they are a good team. With that said, they have a massive challenge of attempting to repair the character of Ross.

He lied, and lied, and lied some more. So what is the truth? I don't know how they will fix that, but it will be interesting to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper