Trial - Ross Harris #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just cannot accept that he forgot the baby in that short 30 seconds from leaving the CFA lot and reaching the turn off to the daycare. I cannot believe he manufactured a memory of dropping him off at daycare in that short 30 second span. JMO

I agree it's hard to accept and I'm not 100% convinced he did forget. I'm waiting for all evidence to play out.

He didn't manufacture a memory of dropping him off. To my understanding that's not how it works. At any rate- with LH at the station he admits he can't recall dropping him off when he tried to remember. He couldn't see how this could have happened.

Forgetting is something that happens in an instant. It is not something that takes a certain amount of time. If he started thinking of other things 10 seconds after he started his car, then that's when he could have forgotten. I do t really like the word "forgotten" though; it seems more descriptive that he lost awareness or consciousness of Cooper being in the car as his brain went into autopilot and drive his body to work in the way that he normally did.

To reject that possibility, you have to conclude that the whole thing was planned and carried out with premeditation. Given everything we've heard - it seems more plausible that he forgot about Cooper as soon as he started driving than to disregard a mountain of other evidence and conclude that he planned to kill Cooper on that day.

Why is the feed blacked out now?

I think it is possible that he had thought about the 'possibility' of losing his child in a hot car previously. [ as shown by it being his greatest fear, and his comments posted on the hot car video, where he said it would be bad if his son was in that hot car...]

And he may have had thoughts about potentially ridding himself off parental responsibilities in this fashion. But he did not necessarily plan to do it that very day. But MAYBE he impulsively decided, within that 30 seconds of time, to just 'FORGET' about his child...and become a free single man again. And so he went on autopilot and erased Cooper from his memory banks right then.

That would explain a lot, in my opinion. It might explain why he had ready answers for LE, and why he seemed odd in terms of demeanor, etc

Forgetting is something that happens in an instant. It is not something that takes a certain amount of time. If he started thinking of other things 10 seconds after he started his car, then that's when he could have forgotten. I do t really like the word "forgotten" though; it seems more descriptive that he lost awareness or consciousness of Cooper being in the car as his brain went into autopilot and drive his body to work in the way that he normally did.

To reject that possibility, you have to conclude that the whole thing was planned and carried out with premeditation. Given everything we've heard - it seems more plausible that he forgot about Cooper as soon as he started driving than to disregard a mountain of other evidence and conclude that he planned to kill Cooper on that day.

This! You explained what I've been trying to articulate and have failed to do so clearly !

I think it is possible that he had thought about the 'possibility' of losing his child in a hot car previously. [ as shown by it being his greatest fear, and his comments posted on the hot car video, where he said it would be bad if his son was in that hot car...]

And he may have had thoughts about potentially ridding himself off parental responsibilities in this fashion. But he did not necessarily plan to do it that very day. But MAYBE he impulsively decided, within that 30 seconds of time, to just 'FORGET' about his child...and become a free single man again. And so he went on autopilot and erased Cooper from his memory banks right then.

That would explain a lot, in my opinion. It might explain why he had ready answers for LE, and why he seemed odd in terms of demeanor, etc

Do you think it's possible that he did go on autopilot in the morning, and then realized what he had done before lunch? And then... just decided to kind of roll with it? The stop at the car was an attempt to confirm without making a scene?

I don't know if I buy this idea, but it's been crossing my mind a lot lately.

When was the youtube video that RH watched posted to youtube? How did RH access if he didn't search it? TIA

When was the youtube video that RH watched posted to youtube? How did RH access if he didn't search it? TIA

It was posted on Reddit a month or so before Cooper's death. And if I understand correctly, he did not search for it; it was on the Reddit front page and he clicked on it from there.

Watching a video about hot car danger five days before his child dies in a hot car is too coincidental for me to believe and may have planted a seed in his brain to actually do it. JMO

I agree it's hard to accept and I'm not 100% convinced he did forget. I'm waiting for all evidence to play out.

He didn't manufacture a memory of dropping him off.
To my understanding that's not how it works. At any rate- with LH at the station he admits he can't recall dropping him off when he tried to remember. He couldn't see how this could have happened.

But that is the problem for Ross. In other cases that Dr Diamond describes, the drivers have manufactured memories of dropping their child off that morning. So if they think of their child that day, they do not suddenly 'remember' they are still in the car. They have a 'false memory' of dropping the baby off already.

But Ross did not have that false memory. So when he had things through out the morning that should have triggered his memory, why didn't he remember his son was still in the car?

He cannot have it both ways.

This! You explained what I've been trying to articulate and have failed to do so clearly !

It is really hard to articulate. I had to think and think about how to say it, and I'm still not totally satisfied that it conveys what I want to say.

Apparently it hit the front page of Reddit days before Cooper's death (June 13th). He accessed the video from that link. Original upload date of the video says July 2012.

It was posted on Reddit a month or so before Cooper's death. And if I understand correctly, he did not search for it; it was on the Reddit front page and he clicked on it from there.

It was on reddit for a month before RH watched it and it made the front page a month later? hmmmmm

Do you think it's possible that he did go on autopilot in the morning, and then realized what he had done before lunch? And then... just decided to kind of roll with it? The stop at the car was an attempt to confirm without making a scene?

I don't know if I buy this idea, but it's been crossing my mind a lot lately.

Possibly.

But I think it is more likely that he had considered doing it for awhile. He had contemplated it, and then for some reason, that morning he decided impulsively to go through with it.

But that is the problem for Ross. In other cases that Dr Diamond describes, the drivers have manufactured memories of dropping their child off that morning. So if they think of their child that day, they do not suddenly 'remember' they are still in the car. They have a 'false memory' of dropping the baby off already.

But Ross did not have that false memory. So when he had things through out the morning that should have triggered his memory, why didn't he remember his son was still in the car?

He cannot have it both ways.

That is a great point! It will be interesting to here Dr. Diamond's testimony.

Does reddit have records of when reddit threads make the front page? Just wondering

Forgetting is something that happens in an instant. It is not something that takes a certain amount of time. If he started thinking of other things 10 seconds after he started his car, then that's when he could have forgotten. I don't really like the word "forgotten" though; it seems more descriptive that he lost awareness or consciousness of Cooper being in the car as his brain went into autopilot and drove his body to work in the way that he normally did.

Here is where we disagree:

"To reject that possibility, you have to conclude that the whole thing was planned and carried out with premeditation. Given everything we've heard - it seems more plausible that he forgot about Cooper as soon as he started driving than to disregard a mountain of other evidence and conclude that he planned to kill Cooper on that day. "

Premeditation can be a span of minutes or seconds, right? Couldn't he have considered this as a possible 'escape' for awhile. But did not actually plan on doing so that day. But for some reason, that morning, during that 30 second span of time, he decides to go for it? If so, that other 'mountain of evidence' would have no bearing, imo.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 1m1 minute ago
#RossHarris - March 2014 Ross text Leanna about "Daddy/son breakfast, we haven't in like 2 months" #Hotcardeath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danaboulden78