Trial - Ross Harris #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Demonstrative evidence, such as the scan, is only admissible as an aid for the jury, Rodriguez said. But the scan doesn’t accurately depict Harris stance outside the vehicle, he argued.

“It’s not fair. It’s not accurate. It’s not representative of any of the testimony we’ve heard,” Rodriguez said of the scans.

Superior Court Judge Mary Staley Clark said she will allow the new scans.

I think some people in this thread appear to be letting their personal issues with law enforcement interfere in their judgement. Just my opinion of course, but I can honestly say I've never seen so much hate and vitriol towards the police than in this thread. Admittedly I'm a newbie here, so maybe it's not like that with other cases.

I hope you won't be too disillusioned when and if you follow other trials and threads on WS and discover in every trial and in every thread you'll find people -most of us, lol, who question, challenge and analyze every little bit of everything, disagreeing with one another as often as we agree. It's a good thing.

Welcome to WS.

(PS. If you know any LE personally, then you probably know they are in fact more critical and bothered by dirty cops and bad police work than "civilians," not least because it affects them personally).

If Ross deliberately left cooper in the car and knew he was there, it makes absolutely no sense that he would go to his car at lunch time to toss in light bulbs. Why would he do that?

To see if Cooper was dead, perhaps.

Defense just asked for a written ruling on the denial of their motion in limine. That sort of suggests that they are considering an interlocutory appeal of that ruling.

Hear, hear. And if so, I hope it's heard.

Defense just asked for a written ruling on the denial of their motion in limine. That sort of suggests that they are considering an interlocutory appeal of that ruling.

Question for you, is that common in criminal cases?

To see if Cooper was dead, perhaps.

Why though? And he didn't even look in the car, so how could he make that determination? And what was he going to do after seeing if Cooper was dead?

I'm not trying to be argumentative; it just really does not make sense to me, so I'm hoping someone can explain their thinking on this.

Question for you, is that common in criminal cases?

No, it's not. There are only very limited things that can be appealed before a final judgment. I'm really not sure if this is one of those things or not.

If Ross deliberately left cooper in the car and knew he was there, it makes absolutely no sense that he would go to his car at lunch time to toss in light bulbs. Why would he do that?
Curiosity.

The better question is why would he even go to the car to put the light bulbs in under any circumstances? The answer is he wouldn't. He is a slobbish looking person, apparently not prone to exercise so why take that extra trip? Why wouldn't you just bring them back up to your desk?
He remembered, for who knows how long, that he needed to pick up light bulbs (with no prompting from LH but on his own)but manages to forget his son who he just fed in a 30 sec time frame while sexting about him....those same light bulbs and the trip to HD and walking back to his car completely forgotten however when asked. But wouldn't he have had to move the bulbs as he put the bag on the drivers side seat.

I'm sorry but even asleep I just can't get over the car seat proximity and not seeing him, let alone while parking the car and looking that direction to park the car. Or while getting back in?? Defies logic.

I don't think he had a grand scheme, but had been thinking about it and impulsively did it. his world was starting to unravel and something had to give. Cooper dying bought him attention, saved money and got him a pass for work. And perhaps freedom.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The jury is returning to the courtroom.

Grimstead is continuing to testify and the prosecution is questioning him.

He obtained the car seat originally but did not realize at the time that it had an extension. He only realized it, Grimstead said, during his trial testimony.

I don't know that he did it deliberately.

But I've followed enough cases here to know that often, the guilty often do things that 'make absolutely no sense' to most of us.

That being said, I can imagine that the person who had the psychological makeup to be able to justify intellectually the craven act baking their child to death to begin freeing themselves of entanglements, would also be a person who would be morbidly curious if the 'hard work' of killing the child was done by lunch time, so he could focus on Act II, The Dramatic Discovery in front of maximum audience.

Cvtn2exWYAAaf73.jpg

Harris #HotCarDeath Trial: Defense Attorney says enhanced video shows Harris' head remained outside of SUV when he returned at lunch. @wsbtv

https://twitter.com/RossCavittWSB

__

Looks to me like her purposely didn't want to stick his head in the car. Why did he fling lightbulbs in the car without looking in first, at least? hmmmm,,,,

I just reenacted the above scene with my own car. I'm 5'4" and my car is Toyota Camry. My head was above the ceiling level as I threw a small bag inside. I can't see inside the car then, but as I pulled away and moved my eye ball lower and glanced toward to the back area, I was able to see the back seat portion.

RH saw Cooper that afternoon, IMO.

I just reenacted the above scene with my own car. I'm 5'4" and my car is Toyota Camry. My head was above the ceiling level as I threw a small bag inside. I can't see inside the car then, but as I pulled away and moved my eye ball lower and glanced toward to the back area, I was able to see the back seat portion.

RH saw Cooper that afternoon, IMO.

Flaw in experimental design, pocket-sis. Results influenced by the fct you were thinking about looking there, and did. ;)

It is though.

I don't think it is 'new' and different evidence at all. The person doing the scan did so when the car seat was put in with the extension in the wrong place compared to how it was when the baby died in the car. Once they found that out during cross, they decided to correct it in the new scan. It is not different evidence--it is corrected from a mistake made when placing the car seat inside the car. But no one is trying to introduce new and different evidence. They are just correcting a minor mistake concerning the seat adjustment mechanism.

The defense is just doing acrobatics because they don't want the jury to see how close the car seat was to Ross. JMO :cow:

Why not park the suv in the parking lot and let the jury look for themselves to see if cooper was visible.

I don't know that he did it deliberately.

But I've followed enough cases here to know that often, the guilty often do things that 'make absolutely no sense' to most of us.

That being said, I can imagine that the person who had the psychological makeup to be able to justify intellectually the craven act baking their child to death to begin freeing themselves of entanglements, would also be a person who would be morbidly curious if the 'hard work' of killing the child was done by lunch time, so he could focus on Act II, The Dramatic Discovery in front of maximum audience.

That is the best explanation I've heard.

Why not park the suv in the parking lot and let the jury look for themselves to see if cooper was visible.

That is happening tomorrow, lol.

I really think thee hullabaloo surrounding the scan is silly. The jury is going to see the vehicle, it's a better representation anyway.

They did the rescan in Glynn County because the vehicle had already been transported to Brunswick.

The prosecutor showed the jury two photos – one with the extension up and the other with it down. Grimstead said that when the vehicle was rescanned the extension was up as it had been the day Cooper died.

The prosecution is going through photos of the SUV with Grimstead in front of the jury.

One depicts the car seat sitting on the floor next to vehicle before it is placed in for the rescan. Another shows a side view of the car with both passenger side doors open.

A doll the size of Cooper was put in the car seat for the scan. The doll is visible through the passenger side rear window.

In another photo taken from the driver side front door you can see the safety seat.

I think the defense is hating these pictures now being shown to the jury!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheForgottenLives