Trial - Ross Harris #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The time to complain about that would have been yesterday when they discussed the viewing for today or BEFORE the jurors were brought out to view the car---not after. The Judge was at the scene so they could have voiced their concerns beforehand. Too late now.

Kilgore was right on time to ask for a mistrial. Preserving the record for appeals. It's his job, and he's doing a magnificent job, imo, in a difficult case, with a miserable client and a judge who is transparently pro-prosecution.

After that sad excuse to get a mistrial, I truly believe now that the defense has no defense at all and are just looking for holes. Unbelievable.

I agree but if I were on the jury the only person I would want to hear from at this point is Coopers dad

Personally I would love to see him on the stand. That would surely be a slam, dunk for the State.

Kilgore was right on time to ask for a mistrial. Preserving the record for appeals. It's his job, and he's doing a magnificent job, imo, in a difficult case, with a miserable client and a judge who is transparently pro-prosecution.

Like the judge stated---the car is a piece of evidence and the jurors have a right to see ALL the evidence. The car could not be brought in to the jury deliberation room so it had to be viewed outside. It was a fair ruling.

Lawyers return to court and defense argues that the viewing has harmed their case. Defense attorney Maddox Kilgore says jurors leaned into the car and looked around, which is inconsistent with what Harris did that day. "So what we're left with is exactly what I warned about months ago ... We're in a situation now where jurors have been given free rein to substitute their vantage point, their view point for the evidence, for what Mr. Harris could or could not see from his height, from his view point," Kilgore said. "It allows them to substitute what they could or could not see for what Mr. Harris could or could not see."

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/ross-harr...the-ross-harris-hot-car-death-trial/461154506

I don't think the issue is what he saw or didn't see when he was tossing in the lightbulbs, they wanted to see how close quarters it was and how close the carseat was to the driver's seat.

The jury is not being asked to determine whether or not the police reached the correct conclusion. The jury is tasked with deciding if the State has proven beyond a reasonable doubt the charges levied against Ross.

The charges against Ross are not considered conclusions of the investigation?

I call BS. Creeps her out but she keeps chatting with him? :thinking:

How can she just read these messages out loud. I think I'm a total prude. I would be mortified reading this stuff where my mother might end up hearing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am ready for the State to rest its case. I want to see what the DT has planned. I am becoming an impatient court observer.

MOO is that they will say Ross Harris has a sex addiction and needs to be committed to a program. His addiction interfered with his being a responsible parent.

Yuck, yuck!

Did she say she was interviewed by LE on June 20? Must have been 2015? Because otherwise, it was before LE had a search warrant for look at the contents of RH's phone.

Prosecutors call Angela Cornett to the witness stand. She began chatting with Harris in spring 2014 through the Scout messaging app.

She says conversations were purely sexual.

Cornett says Harris never expressed unhappiness with his marriage but did say Harris told her he wanted to sleep with as many different people as possible in his lifetime. She says she told police about the statement.

Cornett says she was interested in dating people. But Harris said he was interested in sex and wanted to meet her, but Cornett said he seemed "creepy" and "sketchy."

Cornett says she and Harris were messaging until 3:04 p.m. on the day Cooper Harris died.

http://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-ne...ross-harris-trial-oct/hpXi49piPXWQipBaaPuiOL/
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/ross-harr...the-ross-harris-hot-car-death-trial/461154506

State calls next witness, Detective Carey Grimstead, back to the stand.

Grimstead says he has taken the car seat in and out of the car "at least four times" now.

Grimstead says he photographed a pair of sunglasses next to the car seat, but did not include them in his investigative report.

are they reading WS lol I posted both of those pic and commented on early this morning :) (sunglasses, and the weight on the base)

:silly: IIRC this is the one that Stoddard said he didn't know what the report said. The 2 times watching PSA video.
Stoddard told Kilgore he would have to ask the Expert, and Kilgore said he would ask the Expert

State calls Jim Persinger to the stand. Persinger works for PM Investigations, a company that does digital forensics and cyber analysis.

He is an expert in forensic evaluation of electronic devices.

Persinger says he's worked on 2,400 cases and examined more than 6,000 hard drives and electronic devices. He has also created software to assist with forensic evaluation.

Persinger says he was contacted by the Cobb DA's office in July 2014. He then met with investigators.

Thank you to all for commenting and adding court details. I haven't been watching the trial but have been keeping up with all of the details here.
I've seen the question asked in the previous threads, but not really discussed.
Are there any supporters in the courtroom for RH? If yes, do we know who? If no, why not in your opinion. It seems with how icky him seems to be it would be a good show to have some family in the court to show that he is supported.

Just wondering what your (general you) thoughts are on this.

I have really enjoyed reading about this case along with you all. I go back and forth between premeditated and mistake.
I am from GA and have lived here my whole life. A baby dying in that car, in that heat, either way is heartbreaking!

Thank you to all for commenting and adding court details. I haven't been watching the trial but have been keeping up with all of the details here.
I've seen the question asked in the previous threads, but not really discussed.
Are there any supporters in the courtroom for RH? If yes, do we know who? If no, why not in your opinion. It seems with how icky him seems to be it would be a good show to have some family in the court to show that he is supported.

Just wondering what your (general you) thoughts are on this.

I have really enjoyed reading about this case along with you all. I go back and forth between premeditated and mistake.
I am from GA and have lived here my whole life. A baby dying in that car, in that heat, either way is heartbreaking!

:welcome:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member