Trial - Ross Harris #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't understand why the defense called Leanna as a witness for Ross, seems she did more harm then good for the defense.

How about walking around professing deep love for their baby? Still rare IMO

IMO these witnesses talking about what a good parent RH was or that he loved Cooper so much...they are pointless. Nobody wanders around their office professing that they hate their baby.

Next defense witness: Aundrae Brown, who says he worked with Harris for three or four years, on the same team at Home Depot. He is a systems engineer.

Brown says he sat close by Harris's office cube and the two of them worked on the same projects 99 percent of the time.

Defense attorney Carlos Rodriquez asks whether Brown got to "understand and form an opinion about his work ethic?"

Brown says Harris started as an intern and showed great promise.

"He did real well. After a while, it kind of started to lag. When he first started, I was asked to look over much of his work. I wasn't expecting much, and it was finished. He did really well as an intern."

I don't think she wants to know her ex intentionally killed Cooper. I believe she is in denial and really can't blame her. The pain of having affairs with many women would be enough to deal with let alone knowing her husband would kill their child. I can't see it not crossing her mind at some point. She I'm sure is familiar with their car and Coopers car seat and maybe have even wondered how he could not see Cooper that morning..

I think she's familiar enough with Ross to know he is COMPLETELY unreliable. I think she thinks he forgot Cooper and it fits perfectly with his immaturity, unreliability, passiveness, selfishness.

I can't understand why the defense called Leanna as a witness for Ross, seems she did more harm then good for the defense.

She did well yesterday, but after 'Boring had his turn with her it went downhill from there.....

I think she's familiar enough with Ross to know he is COMPLETELY unreliable. I think she thinks he forgot Cooper and it fits perfectly with his immaturity, unreliability, passiveness, selfishness.

She's still an odd bird, if it were our kid, my wife would be hysterical as would I.<modsnip>

Next defense witness: Aundrae Brown, who says he worked with Harris for three or four years, on the same team at Home Depot. He is a systems engineer.

Brown says he sat close by Harris's office cube and the two of them worked on the same projects 99 percent of the time.

Defense attorney Carlos Rodriquez asks whether Brown got to "understand and form an opinion about his work ethic?"

Brown says Harris started as an intern and showed great promise.

"He did real well. After a while, it kind of started to lag. When he first started, I was asked to look over much of his work. I wasn't expecting much, and it was finished. He did really well as an intern."

This sounds like Ross. He does well at first....and then the novelty wears off.

(FWIW, I don't think he killed Cooper on purpose, but I do think he wasn't up to the long-term responsibilities of being a parent. Some of the daily tasks of parenting bored him, he got distracted, and his child died.)

jmo

Duffie Dixon 11AliveVerified account &#8207;@DuffieDixon 4m4 minutes ago
Co worker of #RossHarris, Andre Brown, testifying it's not uncommon to clear web browsers at work #11Alive

Rodriguez asks Brown whether Home Depot allowed web developers to work on side projects for themselves; Brown says it was fine if they did so on their own time and adds that it was quite common at the company.

The lawyer asks which Internet browser the development team used.

Google Chrome, he says.

In response to a question, Brown explains that the "web deb" crew makes frequent changes on the web site. Say, he says, you want to change the color on a page from red to blue. He explains that you may not see that change right away because of "caching," in which the browser displays the page it has already loaded. So workers would often "clear cache" to make sure they could see the changes they'd wrote.

Rodriguez asks whether it was suspicious that web developers would clear cache frequently.

Brown says not at all.

He says Home Depot issues iPhones to web developers so they can test the company's mobile site, and that developers often cleared cache on the phone's Safari browser.

What I'm getting from this testimony with Mr. Brown is similar to Cindy Anthony's testimony that she was the one who googled "chlorophyll" rather than chloroform. Defense is trying to say that JRH cleared his cache and used a VPN purely for work purposes as though JRH would never hide his extramarital activities with the same measures.

I wonder if it's also common for Home Depot employees to have hidden folders on their phones?

Am I seeing this correctly - Mr. Boring is questioning LH about the proximity of the car seat and how close it was or might have been, and she's so upset court goes to break?

Could it be that she's just now realizing how impossible it was for JRH to forget Cooper in the car?

Interesting that when they got back from break and Boring starts questioning her as to what she knew or didn't know about RH's 'activites', she gets upset again and says something to the effect "Let me make this clear............" Boring cuts her off and then tells her he has to ask her these questions and when she realizes getting upset isn't going to get her out of answering his questions, all of a sudden she's composed again and answers his questions.

If JRH was an ineffective employee who couldn't be bothered with basic work responsibilities, how in the world did he become head web developer of 9th Hour? Didn't the previous witness just testify they couldn't move forward without JRH?

Brown says Home Depot is a fun, although not laid back, place to work. Harris is a friendly southern man, he says, and was the sort of person who frequently jumped into other people's conversations.

He also says it was common for Harris to talk about things he'd discovered in web searches. He often looked up facts on the Internet as things arose in conversation, Brown says.

He says Harris became less motivated as time went on.

"There was a time when I used to just ask constantly about certain tasks: is it done, where are we with it?" But he decided that wasn't working and that it would be more effective to ask Harris for progress reports during the daily 9 a.m. team call.

Rodriguez asks whether Harris would duck the 9 a.m. calls. Brown says yes.

I know we're not quite at the end of the trial yet, but I'm curious if anyone has changed their mind about the case during the trial? Did you originally think one thing and now think another?

As for me, I never really thought he intended to murder Cooper. But, during the State's case, I did start to wonder if maybe he did. However, there is enough reasonable doubt for me that I couldn't convict on that charge.

I think his negligence caused the death of Cooper - it wasn't just "oops, I forgot." And, for that negligence, I think he should be found guilty. So, my opinion is back where it was at the beginning.

How about you? Anything change for you? Or reinforced?

(My pet theory that he left Cooper on purpose "just for a minute" while he checked into work still is on my mind. I realize they will not bring that up because it would admit guilt of knowingly leaving him....but I still suspect that is what happened.)

jmo

Rodriguez asks about a specific project Brown had assigned to Harris and how Harris performed on it.

"So, we were splitting up the tasks, right, so we'd get a bunch of tasks and assign the work," he said. "I thought at the time this would be something that Ross could handle and should be done fairly quickly. We spoke about it, and then it just wasn't getting done. He would be on his phone a lot, or on websites, and the work just wasn't getting done."

This defense case is sad IMO

Brown says Home Depot is a fun, although not laid back, place to work. Harris is a friendly southern man, he says, and was the sort of person who frequently jumped into other people's conversations.

He also says it was common for Harris to talk about things he'd discovered in web searches. He often looked up facts on the Internet as things arose in conversation, Brown says.

He says Harris became less motivated as time went on.

"There was a time when I used to just ask constantly about certain tasks: is it done, where are we with it?" But he decided that wasn't working and that it would be more effective to ask Harris for progress reports during the daily 9 a.m. team call.

Rodriguez asks whether Harris would duck the 9 a.m. calls. Brown says yes.

So JRH was capable of getting stuff done, and if he didn't it's because he just didn't want to do it.

When faced with responsibilities he no longer wanted, he would duck out of it or find a way to escape.

Got it. :)

This defense case is sad IMO

I think their priority is simply creating reasonable doubt for intentional murder.

I think they know their case against the other charges is weak, so they're putting everything toward that first charge of intentional murder.

And that means, imo, he's going to jail.

jmo

So JRH was capable of getting stuff done, and if he didn't it's because he just didn't want to do it.

When faced with responsibilities he no longer wanted, he would duck out of it or find a way to escape.

Got it. :)

Yes....he avoided, but never actually DID anything active other than avoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3