Trial - Ross Harris #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Defense attorney Carlos Rodriguez asks whether Nesbit remembers the last time she babysat for Cooper.

They had gone out for dinner and a movie. When they got home, Leanna and I were in the living room. Ross went back to Cooper's room to check on him.

She says Harris came back into the living room and told the two women to go back to Cooper's room with him.

"When we went back there, Cooper had somehow managed to turn around so his body was resting on the pillows and his head and his arms were resting on the bed. He just looked so cute, Ross just wanted us to see how he was."

Perhaps because though she feels he ruined her life and she's moved on, she knows it was an accident and isn't OK with standing by as the LE and State frog march Ross into prison for life for a crime he didn't commit.

She thinks it was an accident---but she cannot truly KNOW if it was or not.

Prosecutor Jesse Evans takes the cross-examination.

He notes that he and other attorneys met with her at her office, she also had spoken to police and she'd had a phone interview with a defense investigator.

Evans: It sounds like you had a pretty good relationship with Leanna, in that she was even willing to leave you with a key to the house.

Nesbit: Correct.

Evans: It wasn't uncommon that you might be tasked to run by the house ...

Nesbit: It was really just to check the cats, to feed the cats when they were out of town.

Evans: The day this actually happened -- June 18, 2014 -- you did receive a call ... to go over and check the house. ... When you got there, were the police already there?

Yes.

Nesbit says she joined Leanna at the Harrises' home when she returned from police headquarters that night.

She confirms that Leanna wasn't crying.

So many witnesses coming in to tell about what a negligent and deficient parent Ross was - it's now clear that he killed Cooper on purpose. /sarcasm

Why would the defense put up anyone to say that?

Thank you everyone for the updates, I am at work and cannot watch. What is Ross doing while Leanna was testifying?

Defense calls Jason Abdo to the stand. Abdo worked with Harris at Home Depot for about two and a half years.

Abdo says he got to know Harris when both were working at Home Depot. They would often meet in the break room and talk about music they both enjoyed.

He left Home Depot in April 2014 but continued to have daily communications with Harris. He says Ross was asking him to help him and two friends start up a new web development company.

Boring, rubbing her nose in his infidelities. Charming.

Come on! He isn't doing that. He is drawing a parallel between RH's activities that day and Cooper's death, probably to show his negligence and or intent to kill his son. That is what he is supposed to do. You're the one always saying the state hasn't done that...

Thank you everyone for the updates, I am at work and cannot watch. What is Ross doing while Leanna was testifying?

It's my impression that he's doing his best to look like he feels bad, but it's not working.

He was putting his head on his hand, but I caught him peeking out from under his fist to see how the jury was reacting.

Abdo says the group often met digitally (in a Google hangout) to talk about their proposed enterprise. They met almost every day.

He says Harris was head of development of the company the four called Ninth-hour Development. The company had established an LLC (limited liability corporation) and was already trying to round up clients.

After Harris's arrest, Abdo says, the three remaining members met and decided they didn't think they could go forward with the company without Harris.

He recalls that he last spoke with Harris on the day before Cooper died, and also on the "G-chat" (Google chat) on the day of his death.

Am I seeing this correctly - Mr. Boring is questioning LH about the proximity of the car seat and how close it was or might have been, and she's so upset court goes to break?

Could it be that she's just now realizing how impossible it was for JRH to forget Cooper in the car?

I don't think she wants to know her ex intentionally killed Cooper. I believe she is in denial and really can't blame her. The pain of having affairs with many women would be enough to deal with let alone knowing her husband would kill their child. I can't see it not crossing her mind at some point. She I'm sure is familiar with their car and Coopers car seat and maybe have even wondered how he could not see Cooper that morning..

It's my impression that he's doing his best to look like he feels bad, but it's not working.

He was putting his head on his hand, but I caught him peeking out from under his fist to see how the jury was reacting.

I noticed that too. And putting his hand over his face, then spreading a couple of fingers to peek out.

So many witnesses coming in to tell about what a negligent and deficient parent Ross was - it's now clear that he killed Cooper on purpose. /sarcasm

We don't need any witnesses to speak to this. The dead baby on the ground outside Uncle Maggio's was more than enough testimony to RH's negligent, deficient parenting. Not sarcasm.

Abdo says he once asked Ross what it was like to have kids. Abdo said he was only 23 or 24, didn't have a lot of friends who had kids already and wanted to know what it was like.

Abdo said, "We both enjoyed music. He put it in a way I could understand, from a music context. 'As much as you love music, you'll love your kid 100 times more.'"

He says he later recounted that conversation for a Cobb County police detective.

Duffie Dixon 11AliveVerified account ‏@DuffieDixon 4m4 minutes ago
Friend of #RossHarris says he expressed deep love for Cooper and said having children was the best thing he's done

how close was RH with this guy? did he always declare his deep love for Cooper to everyone?

Chuck Boring takes the cross-examination of Jason Abdo.

Boring: If he had this other dark side, if he were doing a lot of things he wasn't supposed to be doing, would that be contrary to the all-American dad and husband he portrayed himself to be?

The defense objects to the phrase "dark side." And Boring responds by delineating Harris's sexual behaviors: meeting with prostitutes, texting images of genitals back and forth with underage girls.

Boring: Would that be completely different than the defendant you knew?

Abdo says he wasn't aware of any of that, and that would be completely counter to the person he knew.

Abdo is excused.

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 42s43 seconds ago
Witness 57, Aundrae Brown, worked with Ross for 3 or 4 years at Home Depot. #RossHarris #HotCarDeath

IMO these witnesses talking about what a good parent RH was or that he loved Cooper so much...they are pointless. Nobody wanders around their office professing that they hate their baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3