Trial - Ross Harris #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg she is frustrating

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I love hearing everyone talk. They all have such nice accents.

Boring talks with Leanna about their financial situation. Leanna says they were not financially ready to purchase a home.

I love hearing everyone talk. They all have such nice accents.

hahaha, so true. I just came off a case in South Carolina where the judge sounded exactly like Fred Gwynne (the Judge) in the movie My Cousin Vinny.

Sooo...

Ross killed Cooper so he could go on vacation alone with his wife ....

AND

Ross killed Cooper so he could divorce his wife ....

Okie dokie, State. Keep up the good work

The defense has had two years to prepare Leanna for her testimony. They know what looked suspicious, they probably read here, so they were adequately prepared to try to "deflect" said testimony with acceptable explanations ie: "I told him to stop taking pictures" or "How much did you say" only came out that way when I meant "why are they charging you, what did you say" since he overtalked often, and "I didn't think we were ready to buy a house." We only have her word that that is what happened. Do I think she would say anything to "save" Ross, yes.

Yeah, I agree. It isn't hard to coach someone on what to say to "systematically" refute the State's case, which is why I don't understand why some think LH is such an important witness. Surely the jury knows she is coached.

LH has EVERY reason to defend RH any way possible because if he gets off, that will basically insure she will never be pursued any further as a suspect.

Boring presses Taylor with questions on the cruise. He asks whether the Harrises would have been looking for a top-of-the-line cruise package.

Taylor smiles and says, if she were the one planning the cruise, that wouldn't happen. But if Ross were the one planning it-- he was -- he would likely to be looking at more expensive options.

Sooo...

Ross killed Cooper so he could go on vacation alone with his wife ....

AND

Ross killed Cooper so he could divorce his wife ....

Okie dokie, State. Keep up the good work

And the daycare teacher helped because Ross brought her Chick Fil A

Why is there so much harping on LT being "coached"? Literally every witness for both sides has been talked to prior to testifying about what their testimony will be.

Because it's being said that she is "explaining away" all of the things that look bad for RH, so they all have reasonable innocent excuses. Of course she is...

Why is there so much harping on LT being "coached"? Literally every witness for both sides has been talked to prior to testifying about what their testimony will be.

I expect every witness to be "coached." It seems like the defense has coached her to suddenly not know anything. I have a problem with THAT. I don't think a witness should be able to "not remember" every single question, when the witness remembered answers to the same information when the defense asked.

eta: to be very clear, I would feel the same if it were a state witness.

Leanna says she didn't know that Harris watched the video about hot cars days before Cooper's death.

____

Leanna says she didn't know that Cooper was too tall for the regulations of the car seat he was in the day he died.

Because Leanna was so effective yesterday, imo, and the State is trying to make her look like she's lying to protect RH.

The DT asked many of the State's witnesses if they had met with the State before testifying, and the last time they had. No difference there. Where the difference lies is Boring hasn't asked once and moved right on, he's asking her repeatedly, and in relation to individual items of evidence. He's clearly trying to suggest she is working with the DT to tailor her testimony.

It's fair game, and up for the jury to decide what impression is being left: Leanna not being straightforward and doing the odd thing of doing everything she can to help Ross, or, an overbearing Boring hectoring a grieving mother who lost her baby about such trivial non sequitors as how many people can fit into a cruise ship cabin.

Now Boring and Taylor are discussing a beach vacation on which they disagreed: Harris wanted an “adult vacation” while Taylor wanted to take their son.

You talked a little about your knowledge of and discussions with the defendant regarding emails and notices about children being left in cars, correct?
Yes, because it was a fear of mine.

Did you guys receive emails about PSAs, things like that?
I don’t remember receiving any emails like that.

Boring then switches to questions about the rear-facing car seat in which Cooper died.

Taylor describes the way her son slept, that sometimes his head would loll downward in the car seat (thus making it more difficult to see his head from the front seat).

Boring: Did you know the defendant on the day of the incident said that you guys switched the car seats at that point because the forward-facing one was more comfortable?

Taylor: I don’t remember that myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member