Trial - Ross Harris #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the jury is as tired as I am in hearing about the planning for this cruise. Good grief. What's the point, ultimately? That he discussed a cruise with a travel agent doesn't prove anything, one way or another.

I dunno, the defense called her. I've been questioning the same to all of the defense witnesses.

Travel agent Heather Coyle reads an email response from Harris, answering most of her questions, that was sent about 6 p.m. June 14. He confirms that he, Leanna and Cooper will be along, as well as his brother and his wife and four kids. They want to limit the trip to five days to cut down on cost and probably are looking at the Bahamas or elsewhere in the Caribbean. She acknowledges that she wrote back on the morning of June 18, the day Cooper died, with various options.

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/minute-minute-the-justin-ross-harris-trial-nov/ofQcgYY6svxtvtev2aOmLO/

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 1m1 minute ago
#RossHarris - Next witness for defense: Michael Simmons. He met Ross in high school. #hotcardeath

Chuck Boring cross-examines Coyle. He asks whether Harris had followed up at all between the time he asked her about the trip at church a month before and that email on June 17.

She says no.

Boring points out that one five-person suite would have cost $3,000.

He asked whether Harris had responded promptly to her emails the day before, and she says yes.

But he didn't respond at all to her email on the morning Cooper died.

___

bbm (bam!)

Ross smiling at this new witness testimony.

In addition they couldn't afford a down payment for a home (3.5% ). Priorities I guess...

For most of us, spending money is always a matter of prioritizing. The Harris's didn't have to put the trip on a credit card. They had $6k in savings, even with routine payments, car and student loan payments, and the cost of Cooper's daycare.

Ross wanted to create lasting memories for Cooper by taking him on the vacations RH didn't have when he was a child. I understand that sentiment and share it, and my DH and I have made that decision, over and over, for the sake of our son, out of love for our son. Good for Ross. IMO he had that priority exactly right.

Next witness: Michael Simmons of Baton Rouge, La. Says he and Harris met in 2000 at a high school Bible study in Tuscaloosa, Ala., where both lived at the time.

Simmons says he and Harris became close friends, often hanging out together. He says he spent nearly every day with Harris that summer. Harris was setting up displays for Coca-Cola, he says; Simmons had just graduated from high school, and Harris and his roommate let him move in for a couple of months.

Harris was a year or two older. He was a groomsman at Ross and Leanna's wedding.

Just last month, in my state a police office got off her night shift, left her child in the car, with the AC on, but only set halfway between hot and cold. Went in to visit her male supervisor at his home and fell asleep. When she woke up 4 hours later, the baby was dead in the car. I keep thinking back to that as reading here because she had her mind on something other than her child that morning. A similiar something to what Ross had his mind on IMO.

Chuck Boring cross-examines Coyle. He asks whether Harris had followed up at all between the time he asked her about the trip at church a month before and that email on June 17.

She says no.

Boring points out that one five-person suite would have cost $3,000.

He asked whether Harris had responded promptly to her emails the day before, and she says yes.

But he didn't respond at all to her email on the morning Cooper died.

___

bbm (bam!)

Bam? He got the pricing and likely needed to run it by the other adults before responding.

Lol, not seeing a bam moment there...

Let me guess ... this witness is going to say Harris was a great father and on cross, he's not going to know anything about Ross' "double life".

*sigh*

It's Ross's fault his sex life is being discussed, not LE's
JMO.
If I were on this jury I would want to hear from Ross.

I'm taking it you don't remember the context. It is one of the most revealing moments of the trial, imo, as Stoddard, all by his lonesome, laid bare his personal animosity and bias towards RH.

Bam? He got the pricing and likely needed to run it by the other adults before responding.

Lol, not seeing a bam moment there...

He didn't respond to the email the day Cooper died.

BAM!

Philip A. HollowayVerified account ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 3m3 minutes ago Marietta, GA
#RossHarris calls parade of church friends who testify that he loved his son, confided some sins in #HotCarDeathTrial #HotCarDeath

Yes and is the down payment must people in their age range use, unless they qualify for USDA which is zero down payment.

As a recent home buyer in their age range, I'll agree to disagree.

Simmons says he met Cooper for the first time in May 2014.

Simmons says he wishes he'd known what Harris was going through because he would have helped him out.

*yawn*

They couldn't do that because no one but witness Anthony P saw RH getting Cooper out of the car. And that would be messing with the body and a huge no no. JMHO

I believe at court on the big TV I saw a pic of the car door open as if you were about to get in and I saw the top of the car seat big as day. I dont see how he could have miised Cooper standing or sitting in the car by the looks of it to me. Im just at a loss. I dont want to belive anyone would be so cruel to let a child die so slowly and so horribly.

I missed the 1st week of trial so I speed watched the 1st week or so then I had to go to town several days and missed more. I tried catching up and have many hours of but stting trial watching and I still missed some things, what I have seen IMO there is still no smoking gun that the act was intentional.

Also I am confused as to if intentional is even necessary to get the convictions the state wants. Let's say for argument sake they proved 100% he did not mean to do this, then what ? Would he still be convicted of some of the cruelity charges?? I know he may be busted for the underage texts.

He says he moved to Baton Rouge in 2005, but he and Harris remained friends and visited as often as they could. He says Ross and Leanna were excited when Leanna got pregnant with Cooper. Harris had told him long before that that he hoped to have a son and would name him Cooper.

Simmons met Cooper in May of 2014 on a visit to Tuscaloosa, where a mutual friend was getting married.

Simmons says Harris never told him about any of his extramarital sexual activities and wishes he had. "If that had happened to me, I know he would have been there for me," Simmons says.

He visited the Harrises in June 2014, the month Cooper died. "He was glad to be there. He'd talked about moving to a big city for some time. He talked about moving to Nashville. Then he moved to Atlanta."

Harris told him he and Leanna were looking for a house by then and Harris took him around, showing him areas where they might buy. "The schools were good. It would be a good place for Cooper to grow up," he says Harris told him about his current neighborhood.

He said he had no inkling that Harris was having problems in his marriage or that he and Leanna were growing increasingly estranged.

As a recent home buyer in their age range, I'll agree to disagree.

Im speaking as a real estate broker who has personally sold over 600 homes. Not to mention the sales of my colleagues. I'm licensed in two states and do market research nationally for trends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3