Trial - Ross Harris #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The jurors are out of the Atlanta news market area and would have been admonished not to follow the trial even if they could see Atlanta market news, which they can't.. I think the case itself is 'damage safe' from one reporter's or legal analyst's conjecture. :twocents:

I trust the jury. I know it's not a mental path travelled much here, but what if it WAS an accident? Just suppose. And what the public has been reading about - for the first time - is weeks worth of trial that at least opens up the possibility they got it wrong.

Only to have, this, days before closing , to have whatever this unverified thing being brought up as the"smoking gun." Ugh

The prosecution is playing the first recording of when Stockinger first approaches Leanna.

“Your child is deceased, I’m very sorry to have to tell you that,” Stockinger said to her.

“Where’s my husband,” Leanna immediately asked.

She told the detective that she talked to Harris at 4 p.m. and that he was going to the movies with some friends.

Leanna’s voice is quiet but steady and calm. Harris was supposed to drop Cooper off at daycare and she was supposed to pick him up.

This is so sad and I feel terrible that people will have the nerve to judge Leanna for her emotion.

You can clearly hear the quivering of her voice.

Wait, what? She doesn't have a reaction because she doesn't know what her reaction will be!

Wait, what? She doesn't have a reaction because she doesn't know what her reaction will be!

I heard the same thing and was like WTF, kinda like Ross saying, I dreaded what he would look like.

This is so sad and I feel terrible that people will have the nerve to judge Leanna for her emotion.

You can clearly hear the quivering of her voice.

only when she's on the phone with her mother, who was screaming hysterically over the phone.

What is this recording a rebuttal for? I'm a little confused about that.

IMO they'd been having marriage trouble. He researched "divorce checklist "
Then she's told Cooper is dead while Ross was caring for him. She must have considered Ross did this to get out of the marriage and hurt her deeply. To make one of her biggest fears come true. Surely if that happened he could be free of her and "drink and f girls"

"One of our biggest fears always has been"

"We talk about it a lot"

She says our first then she says mine - meaning her biggest fear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leanna said Harris had never done anything like that before.

“Cooper is not with us anymore,” Leanna said to her mother who called during the interview. “Ross forgot to drop him off at daycare and he was left in the car all day.”

You can hear Leanna’s mother become hysterical on the phone.

“I’m not processing this right now,” Leanna said. “I don’t have a reaction because I don’t know what my reaction will be but I need you to just go somewhere and be safe."

Leanna's mother was apparently driving somewhere when she got the news.

“I don’t know what to do. This does not feel like this is happening,” Leanna said. “This can’t be happening. … I need for this day to not have happened.”

Has this ever happened before when he's been out and about?

No. We talk about it a lot. It's been one of my biggest fears. Always.

(Wow.)

Leanna asked again if they were going to let her see Harris. Yes, Stockinger said, but they had to go to the couple’s condo first.

I know you’re still in shock are you with me in all of this right now?” Stockinger said. Her response is inaudible. She asked to go [to the bathroon].

“We talk about it a lot. It’s always been a big fear of mine, always,” Leanna said. “You hear about it on the news.”

How was Harris with Cooper, the detective asked her. “He’s a wonderful father,” Leanna said, starting to cry. She repeatedly says she doesn’t know how they’re going to make it through this.

“Ross is never going to forgive himself,” she said. “This is something I just really hope I wake up and it’s a bad dream.”

She and Harris never argued over Cooper, Leanna said.

on the recording:

Stockinger said they had to go to the couple’s house before going to the police station. There may be a search warrant, he explained, to see the living conditions of the child. It’s normal in this type of situation, he said.

This officer seems to be very honest about her demeanor when he explains it on the phone. (Is he on the phone with Stoddard?) He said she could still be in shock, but hasn't shed a tear. He then says it's not as she doesn't care. I would say that's a fair representation and not hyperbolic.

He seems to be pretty sympathetic towards her. I don't see him being cold hearted or rude in any way.

on the recording:

You can hear Stockinger then having a discussion with a colleague over the phone.

I don’t know if it’s sunk in for her yet, Stockinger said of Leanna’s reactions during the interview.

“Her mom was just blowing up hysterical on the phone,” he said. “(Leanna) hasn’t shed a tear yet. She’s not showing any signs of I don’t give an (expletive).”

He seems to be pretty sympathetic towards her. I don't see him being cold hearted or rude in any way.

she also claimed they were rude to her at the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat