Trial - Ross Harris #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This ^^^100%.I'm shocked that the DT finished with a whimper, not a bang, but given the confusion of their last witness about the points brought up in cross, I can see an expert like Diamond wanting to bail on this case. Don't think he got all the info when asked to testify. The lifestyle of RH pre/during the agonizing death of his "little buddy/jJoker" doesn't exactly jive with the stories of the FBS advocates. MOO.

clearly Dr. Diamond was working on this case and going to testify and something stopped him...sure could be that until this got to this point in the case and he saw Brewer and Boring going at it he thought he had all the information but could clearly see he did not...not worth it to him. Must have been very interesting interaction between he and Kilgore. I am pretty surprised that Kilgore who clearly is looking to build his high profile resume in this case would treat an expert like this. So unprofessional. Frankly Kilgore has spent most of his time in court complaining and objections...crying fowl about everything and he sort of started looking desperate. Back in the hearings I was impressed with him and surprised RH had such good representation...but my opinion has sure changed. His whispering courtroom demeanor just did not impress me.

Saying it was their biggest fear was a grave mistake on their part. Their story would be substantially more believable if they were completely dense on the subject matter, but it seems they "talked about it all the time" (really?), they were aware of all the latest research and news on it, amateur experts, if you will, and then one of them forgets him in the car. It was so much on Ross's mind that he even watched a video on dogs in hot cars--and makes the leap to thinking about his child in that car (he's got a dog and instead of imagining his dog in the car, he imagines his son?), broadcasts a meme of how he hates being married with kids, and even though he loves his son, he needs an escape----and his son dies in a hot car just a mere five days after posting on you tube about his son being in a hot car. Wait! I thought it one of his greatest fears and incontrovertibly was on his mine in the previous few days---wouldn't he of all people be more aware? One doesn't need strong inferential skills for this one...

WOW - That is a huge point I had not noticed before. LH stated they had 3 pets, 2 cats and a dog (iirc) so yes - why would he not say, "I would hate it if that was my dog?" I have 2 children and 3 dogs and I never would make that leap. If I saw a video about a dog in a hot car, I would think of my DOGS not my children. After all - the video was made by a vet not a pediatrician!

Someone needs to send this to the State for their closing :) :) :)

You remembered 3o minutes later when triggered. You did not have a 'false memory' that you had put him up in the bedroom or in his crate to sleep. You instantly remembered you had left him outside. Very different story from what the DT is trying to sell here, imo.

Not trying to equate dog stuff with what happened in this case, this just reminds me of memory lapses in my everyday life.

i have 3 dogs and I work from home. Occasionally if I'm engrossed in a project I won't remember if I've fed them dinner. They will come and bother me and I will generally give them the benefit of the doubt. They use this to their advantage which is probably why they are all a bit chubby. ;)

The weird thing is when I haven't fed them sometimes I have a crystal clear memory of feeding them dinner that day. Only after thinking about it for a while- more than a few minutes- I realize it's a memory of feeding them
dinner yesterday. It's such a routine thing that the memory of one day's feeding seems like the next and it's surprising when I finally realize what I have or haven't done.

I am admittedly pleased with the trial resulting in a day like today. I am confident that this group of carefully selected GA citizens possess common sense as a jury that will bring Justice For Cooper.

Please, if you have anything to do with it, simple request: I do not want to drown nor die in a fire. On June 18, 2014, 22 month old Cooper died in an inferno not of his own choosing. May He Rest In Peace knowing he had many supporters here, in livestream chats, and on other social media standing in the gap.

And tlcya only had to vacuum crumbs a couple of times. I am proud of each and every one of you for being here and sharing in this most unusual trial experience. I shall never forget the past weeks we've spent dedicated to honor Cooper.

Rest In Peace, Cooper. :rose:

I'm catching up on the trial, listening to LE and Leanna conversation and I really feel bad for Leanna's mom when she got hysterical after finding out her grandson is gone, bless her heart. :( I can only image how she felt.

Was Dr Diamond the expert referred to that had 50 slides to show? Because if so, then he dropped out literally a day before he was scheduled to testify?

I'm catching up on the trial, listening to LE and Leanna conversation and I really feel bad for Leanna's mom when she got hysterical after finding out her grandson is gone, bless her heart. :( I can only image how she felt.

That part hit me hard. My first and only grand baby so far is a beautiful 18 month old baby girl. :baby:I cannot even imagine getting a call like that from my son or DIL saying she was gone. Can't even think about it....

I would never adopt the shoe memory trigger. Taking my boots off while inside of the vehicle to toss in the backseat? Heck, yeah. I'd forget about doing that. Then, reaching into the backseat so I could grab my boot and put it back on so I could exit the vehicle into four inches of snow on the ground. No, thank you.

The one thing that all drivers who own vehicles have in common is that we lock our vehicles. Make the habit to check for baby when clicking the remote to lock the doors. Cooper was locked inside of his father's vehicle with dark tinted windows. If JRH had created the habit of every time that he locked his doors to check for sweet little baby then, problem solved for anywhere and everywhere he wanted to go knowing his son's safety was secured by checking each time he locked his doors.

Assuming it was an accident.....

The recording of LH saying it was her biggest fear and they talked about it often is a game changer for me... When Ross said it was his biggest fear I thought he was just talking crap... But LH saying it too? And saying they talked about it often? Plus she sent him that email about a car death and said "Don't be this father". Plus the "I would hate it if that was my son" comment.

The only way I can see this making sense, apart from malice murder, is if RH had left Cooper in the car before, either accidentally or intentionally. That also explains the photos RH was taking of Cooper arriving at daycare and why LH immediately thought RH must have left Cooper in the car when he wasn't at daycare.
BBM That's exactly what I said, maybe a couple of weeks ago? I think he had a habit of doing just that, leave him in car to go in and pay for gas--too much trouble to unbuckle and re-buckle little buddy for just a quick trip in and out. And while she tells him it's too dangerous, Ross the know it al disagrees. So she tells him ok, send me a pic every day that he got to daycare. And then once they got the bigger, front facing seat, Ross tells her he can now be trusted not to forget him. Just like him convincing her to let him do the finances to prove he can be trusted with that responsibility (:laughing:). AND this would also explain, somewhat, her comment he would be turning two in a couple of months, as in then he could be in the big seat facing forward all the time and maybe Ross wouldn't have forgotten him.
I agree, this is thin. :thinking: :moo:

Was Dr Diamond the expert referred to that had 50 slides to show? Because if so, then he dropped out literally a day before he was scheduled to testify?

I highly doubt it could have been anyone else. That's a BIG presentation

See, I'm the opposite. When something bad happens that shocks me, I just shut down. And I do that even when I'm in danger. It's horrible. Fight or flight? I freeze. Completely. I go into autopilot and maybe take charge if I'm in a position where I need to be in charge. I'm also really good at denial during the shock. If I'm ever being chased by a bear, I'll be eaten immediately, lol. I'm in nursing school and had something happen to a patient during clinicals once, and my instructor took me aside and said she was worried because it seemed like I didn't care. I did. I cared a LOT. and was freaking out on the inside. But the professional part of me took over and I came across as very cold. I do find some things about LH's reaction troubling, but that's not one of them.

BBM I, too, am just like you. I like the analogy of being chased by a bear. I doubt if I would even run, probably stand there in silence and just get eaten unless the bear was so shocked by my reaction he bolted!
She is also in the medical profession, dietitian right? and works with dialysis patients? so she's going to have a professional part of her that holds it together and falls apart later.
However, I come back to the thing that bothers all of us the most: it's HER BABY! you know, not a bear, so why and how, is she so detached? seems like shock would only go so far?

We don't know who it was, but the witness with the 50 slides dropped out during the lunch break. Shortly before lunch on Wednesday, which was the day the jurors were excused just before the midday break, MK told the court that he would have a full day of witnesses on both Thursday and Friday. I think that it is important to point out at that the jurors were dismissed immediately before lunch. On the following day, Dr. Brewer testified in the morning. After he was finished, MK stated that he would need some time to get the electronic equipment ready. The court recessed for lunch. Before bringing the jurors back in after lunch, MK told the court that he was out-of-witnesses for the day and that the DT would be resting its case after calling one more witness this morning.

There was a game changing event that occurred yesterday. If it did not actually happen during the lunch break, lunch was the first time that the DT was able to discuss it. It just seems as if they threw in the towel, and I am scratching my head. My husband seems to think that Ross confessed during lunch, but I think that he is pushing my buttons. :doh: I believe that the FBI files were turned over to the DT yesterday so that is a plausible explanation.

We don't know who it was, but the witness with the 50 slides dropped out during the lunch break. Shortly before lunch on Wednesday, which was the day the jurors were excused just before the midday break, MK told the court that he would have a full day of witnesses on both Thursday and Friday. I think that it is important to point out at that the jurors were dismissed immediately before lunch. On the following day, Dr. Brewer testified in the morning. After he was finished, MK stated that he would need some time to get the electronic equipment ready. The court recessed for lunch. Before bringing the jurors back in after lunch, MK told the court that he was out-of-witnesses for the day and that the DT would be resting its case after calling one more witness this morning.

There was a game changing event that occurred yesterday. If it did not actually happen during the lunch break, lunch was the first time that the DT was able to discuss it. It just seems as if they threw in the towel. I am scratching my head.

Ding ding ding you're right he did say he needed to set up the equipment...geez could it have really happened then?

Had to have been because of that FBI file?

IS that the file DT argued and claimed STATE not disclosing their informations..and Judge said that STATE had to turn it over by end of the week?? I think so..and just maybe when turned over..the content of that file told DT..Their venue to blame game was misgiven..and by bring Dr. D to the stand may have exploded whatever was under wraps in that file!!

I never thought of that..BUT it comes to mind DT's demeanour completely changed back on Wednesday..( was that they day they got that file???) Is that the day Dr. D. had to decline to testify?? It's obvious DT unravelled after Wednesday..and depression of ALL including Ross was observable ( tho noted..no one knew why)...

It may very well be what ever that was in that File Interview report???? Doubt we'll ever know what is within it!! But it sure does explain the complete collapse of the DT..and Judges confidence in her rulings..Just maybe she KNOWS something the public doesn't!! But if appealed..The Appellate Court would be privy to that same info!!

There was a game changing event that occurred yesterday. If it did not actually happen during the lunch break, lunch was the first time that the DT was able to discuss it. It just seems as if they threw in the towel. I am scratching my head.

That must be why RH looked white as a sheet and clammy...we all were noticing it.

There was a game changing event that occurred yesterday. If it did not actually happen during the lunch break, lunch was the first time that the DT was able to discuss it. It just seems as if they threw in the towel, and I am scratching my head. My husband seems to think that Ross confessed, but I think that he is pushing my buttons. :doh:

yes it did seem as if they "threw in the towel" Kilgore was really angry at everyone...we will probably never know the truth of what happened. DT seems to be imploding.

Had to have been because of that FBI file?

Something occurred to me. In the defense cross of Stoddard, Kilgore asked about the binder.. I believe Stoddard said it was a binder full of articles and there were some by Dr. Diamond.

yes it did seem as if they "threw in the towel" Kilgore was really angry at everyone...we will probably never know the truth of what happened. DT seems to be imploding.

Lol he was pretty pissed off....didn't he say according to Ross we rest. Like he was mad Ross wouldn't get on the stand?

But Diamond KNEW from the beginning that Ross's case was different from others that he typically took on. Ross couldn't have been made sympathetic to the jury by him or anyone else, imo, if for no other reason (and there are many) than his sexual exchanges with a 14 year old.

Diamond had to have known of that as well, again, from the very beginning.

Maybe he wasn't made aware of the extent of the JH "issues" just like Brewer appeared not to? Seems incredulous but not so much now.

Ps Hope4More.. I truly appreciated your dedication to the JA trial so I am saddened that we are on opposite sides in this trial. Nothing personal. I am so impressed by your passion for justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734