Trial Thread 4/20/2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well then I hope he tells them not to consider TLM's "character flaws" either when considering her testimony?

His character is the reason why he was able to manipulate her. Which she testifed to. WTH is this judge thinking?

MOO

bbm

THANK YOU

Well then I hope he tells them not to consider TLM's "character flaws" either when considering her testimony?

His character is the reason why he was able to manipulate her. Which she testifed to. WTH is this judge thinking?

MOO

Amen! This is disgusting!

MOO

His character is the reason he raped and murdered an innocent child.

JMO

RaffertyLFP: Jury might think he is a philandering cad, but that is not relevant, Heeney said. [via Twitter]

I really don't like this judge. It's not up to him to decide what the jury thinks, imo!!

UGH!!

It is his responsibility to let the jury know what they can and cannot use as evidence to convict or acquit. The fact that he was dating numerous women, at the same time is not relevant to the case, this no doubt was the legal issue that the defense wanted clarified for the jurors.

Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
Upon return from recess, Justice Heeney instructs jury that #Rafferty's character shouldn't be a prime consideration in their judgment #sl

Avery Moore ‏ @AveryFreeFMNews
Crown calls Elysia Haid. Says she met #Rafferty on Plenty of Fish. He texted her in the morning and evening on April 8th, 2009.

BBM

This tweet makes more sense. It can't be the prime consideration but should be considered with all the other evidence. I hope that's what he really said.

MOO

PLEASE tell me Christie Blatchford is there today.

PLEASE.

I think the Defense raised that issue. And i do agree. One cannot convict somebody based on their philandering. Surprised the Defense didn't want the instruction given earlier to the Jurors.

His character is the reason he raped and murdered an innocent child.
JMO

bbm

Do I have your permission Wondergirl to use your words on a picket sign???

I am soooooo upset with the judges ruling

The jury is returning.

RaffertyLFP: Jury returning to court, Haid back on stand.

RaffertyLFP: Haid looking at calendar again says she had sex with Rafferty on the ninth, not 10th.

I dont think tweets are verbatim

Gowdey asks how she knows it was the 9th. She says she wouldn't have been at school on the 10th.

She said the calendar shown in the courtroom helps because she's a visual learner.

RaffertyLFP: Haid looking at calendar again says she had sex with Rafferty on the ninth, not 10th

I think the Defense raised that issue. And i do agree. One cannot convict somebody based on their philandering. Surprised the Defense didn't want the instruction given earlier to the Jurors.

This was damning evidence that's why and the court room reacted with gasps when she gave testimony (according to a tweet). I guess the defense didn't like that.

This Judge needs a reality check. Telling the jury the other day during testimony that it was sleep inducing and now this??? WTF?

I just don't get it.

Does a Judge warn a jury, when a person stands accused of sexual assault, and his lawyer brings witnesses forth to show his good, moral character?

Does the Judge warn the jury not consider the good, moral character?

RaffertyLFP: Jury returning to court.

Court has resumed. The jury is coming back into the courtroom.

RaffertyLFP: Justice Thomas Heeney telling jury that long line of girlfriends has nothing to do with trial

You mean all those POF girls that were witnesses were a waste of time? Could that be what all those legal arguments were all about and Derstine finally got his way? The jury will have a hard time forgetting all those days of testimony. Before deliberation, they'll need a spreadsheet of what they're supposed to forget and what they may remember.

She says she missed school because she didn't go, she went to Woodstock.

She decided to head home early on the 9th. Derstine asks about police interview again.

She was with Rafferty between 10 in the morning and 3 in the afternoon on the 9th.

RaffertyLFP: Statement to police was either April 9 or 10th was at Rafferty's place in early afternoon

The jury is returning.

RaffertyLFP: Jury returning to court, Haid back on stand.

RaffertyLFP: Haid looking at calendar again says she had sex with Rafferty on the ninth, not 10th.

What is the relevance to the sex act?

I'm just getting caught up. Wow just Wow. Handed over her money? I wonder how well taken care of her children were sigh.....Seems Rafferty's needs were met. The Crown is doing a nice job presenting exactly who Rafferty is.

Do you suppose he also bought viagara with some of the money ? How else would he be able to keep all those women happy....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member