Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been entered as an exhibit.

Scoyne also searched Rafferty's home, be tells the court.

With the amount of time it will take to go through the search of the Tenneyson residence of Rafferty, Crown suggests court adjourns.

Carnegie says they won't have time to get through those photos, so we'll end for the day. Resuming with Scoyne on the stand.

Court adjourned for the day

You know it seems like we're getting through the evidence rather quickly but if the court continues to only be in session for 6 hours per day, with two 20 minute breaks and an hour and a half lunch, 3-4 days a week, this trial is going to take forever.

Well at least the jurors are making more than minimum wage for their time. :)

MOO

Nice. Police officers going through likely biohazardous garbage for weeks while the defendent said and did nothing to help bring a resolution to this case. :maddening:

MOO

As well as taking how many officers away from their own families while you-know-who was "zippping around town" and buying percocets.

RaffertyLFP:
Court adjourned for the day. [via Twitter]

RaffertyLFP:
With the amount of time it will take to go through the search of the Tenneyson residence of Rafferty, Crown suggests court adjourns. [via Twitter]

RaffertyLFP:
Back to the track listings of the iPod found in McClintic's bedroom; now clarification of the unnamed tracks -- lots of rap music. [via Twitter]

Sounds like tomorrow is going to be an interesting day at court! Maybe we'll get more evidence tomorrow to support the Crown's position. :moo:

Gotcha, ok. But still, the one on the cigarette package does not look at all like TLM's handwriting, don't you agree?

After looking at her letters and journals I'd have to agree that there is very little chance that the cigarette package phone number was written by TLM either.

MOO

Derstine asks for satellite view of scene... Questions about elevation of the rock pile.

Stirling agrees with Derstine about the elevation. Asks about moving between the fence and rock pile, if it is up hill.

It is up hill, but not steep, Stirling says.

RaffertyLFP: Derstine and Stirling disagreeing how steep the walk would be from the stone pile east to a tree line.

RaffertyLFP: Stirling says it would not be a steep grade.

<modsnip> I'm about 8 pages behind, so forgive me if this has already been asked.

Wasn't Derstine at the crime scene when the jury was there? Why is he asking questions to which he knows the answer?

Just pondering on the name B..d that was crossed out on the cigarette pack, one of the co-accused with TM and JG in the drug and stolen property case is a Brandon A.

<modsnip> I'm about 8 pages behind, so forgive me if this has already been asked.

Wasn't Derstine at the crime scene when the jury was there? Why is he asking questions to which he knows the answer?

He appears to be trying to suggest that TLM could have seen the silos from an area to the east of but close to the rock pile that had an upward incline? An area that the jury was not instructed to check out?

MOO

I'm really confused about the Crown strategy here.

Why put a witness on the stand who basically says the search revealed nothing?

The only one who gained anything from the testimony was Derstine, who disagreed with Det. Scoyne the other day about the elevation, and this witness confirmed that Derstine was correct.

Am I missing something?

Well what I got out of it is how massive and inclusive the search for Tori was. That it was Canada's largest search that involved thousands of people all with one goal. While this was going on MR did NOTHING even though he is supposed to be the innocent dupe along for the ride. He did NOTHING even though he told people he was going to help search for "that missing girl".
During this massive search MR removed the back seat of his car as well as tried to get rid of it and his Blackberry. That's what I got out of this testimony and I hope the jury did too.

After looking at her letters and journals I'd have to agree that there is very little chance that the cigarette package phone number was written by TLM either.

MOO

In case anyone missed my post above about the writing on the CD liner and cigarette package flap, TM wrote on the CD liner and CM wrote on the cig flap, HTH.

Steven D'Souza&#8207;@cbcsteve

Unlike yesterday, Michael #Rafferty is paying close attention to the maps shown today. Often leaning in to get closer look #sl

It would be interesting to know which maps and which location he is zeroing in on!!!!!!

Just pondering on the name B..d that was crossed out on the cigarette pack, one of the co-accused with TM and JG in the drug and stolen property case is a Brandon A.

Good catch SB. Some people when they make a spelling error they tend to scribble it out. CM may have been trying to spell Brandon. :moo: Interesting.

Thanks to everyone who posted the tweets today.

Wow, what a big search for Tori. <3

I hope JW takes the stand. I'd love to hear what she had to say, as well as what was in those bags. My first thought was that he was planning to leave town, perhaps. Looking forward to the evidence they found in his house. I hope there's something more concrete, not because I think he looks innocent, but obviously there are those willing to give him the benefit of the doubt beyond what I'd personally consider reasonable. So for them, I hope there's something more concrete.

ty for keeping us up to date :)

Anyone find it strange that TLM kept anything connected to Tori. and appearently just laying about not even hidden? such as the phone numbers ect, the journals also, i dont wrap my head around it.. Vindictive Setup ??

I hope JW takes the stand. I'd love to hear what she had to say, as well as what was in those bags. My first thought was that he was planning to leave town, perhaps. Looking forward to the evidence they found in his house. I hope there's something more concrete, not because I think he looks innocent, but obviously there are those willing to give him the benefit of the doubt beyond what I'd personally consider reasonable. So for them, I hope there's something more concrete.

I've been wondering about this as well because in the beginning media reported that he was aided by his girlfriend in trying to leave the area. I naturally assumed their meant TLM, but TLM was in jail.

In case anyone missed my post above about the writing on the CD liner and cigarette package flap, TM wrote on the CD liner and CM wrote on the cig flap, HTH.

How do we know that CM wrote on the cig flap swedie?

TIA

Possibly blonde highlights that came out of a box of blonde hair dye? Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

I wonder if the receipt they found at his house will show two boxes of hair dye purchased at the same time? :waitasec:

MOO

MUG SHOTS:

ArrestPhotos.jpg

http://www.am980.ca/channels/news/local/Story.aspx?ID=1681635

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics