Trial Thread 7 May 2012 - Closing Arguments, Defense then the Crown

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again she said she killed her, but she is a liar right? You believe that but none of her other statements?? <modsnip>

Just in case you didnt know they could not tell who killed her. So what liar are you going to believe??

Actually, I do believe there is circumstantial evidence that shows TLM did swing the hammer.

The pathologist said the claw end of the hammer was used several times.

That indicates TLM swung the hammer..........as MR knew the proper way to swing a hammer.

TLM only confessed to the murder because she didn't know if LE had recovered the hammer with her fingerprints all over it. She thought by confessing she could avoid testifying at MR's trial.

I can believe that is why she changed her testimony on who killed TS, or believe she had an overwhelming urge to confess after 3 years.

JMO........

RaffertyLFP Destrine said he will not go through all the phone records and other circumstantial evidence but asks jury to consider what they mean

Derstine telling the jury about McClintic being the "engine" behind the events of April 8th.

Derstine asks jury to "think about me" when evidence is shown in jury room. Says again, only direct evidence comes from McClintic.

RaffertyLFP: Derstine said the Home Depot shows McClinitic buying items and only her word that Rafferty knew

RaffertyLFP: Derstine said the CASS video is conclusive proof that McClintic abducted Tori

RaffertyLFP: Destrine said he will not go through all the phone records and other circumstantial evidence but asks jury to consider what they mean

and into HIS awaiting car MOO

If Derstine convinces the jury to disregard TLM's testimony as unreliable........the Crown doesn't have much else to convict.

JMO.........

I don't agree. there is plenty of evidence available, including his interview which is peppered with lies and CYA'ing, DNA, videos, and phone info that places him in the area, and with his co-accused.

The defense needs the jury to disregard TLM, but the crown doesn't need them to accept her with open arms. He is pretty much SOL.

imo

If Derstine convinces the jury to disregard TLM's testimony as unreliable........the Crown doesn't have much else to convict.

JMO.........

The jury can disregard TLM's testimony that she killed Tori and if they do that who does it leave?

Brings up Home Depot, notes McClintic bought the "murder tools", not Rafferty.

Derstine says those guilty of a crime must have a specific mindset, and then commit the act.

RaffertyLFP: Derstine says someone on trial needs to both have a guilty intent and to do the act to be convicted

Actually, I do believe there is circumstantial evidence that shows TLM did swing the hammer.

The pathologist said the claw end of the hammer was used several times.

That indicates TLM swung the hammer..........as MR knew the proper way to swing a hammer.

TLM only confessed to the murder because she didn't know if LE had recovered the hammer with her fingerprints all over it. She thought by confessing she could avoid testifying at MR's trial.

I can believe that is why she changed her testimony on who killed TS, or believe she had an overwhelming urge to confess after 3 years.

JMO........

NOTHING proves who swung the hammer....... even the experts said so. <modsnip>. Women know how to swing hammers too.

yes and that is all evidence.....defense said crown only presented one piece of somewhat evidence in TLM...that is not true MOO

I hope the Crown is taking notes....They can close down Derstine's closing argument in the first minute of their closing argument.

Linda Nguyen &#8207; @LindaNguyenPN
He says he will now repeat who he thinks the "engine" is in this abduction and killing: Terri-Lynne McClintic

4m Linda Nguyen &#8207; @LindaNguyenPN
Derstine will now continue with his summation following the morning break

Steven D'Souza &#8207; @cbcsteve
Court back from recess: Derstine says objective evidence points to McClintic. Says court only has her word on what happened

RaffertyLFP Destrine said he will not go through all the phone records and other circumstantial evidence but asks jury to consider what they mean

No kidding he won't. You can bet that if they were helpful to MR in the least that Derstine would be going through them like a mother with a fine-tooth comb on a lice filled kid's head.

Hmm, not my finest analogy, but you get my point. He's not going to go over them because they help the crown not the defense.

Steven D'Souza &#8207; @cbcsteve
Derstine on Home Depot video. Says objectively shows McClintic buying murder weapon. Only her word says #Rafferty knew what she did

Derstine suggests driving someone to a crime does not make a person guilty if they knew nothing of the crime.

RaffertyLFP: Derstine tells jury that an accomplice in a crime must have "signed up" for a specific crime - not responsible for different crime

Brings up Home Depot, notes McClintic bought the "murder tools", not Rafferty.

Derstine says those guilty of a crime must have a specific mindset, and then commit the act.

RaffertyLFP: Derstine says someone on trial needs to both have a guilty intent and to do the act to be convicted

And Rafferty opened the trunk for her--why? The items were small enough to keep in the car. And why didn't he go in with her? He is just an innocent Dupe, right? Seems he knew how to dupe a lot of people including TLM. Didn't TLM call him T'z man on her cell phone. Well it seems TLM would do anything for her "man". MOO

If Necro is mentioned I am going to drink.

Linda Nguyen &#8207; @LindaNguyenPN
McClintic was the one who kidnapped #toristafford and bought the "murder tools" used to kill the little girl, he says

M980_Court Derstine suggests driving someone to a crime does not make a person guilty if they knew nothing of the crime.

JMO.........
They have Tori's blood in his car, a missing backseat which has evidence it was cut, video of Tori and TLM getting into his car in the parking lot, and have MR with Tori while she was kidnapped and his cell phone pings in the area she was killed. That is enough evidence for me to convict. He may not have raped her, he may not have dealt the final blows but he was with Tori while she was kidnapped and murdered and did nothing to stop it. He helped cover it up and acted like he had no knowledge of anything after wards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse