Trial Thread - 9 May 2012 Judge to give Jury Instructions

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rafferty was looking for a specific style of Puma shoes, so he could show them to police if they asked about them. He gave his to McClintic.

Getting a new blackberry also got rid of evidence, Gowdey says.

RaffertyLFP: Gowdey said Rafferty went to London to get rid of his old Blackberry and went to Corey auto wreckers, looking for replacement car seat

LindaNguyenPN After police intvued #Rafferty on May 15, he called TLM at Genest Detention Centre. She says that's when he told her they had to lay low

Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
As Crown talks about Rafferty buying shoes after Tori's murder, he mouths some words in disagreement. Wish I could read lips

@AM980_Court Rafferty was looking for a specific style of Puma shoes, so he could show them to police if they asked about them. He gave his to McClintic.

The crown notes Rafferty went to an auto wreckers. They say he wanted a new backseat for his Honda Civic,

RaffertyLFP: Gowdey said Rafferty was panicking after police visit wanted to switch Blackberry, shoes, replacement back seat and looked for rental car

He suggested there were a lot of police out on the lint weekend to a girlfriend. Wanted to rent a car so he wouldn't get pulled over.

Gowdey says he was worried about police seeing the car Tori Stafford was sexually assaulted in.

RaffertyLFP: Gowdey moves to Rafferty's Blackberry records - was incessantly calling, texting messaging 142 times a day on average

AM980_Court Rafferty was looking for a specific style of Puma shoes, so he could show them to police if they asked about them. He gave his to McClintic.

..finding the same puma shoes was important ...see above tweet to explain why...IMO

AshtonPatis ‏ @AshtonPatis
#Rafferty is seemingly angry today. Mouths a lot of words in disagreement to the Crown's final arguments and shakes his head.

Here lies the problem, premeditated would be first degree, after the fact I am not so sure.
Our law states "while committing or attempting to commit kidnapping and forcible confinement". So I don't see how it needs to be pre-meditated. IMO. Once he was aware he was in on this kidnapping-and he had to have at one point- he was helping to commit it. Any innocent dupe would have picked up their Blackberry (we know he knew how to do this) and called the police, or driven the child to a police station or safe spot. When he made the decision not to do this he was helping with the kidnapping. Driving Down a deserted lane-way is not a safe spot. His actions caused this childs death. Maybe not directly but he was in on it. Who knows when he was in on it but he was at one point....

AM980_Court Rafferty was looking for a specific style of Puma shoes, so he could show them to police if they asked about them. He gave his to McClintic.

...tweet befor also mentoned M.R getting a new blackberry phone...!

I heard an interview this morning of Rodney speaking yesterday, after he left the courthouse.

His voice was filled with anxiety, IMO, and he said he couldn't take it anymore, that he felt like he was going to burst, that he needed to say something (but couldn't).

Poor guy. My heart just breaks for him and his pain. :(

I will be thankful and waiting patiently, and with a heavy heart, for Rodney to say what he wants to say when the Jury goes out, or whenever he is ready.
do you have that link

Laura Carney ‏ @TheLC_75
Gowdey discusses #Rafferty's search for new Puma shoes, new blackberry and contacting auto wreckers.

Linda Nguyen ‏ @LindaNguyenPN
#Rafferty replaced his BlackBerry, wiped it, tried to rent a car and visited auto wreckers when he thought police were closing in on him

@AM980_Court He suggested there were a lot of police out on the lint weekend to a girlfriend. Wanted to rent a car so he wouldn't get pulled over.

Pulled over for what???? JMO

AM980_Court Gowdey says he was worried about police seeing the car Tori Stafford was sexually assaulted in.

...they also mentioned auto wreckers visit...many tweets coming in at same time...sorry

Avery Moore ‏ @AveryFreeFMNews
Gowdey says even though police were polite and cordial in the May 15 interview #Rafferty decided they were hot on his trail. Covered tracks.

@AM980_Court Gowdey says he was worried about police seeing the car Tori Stafford was sexually assaulted in.

Girlfriends say his constant use of his blackberry was annoying, frequently.

RaffertyLFP: Gowdey moves to Rafferty's Blackberry records - was incessantly calling, texting messaging 142 times a day on average

RaffertyLFP: Gowdey said minutes after 9:04 am drive by Apr 8 he contacted Armstrong, and asked Spitzig for money Posted "Everything Good coming my way"

I hope MR continues to act out in the prisoners box ... the jury will view him as immature and as wanting to jump out of the box and tell it like it is (control) - according to MR.

RaffertyLFP Gowdey moves to Rafferty's Blackberry records - was incessantly calling, texting messaging 142 times a day on average

....tweet also said Gf finding M.R use of blackberry was annoying!

RaffertyLFP Gowdey said minutes after 9:04 am drive by Apr 8 he contacted Armstrong, and asked Spitzig for money Posted "Everything Good coming my way"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse