TRIAL Week One - Ross Harris 3 October 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, he was still at the scene, handcuffed and detained because he had lost his cool, had tried to tell LE he could control himself yet is kept away from his son, alone in that car, with no one communicating to him what is going on, and that continues even after she returns to the car, when she tells him flat out after that one awkward question she's not going to talk with him.

The behavior I find most odd right now frankly is that of LE, not Harris's. How he responded to a female officer is consistent to me with how he seems to have been with Leanne-- cowed.

You and I are definitely seeing this the same way. There is nothing about anything Harris said or did in the video that looks even the slightest bit suspicious to me. I would probably react exactly the same way to some uppity cop telling me to get off the phone when I am out of my mind having just realized his son is dead and it's his fault.

The testimony of the first witness was just bizarre. She came to bizarre conclusions without knowing anything about what was going on. I think the police have really mishandled this case, but I'm open to changing my mind as the trial continues.

I think Kilgore's cross of Detective Stoddard is going to be very interesting.

P.S. I think the defense attorney had done a brilliant job so far, although his voice gets a bit shrill here and there

Witness is crying, describing little Coopers body.

#RossHarris - Witness had a daughter die in an accident the year before. He says that's why he left the scene after emer. personnel arrived.

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 17m17 minutes ago Marietta, GA
"I don't know what the hell he was doing ..but it wasn't right" says witness who did CPR on Cooper #RossHarris #HotCarDeath

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 15m15 minutes ago Marietta, GA
"It was like blowing into a busted bag .. he was gone" CPR attempted by witness in #RossHarris #HotCarDeath trial

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 9m9 minutes ago Marietta, GA
Man who tried CPR on Cooper is in tears describing what he looked like at the time #RossHarris #HotCarDeath trial
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ct84cdgXEAIn0ZH.jpg
:(

Christian Boone ‏@ReporterJCB 11m11 minutes ago
Witness chokes up recalls Cooper's dead body: Eyes "blood red, hands were clenched, straight-up dead" #RossHarris #HotCarDeath

Ross Harris Trial ‏@HarrisTrialFOX5 52s53 seconds ago
3rd person being called to the stand. Anthony Pantano is an eye witness to the moment Coopers body was taken out of the car.

Anthony was with the previous witness James Hawkins.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 29s30 seconds ago
Anthony went to drivers side rear and helped #rossharris lower Cooper to the ground.

We are all watching the same thing and I found him to look bored in the car. And his straining his neck to me appeared to be trying to get comfortable and eventually just leaning his forehead on the seat.

All my opinion. We all see it differently and the wailing he did was so unbelievably fake imo

ETA- current witness describes him as sitting sideways and looking out the back and then staring forward not looking at all. I assume since he was there he knows better than me LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 1m1 minute ago
#Rossharris after doing one breath maybe two got up and walked away. People began to call 911.

#RossHarris was on phone and it appeared he was in a conversation

Levi Page ‏@Levi_Page 36s37 seconds ago
Prosecution making point with last two witnesses that two strangers rendered more aid to Cooper than own father #RossHarris.

Levi Page ‏@Levi_Page 2m2 minutes ago
Prosecution witness Anthony Pantano described #RossHarris as going from calm to screaming, two extremes at scene when he found Cooper dead.

I think the prosecution will have a long night of rethinking how they are approaching this. I personally believe they have the evidence fr felony murder. (I am waiting until the end to decide if there was planning or intent.) So...they have what they need, but it HAS to be presented and prepared for better. It appears to me (IMO) that they went in thinking they have him, they will win. Over confident prosecutors are a great tool for the defense, they are really using it.

Philip A. HollowayVerified account ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 2m2 minutes ago
Witness: #RossHarris was at times screaming, other times staring out the window of police car in #HotCarDeath trial, inconsistent with grief.

SO there WAS a smell coming from Cooper? A dirty diaper smell from outside of the car?

We are all watching the same thing and I found him to look bored in the car. And his straining his neck to me appeared to be trying to get comfortable and eventually just leaning his forehead on the seat.

All my opinion. We all see it differently and the wailing he did was so unbelievably fake imo

I can't say he looks bored, but I truly think he wants to know what is going on, and not because he's grieving his son :(

I can't say he looks bored, but I truly think he wants to know what is going on, and not because he's grieving his son :(

Yea bored might be the wrong word- not sure what word to use LOL. Not frantic - not crying- not upset is what I see. Maybe I was bored watching it LOL

SO there WAS a smell coming from Cooper? A dirty diaper smell from outside of the car?

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 18m18 minutes ago
Anthony asked #RossHarris what was wrong as JRH was unbuckling the child from the car. Doesn't recall smelling anything.

Christian Boone ‏@ReporterJCB 19m19 minutes ago
Witness Anthony Pantano said he did not smell anything in #RossHarris SUV

But the person who did the CPR smelled it.

I think Kilgore's cross of Detective Stoddard is going to be very interesting.

I have said from the beginning that I have been impressed with Kilgore, but he certainly has an uphill battle. He is definitely outlawyering the prosecution for the time being.

I watched Kilgore cross-examine Detective Stoddard during one of the pre-trial hearings (August 16, 2016 iirc), and I cringed for the prosecution. Detective Stoddard looked and acted so put out by each question that was asked of him. It could be a distaster for the prosecution.

IMO the prosecution needs to make this case about Ross's actions and not about their witnesses. They need to do a much better job focusing.

ETA - I may not be the best judge of this because Boring did not appeal to me during the questioning of jurors. He seemed overly chummy with the jurors and was extremely condescending to the DT. He chose to attack tbe people rather than the merits of the case, and it was off putting.

A non sequitur, but I can't remember another judge who is quite as chatty with her jury as is Staley.

But the person who did the CPR smelled it.

Correct.

Ross Harris Trial ‏@HarrisTrialFOX5 38m38 minutes ago
Hawkings cries as he describes Cooper being pale, yellow, and dead in his arms. He says Cooper smelled like a soiled diaper. #RossHarris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member