Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CBC News Alerts Verified account
‏@CBCAlerts

Georgia is declaring a state of emergency effective Wednesday in 13 coastal counties ahead of Hurricane Matthew.

Some people cannot smell as good as others. My dh cannot smell anything that is spoiled in the kitchen when it is obvious to me.

Just saw this nice recap of the jurors:

Harris Trial UPDATE:
Here’s a look at the jurors selected to hear evidence in the Ross Harris case. There are 12 jurors plus four alternates. The alternates won’t know they are alternates until the end of the testimony.
1. Single woman with no kids. Works in customer service and retail. Her father is a former local police chief. She uses social media and watched “People vs. OJ.”
2. Single man with no children. Born and raised in Brunswick. Said he wanted to serve on this jury when asked. Works in an automotive shop not far from the courthouse.
3. Married woman with a two year old daughter. Husband works in construction, she is from a military family. Has an uncle in prison who she visits. Had some knowledge of the case, but said she heard some people say it (Cooper’s death) was an accident, others say it was on purpose.
4. Single woman who has three kids. A nutritionist at a local hospital. Her father is a cop, she likes to watch Criminal Minds. She’s heard about the case, and her initial thought was Harris was guilty but she admits she hasn’t heard the evidence.
5. Married woman with three grandkids. She’s a retired nurse and has served on juries before. Her brother was killed in Washington DC and she attended the trial.
6. Married to a retired longshoreman, a registrar at a local high school. Two older sons and six grandchildren. She served on juries before, and was foreperson before. Not big on social media, her father killed in the line of duty as a police officer when she was 12. She says if she is on the jury she’ll make sure fellow jurors follow the law.
7. Man who is married with two kids. Works in building maintenance, wife is a banker. Watches some crime shows, didn’t know a lot about the case.
8. Man who is married but has no children. Draftsman who looks for a local architect. Wife is a nurse. He texts, uses Facebook, watches MSNBC. Said he figured out he was called for Harris case and said he remembered the case and that it had “looked bad” for Harris.
9. Man who is single. A nurse at a local facility dealing the addiction and mental health. Has had a brother arrested multiple times. Only heard of the Harris case recently.
10. 19 year old single man, a student. Only person in this group who said he had heard nothing about the case. Likes to watch documentaries about serial killers and “Making a Murderer.”
11. Woman who is married with two kids in their 20s. A registered nurse whose husband is friends with the former District Attorney in Glynn County. He works at Federal Law Enforcement Training Facility. Has family in Cobb, but doesn’t visit often. Can be impartial in trial.
12. Married man with three young kids. A mechanical technician and a Navy veteran. Says wife recognized the Judge from news reports but otherwise knew little about the case.
13. Woman who is married with four older children and four grandchildren. Said she knew someone killed in a homicide. Saw the case on the “nightly news” but believes she can judge the case based on the evidence and the law. Says seeing all the news media gathered “heightened the stress” for serving.
14. Married man with a 13 year old daughter. A retired carpenter who uses a voice-box to speak due to undisclosed medical issue. Saw the case in the paper several times and said his wife had an opinion that Harris was guilty. But he told lawyers he could discount her opinion and make up his own mind. “Always have,” he said.
15. Married woman with one child. Takes care of second homes in the area and initially thought the Harris case was a “tragic accident” based on what she’d first heard. No use of social media, likes “Judge Judy” and followed the Casey Anthony trial. Was one of few jurors who thought the case was an accident.
16. Single man with a 23 year old son. He’s a welder who initially responded he had formed an opinion about Harris’ guilt but later said he had not. Served on multiple juries, including a murder trial. He’s been arrested himself for DUI “multiple times” but says “it was my fault, every one of them.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wsbtv....ath-trial/452970908?client=ms-android-verizon

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Witness is crying, describing little Coopers body.

#RossHarris - Witness had a daughter die in an accident the year before. He says that's why he left the scene after emer. personnel arrived.

His testimony was hard to watch as he was crying. What a hero he was to run to the baby and do CPR when he lost a daughter the year before.

JMO, but I think the State could make their point about his demeanor in the car more effectively with a much shorter, edited tape. This is like watching paint dry, and it takes a lot to bore me/make me impatient when it comes to evidence of any kind.

If they edit the DT would be all over that saying they were picking and choosing what to show the jury. It's all legal.

A non sequitur, but I can't remember another judge who is quite as chatty with her jury as is Staley.

I have seen other Judges get chatty with their Jury. Don't think I have seen a Judge talk to a Jury as casually as she does.

Correct.

Ross Harris Trial ‏@HarrisTrialFOX5 38m38 minutes ago
Hawkings cries as he describes Cooper being pale, yellow, and dead in his arms. He says Cooper smelled like a soiled diaper. #RossHarris

When someone passes away they lose do lose their bowel and bladder contents. I sure there had to be some kind of smell in that hot car. Or one would think. Maybe not until they took him out of the carseat. State asked last all witnesses so far about the rear door (officer Piper if it was open when she got there - no and the 2 last witnesses if they closed the rear door. Neither stated they did. Not sure who closed the rear door. JMHO

I have seen other Judges get chatty with their Jury. Don't think I have seen a Judge talk to a Jury as casually as she does.

That casualness is what I was trying to say with "chatty." Like telling the jury she was going to go home and talk to her mother, including about the weather, etc etc, and saying something like, " that's what we do with our mothers."

Maybe it's a southern thing, and as a Yankee, I'm just not familiar with that courtroom style.

Quote Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
JMO, but I think the State could make their point about his demeanor in the car more effectively with a much shorter, edited tape. This is like watching paint dry, and it takes a lot to bore me/make me impatient when it comes to evidence of any kind

If they edit the DT would be all over that saying they were picking and choosing what to show the jury. It's all legal.

Agree and the State wanted the jury to see how RH demeanor was the whole time in patrol car. JMHO

It's a sad day in this country when two total strangers appear to care about Cooper more than his own parents did. Since they've stated publicly that they would not want him back if they had the option, I think this alone speaks volumes.

DA Boring may have his faults, but at least he doesn't display cold and callous behavior embellished with theatrics. His emotions appear 100% genuine compared to the calculating cardboard cutouts sitting silently at the defense table that only care about picking a part the testimony of coincidental bystanders of this case. If there is such thing as a hell, I'm sure JH and Kilgore will be assigned the same lunch table.

But the person who did the CPR smelled it.
But please keep in mind this man was touching mouths with Cooper doing CPR and said Cooper spit up. I guess that counter-balances APantano stating he smelled nothing. If definitely goes against Det Stoddard stating decomposition smell emanating from car.
I look forward to Stoddard testimony as well as co-workers and friends of Ross.....who can help me see a side of Ross/Cooper relationship details.

Yes, this. Or how about asking about his son, are they taking him away, when can he see him again, ect.

Exactly. Even his wife declined the detective's offer to take her to see Cooper and instead she asked to see Ross. IMO both husband and wife are self-centered and emotionally blunted.

When someone passes away they lose do lose their bowel and bladder contents. I sure there had to be some kind of smell in that hot car. Or one would think. Maybe not until they took him out of the carseat. State asked last all witnesses so far about the rear door (officer Piper if it was open when she got there - no and the 2 last witnesses if they closed the rear door. Neither stated they did. Not sure who closed the rear door. JMHO

There was no mention of feces in the autopsy report. IMO

You and I are definitely seeing this the same way. There is nothing about anything Harris said or did in the video that looks even the slightest bit suspicious to me. I would probably react exactly the same way to some uppity cop telling me to get off the phone when I am out of my mind having just realized his son is dead and it's his fault.

The testimony of the first witness was just bizarre. She came to bizarre conclusions without knowing anything about what was going on. I think the police have really mishandled this case, but I'm open to changing my mind as the trial continues.
I agree on Piper (female cop). She was a little out there for me. I think had a man been the first responder JRH would not have been placed in cuffs that day. She said the 2 females felt intimidated so used cuffs. Had I been 1 of the 2 women I would have maybe done same thing. There were a few male officers arriving on scene when handcuffs clinked so consideration given to father probably in shock.
I personally think the judge is giving too much leeway in allowing prosecutions witnesses to express their opinion on how JRH should have acted in several circumstances lending itself to an emotional verdict. Plenty of video will provide JRH's reactions w/o editorial from laymen witnesses.

Yea bored might be the wrong word- not sure what word to use LOL. Not frantic - not crying- not upset is what I see. Maybe I was bored watching it LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL, you are projecting your feelings onto him.. lol I understand!

I agree on Piper (female cop). She was a little out there for me. I think had a man been the first responder JRH would not have been placed in cuffs that day. She said the 2 females felt intimidated so used cuffs. Had I been 1 of the 2 women I would have maybe done same thing. There were a few male officers arriving on scene when handcuffs clinked so consideration given to father probably in shock.
I personally think the judge is giving too much leeway in allowing prosecutions witnesses to express their opinion on how JRH should have acted in several circumstances lending itself to an emotional verdict. Plenty of video will provide JRH's reactions w/o editorial from laymen witnesses.

I believe the prosecution is counting on a verdict based on emotion. I just hope the Jurors can put emotion aside and make a decision based on the evidence or lack of thereof.

Correct.

Ross Harris Trial ‏@HarrisTrialFOX5 38m38 minutes ago
Hawkings cries as he describes Cooper being pale, yellow, and dead in his arms. He says Cooper smelled like a soiled diaper. #RossHarris

It must have been an awful scene for all the law enforcement, medical personnel and crime scene personnel to witness and it would be with you forever. It is tragic and horrific how Cooper was killed. All of your updates and discussion posts are greatly appreciated.

But please keep in mind this man was touching mouths with Cooper doing CPR and said Cooper spit up. I guess that counter-balances APantano stating he smelled nothing. If definitely goes against Det Stoddard stating decomposition smell emanating from car.
I look forward to Stoddard testimony as well as co-workers and friends of Ross.....who can help me see a side of Ross/Cooper relationship details.

Some of these people have smelled death before, some have smelled soiled diapers, some have smelled a child's spit up, especially milk...and some people cannot smell all or any odors. I never could smell a dirty diaper because of having cleaned with bleach when I was younger, it messed up my nose smelling certain things (thanks mom, mom only cleaned with bleach). I would watch the boys actions or mostly kept checking the diaper! So I can 'see' why there are different testimonies on the car odor, the baby smelling. I believe there was an odor. However, I do not believe the baby 'spat up' when dad gave CPR...that was a normal fluid release...and also, I read here yesterday, that dad did not do CPR because he did not know how to. How could dad know the baby 'spat up'?
IMO defense is twisting some words, smells, etc. just like defense lawyers do to help their clients. I need to hear more, but I have a hard time with defendants laughing before and after trial days, and reading the reports on dads behavior when taken into custody sets up my hinky meter on high alert.
IMO guilty of neglect for sure but I need to figure out if it was intentional, an accident and at what point dad remembered...more questions.
These are hard cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members