TRIAL Week One - Ross Harris 3 October 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are discussing photos of the defendants car. The defence is showing that the aircon was on in the car. That's all very well but the aircon wasn't on when Cooper was locked in there all day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to agree with you but I also know how easy it is to have a thought and intent to do something and forget 30 seconds later. Just like when walking into a room and forgetting why you went there. I am going to need more evidence that he willfully ignored Cooper.

Sorry, I don't see how this compares to walking into a room and forgetting why your there.

I have dogs and I am supremely aware at all times when I have a DOG in the car. I know this happens by accident sometimes, but it will never make sense to me that it does. But in this case, there are just too many things that make no sense. I cannot forget the CSI episode where a parent did this intentionally. I have seen that episode more than once, I wonder if he saw it too.

BBM -- Exactly.... It doesn't matter why he forgot or what distracted him. Making the Jury aware of all the lewd details about his sexual activities serves no purpose.

Being distracted and forgetting are not synonymous. Giving half-hearted attention when undivided attention is required is not the same thing as forgetting. The nature of Ross's activies will prove Ross was distracted, not forgetful IMO.

BBM -- Exactly.... It doesn't matter why he forgot or what distracted him. Making the Jury aware of all the lewd details about his sexual activities serves no purpose.

It absolutely does matter! There is more than one charge. One being felony murder and also charges that need intent. The prosecution not only wants to show intent, but proof of the other charges. They have to show the whole picture. WHY he would want to kill Cooper and WHAT he was doing while Cooper was in that car. It's all relevant to the charges presented.

I lost my son and when I got the call, I certainly was numb, but I was not combative, I was broken. In my grief counseling group, it is basically the same reactions. LE sees this all the time and knows when someone is not displaying the common signs of trauma.

I'm sorry for the loss of your son...I can't imagine how I could go on if I lost my son.

I lost my son and when I got the call, I certainly was numb, but I was not combative, I was broken. In my grief counseling group, it is basically the same reactions. LE sees this all the time and knows when someone is not displaying the common signs of trauma.

I am sorry for your loss. I lost my son also after he was hit by a car. The grief is life changing as I am sure you are aware.....this fathers actions just don't add up. I know I should not say that but it is how I feel.

It absolutely does matter! There is more than one charge. One being felony murder and also charges that need intent. The prosecution not only wants to show intent, but proof of the other charges. They have to show the whole picture. WHY he would want to kill Cooper and WHAT he was doing while Cooper was in that car. It's all relevant to the charges presented.

Does sexting make it more likely that someone would intentionally kill his toddler in such a sadistic and horrfc way?

No. It's not relevant.

(I'm simply talking about the malice murder charge, which I think is absurd)

I am not persuaded by the car seat pictures. The car seat wouldn't be visible when looking at the road, nor do I think it is visible in peripheral vision. Does anybody know if his vehicle had back up cams? I do, and, although I am not supposed to rely on them alone, I do a lot of the time.

I really want him to be guilty, if it would mean justice for Cooper. But I am not convinced.

For full disclosure - I have "forgotten" my child in a car. I was staying at a hotel in an unfamiliar area, driving a rental vehicle. The hotel did not have a lot of parking, but what it did have was full. I was trying to find alternate parking or street parking, and was distracted and annoyed because there was not much, streets were all one way, etc. When I finally found parking, I got out, tried to orientate myself, and started walking back toward the hotel. I have three children; my husband had two and I had the baby with me. I got maybe 25 feet when I remembered, and ran back to the car. I do believe it happens to loving and careful parents. I don't think my story would have ended in tragedy, as my husband and I were texting constantly and checking in and I would have been cued in shortly as we were meeting up. We weren't at work, but on a vacation and so our time was devoted to the kids and they were constantly on our mind. But I can see how being distracted can cause this lapse and it is very frightening. Since then, I would put my purse in the back seat, always.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 5m5 minutes ago

#RossHarris - Lunch recess until 1:15.

Sorry, I don't see how this compares to walking into a room and forgetting why your there.

I have dogs and I am supremely aware at all times when I have a DOG in the car. I know this happens by accident sometimes, but it will never make sense to me that it does. But in this case, there are just too many things that make no sense. I cannot forget the CSI episode where a parent did this intentionally. I have seen that episode more than once, I wonder if he saw it too.

I agree. Such a line of reasoning assumes that a child is the same as say... a podium or something.

I couldn't believe defense was all... "you didn't notice the podium when you walked in." As if a podium (or say, retrieving an item from a room) is somehow equivalent to your own flesh and blood.

Does sexting make it more likely that someone would intentionally kill his toddler in such a sadistic and horrfc way?

No. It's not relevant.

Not for me, but maybe others. (I dont sext)

There is no way RH didn't see that baby in the back of the car!

1c9c8303aa2298dc524e2573e8dbf0ba.jpg

Cooper was also three inches too tall for that car seat, so his head would be very noticable.

I remember HLN doing a special about this case and they brought in a doll with the equivalent size of Cooper and his head highly visible. They even backed up the car and Vinnie (I think) said there was no way JH didn't see Cooper. I saw this a long time ago so I might not be remembering everything correctly, but I do remember that was a turning point in my opinion about this case.

When my teenage son was notified that his father was suddenly and tragically killed in a car accident, his reaction was to lash out in anger, much like Harris shouting "shut the **** up" when told to get off the phone.

RH isn't a teenager though and the situations are completely different. A reasonable adult who was responsible for the situation that LE was called to respond to should be willing to cooperate IMO

I had been wondering why RH had the baby in the rear facing seat. I'd read that they had changed Cooper to the big boy seat then changed him back to the baby one. Makes sense that if RH doesn't always drive the baby he probably wouldn't want the carry on of moving the bigger seat over.

Saying that, I'm sure the prosecution said in opening that RH drove Cooper 19 out of the last 25 days before his death.......

I'm thinking RH dropped him off at daycare and LH picked him up in the afternoons. And maybe they are too cheap to buy 2 larger seats, so RH keeps using the baby seat.
But if that was the case, they only had one baby seat, so how did they switch it then, from one car to the other?
MOO

No. It's not relevant.

They aren't trying to prove sexting causes child murder. They are trying to show motive, that Ross wanted a life without Cooper. Seeking sexual relationships outside of the home and marriage is part of the bigger picture. This is not my opinion. The court has already allowed it as relevant. Semantics doesn't change that..

I want to agree with you but I also know how easy it is to have a thought and intent to do something and forget 30 seconds later. Just like when walking into a room and forgetting why you went there. I am going to need more evidence that he willfully ignored Cooper.

What kind of evidence do you need? I'm curious. I agree that there are times one can forget something or why they came into the room, however at some point they remember and it's usually within a few minutes because your mind is on why you came into the room therefore you think. I do not for one second believe he simply forgot Cooper. He didn't forget his coffee or anything else he had to bring into work.

They are discussing photos of the defendants car. The defence is showing that the aircon was on in the car. That's all very well but the aircon wasn't on when Cooper was locked in there all day!

"look, the a/c was on because Mr Harris was uncomfortably hot as soon as he got in the vehicle" (hey defense - not helpful for your side)

As far as having reactions to a child's death, I know if I was responsible for leaving a child in a hot car to literally bake to death, I would be suicidal. I wouldn't be asking LE how long they've been working as a cop, I'd be looking for the nearest bridge to jump from. They would have to lock me up for general purposes. Straight jacket, thorazine, regular meds in a cup, rubber room, the whole nine yards.

slightly O/T

People who displayed their grief very oddly:

Casey Anthony
Jodi Arias
Burke Ramsey
Ross Harris
Scott Peterson
Karla Homolka

I am not persuaded by the car seat pictures. The car seat wouldn't be visible when looking at the road, nor do I think it is visible in peripheral vision. Does anybody know if his vehicle had back up cams? I do, and, although I am not supposed to rely on them alone, I do a lot of the time.

I really want him to be guilty, if it would mean justice for Cooper. But I am not convinced.

For full disclosure - I have "forgotten" my child in a car. I was staying at a hotel in an unfamiliar area, driving a rental vehicle. The hotel did not have a lot of parking, but what it did have was full. I was trying to find alternate parking or street parking, and was distracted and annoyed because there was not much, streets were all one way, etc. When I finally found parking, I got out, tried to orientate myself, and started walking back toward the hotel. I have three children; my husband had two and I had the baby with me. I got maybe 25 feet when I remembered, and ran back to the car. I do believe it happens to loving and careful parents. I don't think my story would have ended in tragedy, as my husband and I were texting constantly and checking in and I would have been cued in shortly as we were meeting up. We weren't at work, but on a vacation and so our time was devoted to the kids and they were constantly on our mind. But I can see how being distracted can cause this lapse and it is very frightening. Since then, I would put my purse in the back seat, always.

Cooper's head would have been visible. He was too long for the seat and his head stuck out above the seat. When they present pics of the re-creation with a Cooper-size dummy it's going to be super obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrandonHutson