TRIAL Week One - Ross Harris 3 October 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vinnie P. Is live on FB and he is MAD!

Of course I would panic but it seems like Ross first focus should be on his son laying on the asphalt dead and worry less about his wifes panic.I guess that is just me. The child was dead and the wife would be confused and inconvenienced at the day care. Notifying her of Coopers death could be done as soon as the child was taken away.

My impression -its just that- of Ross Harris is that he was emotionally immature enough (and whatever else) to respond to Leanne more as if she was his mother than as his wife (from background info as much as anything else).

On the scene, the first witness there testified he heard Harris say-- in addition to"what have I done, " etc., that "she's going to kill me."

He seemed to feel a genuinely powerful need to reach Leanne, ASAP, which I can understand, but maybe for different reasons than his own.

I can't imagine all the thoughts going through JRH brain in the 2-3 seconds after seeing Cooper in his car seat. How could I squeeze all my instant questions and thoughts condensed into 2-3 seconds
"Oh fudge, I forgot to drop Cooper off"
"I got out at 9 and it is now 4:15, oh shid, that is over 7 hours in this heat"
"What have I done?"
Leanne is going to kill me"
It was so freaking hot today"
No one could survive this heat"
How could I have been so careless

I personally think this is why JRH wasnt doing prolonged attempts at CPR. He knew. He had MANY thoughts just prior to unbuckling Cooper. He knew he was many many hours too late for CPR. The numbers "7" (hours) and "95"(temperature outside) had entered JRH brain a few times in the previous 2-3 seconds

What does the defense attorney not get about the difference between acting hysterical and being hysterical?

I feel it is a play on words. Let's change the word from hysterical to aggressive. If the officer put in the report he was acting aggressive and upset it would not imply that the person was "fake" acting aggressive.

Some of the people who took the stand in the past few days added certain words to their testimony to agree with Ross's strange behavior. When they were originally questioned they did not seem that focused on his odd behavior. I bet the investigators planted many seeds in their mind when they were going over their stories.

It seems to me many of these witnesses said and felt differently from the day of the event until now. It doesn't look good that a witness said Harris did CPR, but later said he didn't. If I was on the jury that would bother me.

Did the family have a pet dog or cat that they would drive around in the car? If not, why would he watch that video? Just curious about it? A medium sized dog would be the same weight as a 22 month old. JMO

My impression -its just that- of Ross Harris is that he was emotionally immature enough (and whatever else) to respond to Leanne more as if she was his mother than as his wife (from background info as much as anything else).

On the scene, the first witness there testified he heard Harris say-- in addition to"what have I done, " etc., that "she's going to kill me."

He seemed to feel a genuinely powerful need to reach Leanne, ASAP, which I can understand, but maybe for different reasons than his own.

So are you saying that because you know of his emotional immaturity then it is understandable that his first priority was to call the day care. I guess this emotional immaturity could explain many of the odd things that were noticed by police and other witnesses. Its just too bad he chose to be a father in the first place.

Did the family have a pet dog or cat that they would drive around in the car? If not, why would he watch that video? Just curious about it? A medium sized dog would be the same weight as a 22 month old. JMO

I believe (if memory serves me right) the video was a newscaster who got in a car to show how hot the temperature reach in the summer. They were stating most people leave animals in cars without thinking about the intense summer heat. Also, I believe Ross clicked on the video and did not search for it. (again if my memory is correct). I watch videos all the time when I am on sites reading news.

I hope the jury does the right thing for Cooper. I have more confidence in the police and the prosecutor in the case than many of you. The evidence will show that Ross Harris is emotionally immature and just wanted to be free of the baby so he could live the life he wanted including sexting with minors among other things. JMO

Why is it understandable that he call the day care. She would be in a safe place and could easily reach out to him. I do not understand the rush to call the day care.

I didn't get a chance to watch testimony today, but is this the 6-minute phone call that Ross made?

Since the beginning, when I heard he made a 6 minute call while his son laid dead on the pavement without even his assistance in taking his son out of the car, I always assume that he made that call only to distance himself from what was going on and that the people around him would not question him.

The call to the day care was part of his plan.

Why is it understandable that he call the day care. She would be in a safe place and could easily reach out to him. I do not understand the rush to call the day care.

In a similar situation, one of the very first things I would do is call my hubby.

I didn't get a chance to watch testimony today, but is this the 6-minute phone call that Ross made?

Since the beginning, when I heard he made a 6 minute call while his son laid dead on the pavement without even his assistance in taking his son out of the car, I always assume that he made that call only to distance himself from what was going on and that the people around him would not question him.

+1

My thoughts exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember a reporter early on trying to get a statement from the family and the landlord. I think it was Leanna's dad that was out walking a dog. He declined to comment. Could have been Leanna's dog.
Then again maybe it was grandpa's dog?

Yes, that is the call. Why did it take 6 minutes and why does no one say they talked to him? Why did he not call his wife? Am I remembering that right?

I try hard to separate my emotions from cases. I started really thinking about that morning JH and Cooper went to breakfast. Really hard to think about Cooper after JH closed his door. No child should ever have to suffer. I hope they have witnesses on the stand that will talk about how chatty Cooper was. I haven't had a toddler in years, but I remember they are super nosy and always asking why, and what.

My great niece, who just turned 2, constantly says, "mama, where ARE you? Mama, what doing?" [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. The DT has the right (duty) to try to impeach witness testimony

2. The DT believed the officer 's testimony wasn't consistent with what he had written in his report (on at least several points, not just the single one about Harris "acting.")

3. The DT wanted the officer's report introduced into evidence.

4. The judge denied that request.

5. The defense asked for a mistrial because:

a. they asserted they couldn't properly impeach the witness without the report being introduced

b. that a recent law in GA held police reports exactly in this situation and context should be ruled admissable for the defense to use.

Staley denied the mistrial because she thought it an overly broad and excessive remedy to the defense's objection to her evidentiary ruling, especially since the testimony in question was not in any case prejudicial enough to deny Ross a fair trial.

The law is recent, she's allowing both sides to research and present next week, and offered the potential remedy of recalling the officer if necessary.

Very good! I would add that State objected to Def referring to the report. Again audio going in and out on link I was listening to. State stated Foundation? and Def Relevance. **Could have those backwards* Def told judge that would like to speak with her at the end of the day. She said ok. That when they spoke about the New Law. Def said this was a game changer. That when the Judge said no mistrial as you stated above.

Judge said both sides can research and stronly will revisit on Monday. Witness can be brought back. Judge said something about Immediacy and right after lunch on Monday? LOL State said will allow it in but doesn't see reason to bring witness back. LOL JMHO If it was me, (as Def) I would want the Witness back on stand. Also when the Def asked about not putting the F you comment not in report, Def was asking about the video and transcript. And about the other witnesses testimony State objected stating hearsay. Judge Sustained that.

Especially after the State said in front of the jury on RE Direct State asked the witness Officer Brett Gillimore if he listen to video prior to coming in today. Asked was he making stuff up. Are you lying to the Jury?
Def Objected and Judge sustained.

State said that the Defense was trying to call the witness a liar without calling him liar.

Def Objected again and the Judge told them she thinks they need to move on... Witness excused and jury excused then that after court hearing.
Now the jury will be out until Monday. So just adding it to evidence may not mean much.

(I def would want him back on stand especially if that other Det is going to be impeached also. Piper gave some odd testimony jmho )

It seems to me many of these witnesses said and felt differently from the day of the event until now. It doesn't look good that a witness said Harris did CPR, but later said he didn't. If I was on the jury that would bother me.

Also Witness that was leaving Subway testified that he used his childs name in the What have I done yelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearhighway