GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree it's just theories. No one here has the power to change anything.

I just think
It's sad that the family doesn't have the funds to bring her home. Hopefully some business will come through to help pay for the shipment home:(

Yes, we agree.

Do you know if she was cremated?

Sahhrudd is Taylloo's (Taylan's) new username. He didn't close his instagram just changed his name & make it private.
It is changed but if somebody referred to him it still stays as taylloo.

Proof:

Thank you. I did not realize that.

:confused:

I did not find the remarks that "sperm was found on her body" in the Link you referenced from blossomfish.

Can you provide a link that has that information? Thanks.

It also says in that article, granted we do not know its accuracy, that sperm was found on her body.
I find it interesting that the rape test came back negative, yet sperm was found on her body. Does this mean that no sperm was found inside her body?

Also looking at a lot of the pictures through a link posted by a previous poster, I just have a really hard time believing that she was rapped, murdered, and concealed in broad daylight. I guess it's possible this was just a completely random act, and she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. But if it was a location homeless people hung out, how come no one discovered her body for two weeks? How come her attacker didn't take her jewelry? Why do the police still think her iPad could hold the key to her attacker? If she had DNA under her nails because of a fight, she would have had time to scream. No one heard her?

If it was just a random crime why go through so much trouble to conceal her?

I know it seems like it could be written off as a deranged homeless man, but I guess I just hope its the truth that comes out. And that someone doesn't just take the blame for it because they seem sketchy.

I hope they are able to make a much more concrete analysis of how long she had been deceased for. That would be critical to explaining possible scenarios or ruling out others.

Btw does anyone else find it a creepy (most likely coincidence) that she was found so close to topkapi palace, and in Turkish palace is "Sarayi"

Here is a link to an article which says that the investigation continues, there was found some evidence that her body may have been moved to the location where it was found and that a possibility is that she may have been attacked/assaulted by a homeless person in this area while photographing.

http://english.sabah.com.tr/national/2013/02/03/police-find-body-of-missing-american-photographer
I hope that there can be some form of justice in this case. There really is no completely safe place, and anything can happen whether it is the US, European country, or wherever. We can only do our best in this imperfect world to try to balance the pursuit of our dreams and personal safety.

Not wishing to disagree for the sake of it, but trust me, Americans stand out.

Everything you say, everything you do, everything you eat, wear, or carry, your lovely teeth, strong healthy appearances, your clear skin and confident stride.

Pretty much unmistakeable even after one generation. Children born in America look and behave like children born in America (which is a good thing :)) no matter where their parents come from.

She would have been instantly recognised as American, I think. Turkish women just don't stride around alone taking photos, nor do a lot of other less Western cultures.

All of that is so untrue that I don't even know where to start. And it's quite insulting for us, non-Americans. US are not the only country with a good health care and self confident people. And not only the US women walk alone taking photos. Those from "less Western cultures" do that too.

Please, don't use stereotypes, folks. They hurt.

We are led to believe it was hit or mix connection. How do we know there were not Skype or txt conversation surround those three email communications. Taylan certainly wants us to think communication was hit or miss.
Maybe missed connection doesn't have anything to do with communication, but rather time schedule. Maybe something came up for Taylan and he couldn't make it at that time. We don't know what's on that phone.

:confused:

I did not find the remarks that "sperm was found on her body" in the Link you referenced from blossomfish.

Can you provide a link that has that information? Thanks.

I read that, too - however one problem providing links in this case has been that the most up to the minute info has been published in the Turkish online news, and they often update and change the story in the exact same link, so returning to a link doesn't guarantee you will read the same story.... (at least I've been having that problem!)

This. This. A thousand times this. And let's face it, Americans are NOT all the same. Let's face it, if you put someone from Staten Island, NYC in a room with someone from New Orleans, there is a good possibility they'd need a translator.

Let's talk about people as individuals, not in blankets statements that serve nothing but to promote stereotypes and marginalize people.

Yes, we agree.

Do you know if she was cremated?

It was reported in one of the Turkish papers that her body was moved to the Catolic Armenian Church, and the family was trying to figure out how to get the funds to brind it home. So doesn't sound like they plan on cremation.

All of that is so untrue that I don't even know where to start. And it's quite insulting for us, non-Americans. US are not the only country with a good health care and self confident people. And not only the US women walk alone taking photos. Those from "less Western cultures" do that too.

xexe,

I can speak only for myself and from my experience.

I am an American with roots in a European country. In fact, I was born and raised there and spent the rest of my life in the US. I understand you completely.

I also know that sometimes people say things which might seem offensive, but they had no intentions to offend anyone.

xoxoxo

It was reported in one of the Turkish papers that her body was moved to the Catolic Armenian Church, and the family was trying to figure out how to get the funds to brind it home. So doesn't sound like they plan on cremation.

Yes, I read that.

I would hope that the US embassy or consulate would advise the family of the options that are available.

If it is not contrary to their religion and their wishes, cremation would be the way to go. They would have to pay for the cremation in Turkey. I don't know how much that would cost. They could then take the remains on the plane as carry on at no charge. The embassy or consulate could advise them about the paperwork to be filled out.

If they decide against cremation, the repatriation will be expensive. I believe it is close to $10,000.

Sadly, I speak from experience.

Yes, I read that.

I would hope that the US embassy or consulate would advise the family of the options that are available.

If it is not contrary to their religion and their wishes, cremation would be the way to go. They would have to pay for the cremation in Turkey. I don't know how much that would cost. They could then take the remains on the plane as carry on at no charge. The embassy or consulate could advise them about the paperwork to be filled out.

If they decide against cremation, the repatriation will be expensive. I believe it is close to $10,000.

The consulate can provide them with advice about repatriation, but they do not assist financially. Yes, it can be $10k or more. Some credit cards offer insurance that covers repatriation, as do a lot of travel insurance policies. Upthread I posted a link to the Consulate's repatriation information. I'll see if I can dig it up again.

Found it: http://istanbul.usconsulate.gov/death_ac_abroad.html

Attachments

• SS.JPG
    SS.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 15
Yes, I read that.

I think her family is Carholic and I know from friends that most Catholics abhore the idea of cremation. You would think that the Embassy would help them as this is very unusual and not the typical death overseas. I do wonder who all the 21 suspects detained are. It seems quite a large number of people but perhaps it's the people she interacted with that day.

I think her family is Carholic and I know from friends that most Catholics abhore the idea of cremation. You would think that the Embassy would help them as this is very unusual and not the typical death overseas. I do wonder who all the 21 suspects detained are. It seems quite a large number of people but perhaps it's the people she interacted with that day.

Yes, you are right. In this case, cremation may not be an option. I was only trying to point out, if it were an option, then expenses would be much lower.

I do think they should talk to the American embassy/consulate, if they have not done so. They are there to help and will be able to provide advice and help.

If it comes to the point where they have no resolution, let's try to raise the necessary money. I am willing to do my part.

My sincere condolences to the family and friends.

I don't know about the suspects but would like to know, just like you.

The State Dept simply cannot afford to bring home every American who dies overseas. It happens all the time.

The State Dept simply cannot afford to bring home every American who dies overseas. It happens all the time.

Yes, of course. I do believe they will provide information and advice. Even that would be a big help.

Yes, of course. I do believe they will provide information and advice. Even that would be a big help.

Yeah, they have a whole page about it on their website (the consulate in Istanbul) I put the link up a post or three ago.

It's one of those travel insurance things people never think about until it is too late.

New article:

http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/gundem/22523692.asp

Sarai Sierra Istanbul trip that ended in death, was at the invitation of persons whom he met through Instagram photo-sharing site. According to a friend in the Netherlands to Istanbul, it was not safe connections.

According to the information from the first Sarai Sierra Forensics molested. The right side of the head, neck, continuing upward, starting from less than 5 have to blow out. Right hand pinky finger, ring finger and middle finger is broken. Had a bruise on the body of a large number of small cuts and scrapes. A large part because of the many blows per face unrecognizable. Not be determined young woman at the exact time of death is estimated to be January 21. The autopsy report is expected to be within 3 months. In the meantime, the suspects taken into custody earlier in the day decided to be given blood and saliva samples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay