GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will just say that some of the skirts and heels I see on young Istanbul women in pictures, puts London and Paris to shame. That said, I don't think we can yet blame gender inequality for Sarai's death. While gender bias in Turkey is far behind the EU and US, it's stupid to place blame before having all the facts.

Agreed. I think you have to take that article with a grain of salt and consider its source is coming from an organization to promote their agenda and piggy backing on the international status of this case to do so.

I'm not saying violence against women doesn't occur in Turkey, but just like in the US the majority is some type of domestic violence. They doesn't make it any less important. But this article seems to lead you to believe that a lurking man in turkey is likely to target a woman for wearing skimpy clothes.

I haven't spent too much time in more reserved cities such as Mardin, but in Istanbul girls wear short skirts and heels regularly.

Believe it or not, in the US, I was just some foreign dude regardless of what people thought of Turkey. In Europe, I am "that barbarian Turk" to them.

My angle with the casket was different. It was a temporary casket used for transportation because Christians in Istanbul (mostly Armenians) are burried in nice caskets made for them. Yet they wouldn't want to move SS's body in a bag. So they must have gotten that casket in the last minute.

On the other hand, it is different for Turkish Muslims. Muslim Arabs believe the soul will live forever but body should return to soil. So they just dig a hole and bury their dead, and mostly forget about them, ie. AFAIK. (Because souls are everywhere) Turkish Muslims also believe in that but they also respect the body due to their Asian/Ancient Anatolian roots. So they make tombs, at least tombstones as if they are going to bury the dead in a coffin. But they don't. They open those plain, unlacquered coffins, and place the body in the ground. So years later we have these tombs with bodies long decomposed into soil. And we (try to) visit them regularly. Modern Turkish culture is an amalgam of many cultures: islamic, cenral asian, anatolian, and even western. So we have these values that may seem contradictory at first sight. So a casket is only as good as a body-bag for Turkish Muslims.
Thanks for that. Traveling in Europe, I have noticed animosity of Eastern Europeans, Africans and Turks. Especially in Germany and France.

I'm not exactly sure where Daily Mail gets their sources from, but I am pretty sure that they are extra careful when it comes to information. I find they are my daily source of news (and yet I'm obsessively stalkerish and double-check everything!) and rarely do I find that their information is blatently wrong or mis-informed.

Hate me for saying this or not....but I RARELY take news for granted, and am in a constant state of teaching my students to take NOTHING for granted (even textbooks). But still, Daily Mail can rarely be accused of sensationalizing news. It appears to me that they review several viable sources before saying much of anything. I don't know if it's because they know they are at risk in the UK of being senstational or not.....but I can't think of a single article they are totally misguided on (and I've been reading their stuff for almost a year).

This is really awful. I think they are taking Turkish press too seriously, thinking there has to be at least some truth in it.

It seems at rate new information is flowing everyday I can bet we'll have an arrest by Friday or at least the killer's ID

This is really awful. I think they are taking Turkish press too seriously, thinking there has to be at least some truth in it.

Real life calls but before I go I wanted to say the DM article sounded suspiciously like the NYP article only slightly rewritten. Just something to think about.

devonmiles1981 Nyc the bomb! Gotta go gotta go maself :) 1mon

memyself_sarai @devonmiles1981 yess its most def bomb!!! You show me your city and I'll show you mine!! Lol ;))) 1mon

devonmiles1981 @memyself_sarai def gotta arrange such things 1mon

memyself_sarai @devonmiles1981 oh for sure!! ;)) 1mon

Devonmiles is Ammer Reduron, her Amsterdam contact. This is a conversation taken from her ig account.

Does anyone know what 1mon means. In some quotes taylloo had made on IG I saw 2mon and 4mon mentıoned a couple times.

Anyone know ?

This headline and article is totally unnecessary and disrespectful to SS and her family. How dare they state something like that not knowing facts! DM should be ashamed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-Turkey.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#axzz2K9FqrKfZ

I read that headline before I signed on here tonight. My initial reaction was disgust, and then curiosity as to why this would be headline on an international news site. It is also scary. She seemed to be a normal person, not a celebrity, not a heiress, princess, etc. yet she was murdered while out of the country and her personal life is international news? Have they determined she was a spy, drug dealer, broke laws, was a terrorist? I can't comprehend why they would feel this was Headline, need to know, for the rest of the world.
I dont think she was just vacationing, but I still don't understand why DM considered this information to be top story material.

Does anyone know what 1mon means. In some quotes taylloo had made on IG I saw 2mon and 4mon mentıoned a couple times.

Anyone know ?

I think that "mon" means month. So, 1mon ago, 2mon ago, ....

Anyone know ?

Looks encrypted to me.

Do we know when she befriended these guys? At the sametime? How long before the Istanbul trip?

It seems at rate new information is flowing everyday I can bet we'll have an arrest by Friday or at least the killer's ID

I hope so!

News flow was good up to today but I think we haven't learned anything real today except that press is playing the telephone game.

Looks encrypted to me.

Do we know when she befriended these guys? At the sametime? How long before the Istanbul trip?

I think it was said early on that she began corresponding with Taylan (and maybe the others too) 4 months before her trip.

I read that headline before I signed on here tonight. My initial reaction was disgust, and then curiosity as to why this would be headline on an international news site. It is also scary. She seemed to be a normal person, not a celebrity, not a heiress, princess, etc. yet she was murdered while out of the country and her personal life is international news? Have they determined she was a spy, drug dealer, broke laws, was a terrorist? I can't comprehend why they would feel this was Headline, need to know, for the rest of the world. Jmo

They either know more than we do or they are very cruel. Or both

True, its like another banking system.

I never understood people saying her gold jewelry wasn't more valuable that ipad/iphone. It is very easy to sell gold in istanbul. A drug addict would take gold too.

I agree lavvy I've said that since the beginng. Gold is super easy to sell in Istanbul and if it was robbery it doesn't make sense not to take it.

Just for info: its customary at holidays or birthdays to buy these gold coins or children and pin them on there clothes, for weddings on the brides veil too. These gold coins have Ataturk on them but come in different sizes, they are kind of like savings bonds. You can bring them or any other type of gold to all these booths, mostly in the grand bazaar to sell them for cash. No record.

I'm not exactly sure where Daily Mail gets their sources from, but I am pretty sure that they are extra careful when it comes to information. I find they are my daily source of news (and yet I'm obsessively stalkerish and double-check everything!) and rarely do I find that their information is blatently wrong or mis-informed.

Hate me for saying this or not....but I RARELY take news for granted, and am in a constant state of teaching my students to take NOTHING for granted (even textbooks). But still, Daily Mail can rarely be accused of sensationalizing news. It appears to me that they review several viable sources before saying much of anything. I don't know if it's because they know they are at risk in the UK of being senstational or not.....but I can't think of a single article they are totally misguided on (and I've been reading their stuff for almost a year).

I have to disagree somewhat. Daily Mail in the UK is considered an entertainment tabloid. I do agree that they tend to break news faster than MSM in the US, but the paper has certainly been guilty of sensationalism over the years. The UK tabloids are notorious for wiretapping and paying off sources (see News of the World) to get information.

devonmiles1981 Nyc the bomb! Gotta go gotta go maself :) 1mon

memyself_sarai @devonmiles1981 yess its most def bomb!!! You show me your city and I'll show you mine!! Lol ;))) 1mon

devonmiles1981 @memyself_sarai def gotta arrange such things 1mon

memyself_sarai @devonmiles1981 oh for sure!! ;)) 1mon

Devonmiles is Ammer Reduron, her Amsterdam contact. This is a conversation taken from her ig account.

Well, thats definately not how a happily married lady talks,lol.

It appears that many have chosen to romanticize Sarai Sierra in the extreme, and in doing so have lost all objectivity.

Suddenly the NY Post, which is #6 of the top 50 newspapers in the USA, is now the bad guy. Talk about kill the messenger! Whether the Post sensationalizes their headlines or not, is not the issue here -- and like it or not, the NY Post is one of the best newspapers in the country. It's best to stay focused on the facts and stop focusing anger at a newspaper.

There has always been something VERY off about Sarai Sierra's story. It never made sense -- and it's clear that she always had an agenda that had little to nothing to do with just her first trip traveling on her own abroad.

It's neon-glaringly obvious that this women had secrets -- and that the true intent of her trip was being camouflaged and cloaked in this silly story of picture-taking nonsense.

The different theories being postulated are all worthy of deep analysis by law enforcement. No one knows the truth at this point in time -- but it is obvious that this is NOT just some sweet mom on a photo-journey.

Moms of young children do not just take off for Turkey alone for 3 weeks. People who are financially modest at best, do not take 3 weeks trips to Turkey. Happily married women do not travel alone to Turkey for 3 weeks. This has been the red flag from day one.

And her side trips are interesting to say the least.

Her online "friendships" are interesting to say the least.

Her judgement in general is interesting to say the least.

Unlike those who've become remarkably infatuated with their self-created sainted Sarai Sierra fantasy figure ... it just does not ring true. Her choices, decisions, actions and ultimate tragic fate bespeak quite a different reality.

I sadly think that when the truth is discovered a much darker version of SS will be revealed.

http://www.onlinenewspapers.com/Top50/Top50-CurrentUS.htm

SO much agree with you - absolutely well said!!

Ooh here's a conspiracy....mr sierra got wind of the lies and the affair .... Tracked down taylans significant other, and together they conspired to kill sarai! Taylan's gf's family is part of the mob and they were happy to help this poor cheated on daughter from a man stealing American!

(This is sarcasm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member