GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of those cameras show thousands of anonymous people. No way in hell to find them. Also, cops have theorized the killer could have made his way to and from the walls via back ways to and from the railway station.

Possible, but see above. Easy to come one way and leave another. What if he got there unperceived and then was picked up in a car. No trace.

Yah, they're doing that. Feel bad for those guys -- loads of nothing calls, probably all nothing calls to investigate.

It's great they're trying, but like trying to find a needle in 500 haystacks.

Already done, LE has that stuff, we don't know what it shows. As you say, if she has additional ID's, how the heck will they find those without her iPad?
I'm sure they are trying all the tech angles on the stuff, but if she created IDs on her iPad once abroad, I think it will be pretty difficult to unearth anything.

And, in the end, all of that is wasted time if it was a random! (Except the camera searches on the nearby street and RR station, they might get lucky with those).

If they know the IP address of her iPad, is it possible to figure out other email accounts that could be linked to that IP address?

I hope this helps:

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

― Maya Angelou

I hope this helps:

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

― Maya Angelou

Amen, Yashim. I think we would all do well to sit back and reread our responses to people before we click submit. We need to keep in mind that a) there is no tone or non-verbal communication clues on the internet and b) even if we've been joking around, someone new who stumbles into this crazy puppypile of speculation may not realize how each of us expresses ourselves and things may seem harsher than they are intended. With no clues as to connotation, denotation is all people have.

Slightly OT but I wonder how did they find his photos?

what do you think? Gotten sick and tired of various googled images appearing in the news, he decided to send them to the press.

If they know the IP address of her iPad, is it possible to figure out other email accounts that could be linked to that IP address?

OOOOOOh, good point. I honestly don't know enough about how LE works to answer. Is it easy in a criminal investigation to go to a bunch of the free email server companies and say, hey, anyone sign up with this IP?

Because that would definitely be cool!

Once they removed the body, wouldn't they spend a fair amount of time processing the exact area (ie- inside the cave). It's not realistic to me to think that they just shut off the lights inside the cave and have at least 10 investigator personnel in their white outfits and yellowboots just walk around up top. I would have thought they would have had the entire area lit up and light coming through that hole at night.

Amen, Yashim. I think we would all do well to sit back and reread our responses to people before we click submit. We need to keep in mind that a) there is no tone or non-verbal communication clues on the internet and b) even if we've been joking around, someone new who stumbles into this crazy puppypile of speculation may not realize how each of us expresses ourselves and things may seem harsher than they are intended. With no clues as to connotation, denotation is all people have.

I believe necco has a strange obsession with puppies. That is my observation of the moment.

Just kidding. I think those of us who have been here from the beginning have all A) contributed some great theories, B) been dead wrong at least once (or in my case, more like a thousand times) and C) done a virtual karate chop (right in the throat, no less) of another poster's ideas.

So necco's right. Gotta be more careful. Thanks!

I hope this helps:

― Maya Angelou

Getting a little warm and fuzzy in here. Kumbaya, my lord... Kumbaya...

j/k - that's one of my favorite quotes.

what do you think? Gotten sick and tired of various googled images appearing in the news, he decided to send them to the press.

I would agree but the first photo of him was much better. So don't think he did it...

I am still considering other options.

Once they removed the body, wouldn't they spend a fair amount of time processing the exact area (ie- inside the cave). It's not realistic to me to think that they just shut off the lights inside the cave and have at least 10 investigator personnel in their white outfits and yellowboots just walk around up top. I would have thought they would have had the entire area lit up and light coming through that hole at night.

They spent days processing the area. The whole surroundings were shut down for literally days on end while they picked over it with a fine-toothed comb. They had swarms of technicians combing the railroad tracks, the roadside, the walls up and down from there. There are dozens of (pretty boring, since they reveal no investigative details or conclusions) media stories describing the effort if you really want to look them up.

I'm sorry if you didn't like their photo op, but I don't think they cared. Their only interest was processing the scene encyclopedically and exhaustively.

I believe necco has a strange obsession with puppies. That is my observation of the moment.

Just kidding. I think those of us who have been here from the beginning have all A) contributed some great theories, B) been dead wrong at least once (or in my case, more like a thousand times) and C) done a virtual karate chop (right in the throat, no less) of another poster's ideas.

So necco's right. Gotta be more careful. Thanks!

I did say she was shot at one point.

And I think claimed the iPad had been found on 2 or 3 separate occasions.

And that's without even getting into the bogus theories I pushed at different times!

But people do crack at different times, for different reasons, sometimes irrational ones. Maybe she was trying to get the courage to launch a divorce and was petrified at the immediate money problems she would face on her own. Maybe the only reason she walked over there was to meet a smuggler of something -- and it was not against her will.

I don't think smuggling (of drugs or whatever else) is likely, but with no suspect and no consensus on a theory of the crime, heck, I'll consider it. If we're fair, thoughtful and analytical about it...

I hear ya, at this point nothing would shock me anymore regarding this case.

It's just that she has not exhibited the kind of behavior I would associate with someone who would resort to drug smuggling as an option. She has never cared about money. She barely worked over the past several years. She was more interested in setting up photo walk arounds then looking for a job.

If she had a steady job for years then found herself unemployed and worried about maintaining whatever lifestyle she was used to, then perhaps. But I'm just seeing someone who's more interested in photography and companionship then money.

She's a cute, personable girl...she lived in the sugar daddy capital of the world, she had less complicated options available to her if money was truly what she was after.

I would agree but the first photo of him was much better. So don't think he did it...

I am still considering other options.

It was obviously an angry ex-girlfriend who got sick of the dated Adonis-like photos and said, here, world, this is what he REALLY looks like!!!!

Any junkie on earth knows that the price of metals in through the roof. In scrap price alone, a wedding ring is worth a decent stash. Gold trafficking is actually one of the theories we've touched on here. You don't need ovaries to know to steal metal.

Oh come on lol we're all speculating on the things we don't know as fact, I may agree with your thought but reality is neither of us knows the real answer. My only real point is it may or may not point less to a burglary tied into a violent act and more to just violence in general and/or from someone that knew her even if remotely, but then again it may not, we just don't know, none of us do with certainty.

I am almost 99.9999999% sure her death has absolutely nothing to do with drugs on her part. I leave the 0.0000001% since there is no absolute certainty in all our theories, but this one is quite low on the probability scale with all the given facts. I read the drug discussions and theories with slight amusement and bewilderment, though of course all theories are welcome.

But people do crack at different times, for different reasons, sometimes irrational ones.

I'm cracking right now!! We need some info- even if it's bogus, it'll keep us busy for a while- Stat!!

I'm cracking right now!! We need some info- even if it's bogus, it'll keep us busy for a while- Stat!!

Same here. 2 days gone without any news. I am currently speculating different theories about why media is quiet.

There is one where LE threatens journalists with chopsticks.

Yet if we keep on cornering each other, I'm afraid one of us may admit to the crime just to end the agony.

I hear ya, at this point nothing would shock me anymore regarding this case.

It's just that she has not exhibited the kind of behavior I would associate with someone who would resort to drug smuggling as an option. She has never cared about money. She barely worked over the past several years. She was more interested in setting up photo walk arounds then looking for a job.

If she had a steady job for years then found herself unemployed and worried about maintaining whatever lifestyle she was used to, then perhaps. But I'm just seeing someone who's more interested in photography and companionship then money.

She's a cute, personable girl...she lived in the sugar daddy capital of the world, she had less complicated options available to her if money was truly what she was after.

Careful, none of us know her at all. Social media is deceptive. It's easy to craft a fantasy of a wonderful soul (Lennay Kekua) around someone who may turn out to be quite different (Ronaiah Tuiasosopo).

NYC is all about surface image. And it's often hard to know what's going on below the surface unless you spend a lot of time around someone.

I do agree with you that she appears to be an unlikely candidate for smuggling. But I've known fresh-faced, bubbly, personable, intelligent, charismatic, beautiful NYC women who have a whole lot of dark stuff going on.

And sometimes, hidden family and financial pressures push otherwise amazing people to do head-scratchingly self-destructive things.

I doubt that happened here. But we really don't know that much, so I just like to explore all options while we (sigh) wait to hear something more definite about the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487