Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another observation:

It is reported the body was found inside that cave or arch-like area photographed from the street with the small hole and the graffitti on it.

However, all the news footage I've yet seen show people climbing up and over it onto the top of the wall where there are lights set up.

And no lights are shining through the hole. If the body had been inside that cave-like structure, it would have been lit up like an operating room as the crime scene investigators went over it with minute detail. Furthermore, the street-side opening is at least chest high on a slightly uphill slope. You would have to bring a dead body in a fireman's carry to get them up that high and likely put them in head first. It seems clumsy and very much more exposed to activity from the street.

The following is taken from an earlier post- I think the second pic shows light shining. Hope it helps

Originally Posted by SophieRose View Post
I found these pictures several days ago taken of the hole during the daylight.

This one the hole is dark.
http://media.sondevir.com/250x190/20...erra3-copy.jpg

This one appears to have some light coming from the other side.
http://www.haberler.com/haber-resiml...623_5012_o.jpg

Something to discuss. Somebody had commented in one of the news websites saying the murderer must be left-handed as the wound on her head is on right side.

Although she is not tall and if the peep is tall it might not matter.

Something to discuss. Somebody had commented in one of the news websites saying the murderer must be left-handed as the wound on her head is on right side.

I assumed they hit her from behind...? Hmm.

I wonder if there is CCTV that shows the railroad tracks.

Her photography is about 1: Railroad tracks, and 2: Graffitti. Both of which are accessed along those train track lines.

I know this has been mentioned before but I wonder if she was really the victim of train or auto trauma. Photographers are often intent on their subject and not paying attention to what is going on around them. Being sideswiped by a train could give such a nasty head wound, although I might have thought the broken fingers would have been on the same side as the head wound.

Broken fingernails might be more common with self-defense wounds than broken fingers. Are we sure the translation is correct?

Herat,

Sorry, I screwed up the last post/link
The original link showing a picture with light coming through the cave is on post #231 on page 10 of this forum.
Hopefully, LOL

If he used the stronger hand to restrain her e.g. by the throat, it might be the other way around.

If they know the IP address of her iPad, is it possible to figure out other email accounts that could be linked to that IP address?

An IP is either assigned to an account/device (static) or randomly assigned and changes every so often (dynamic). Answer is yes, but it's not the best method. Every device has a unique hardware info / name of device or the internal network hardware. This can be identified as long as you know what networks were used, then the IPs and data traffic can be monitored and/or found in archive as imprinted on the service providers servers. Then you can cull this traffic to ascertain services/apps used..then sessions which would have account info.

Careful, none of us know her at all. Social media is deceptive. It's easy to craft a fantasy of a wonderful soul (Lennay Kekua) around someone who may turn out to be quite different (Ronaiah Tuiasosopo).

NYC is all about surface image. And it's often hard to know what's going on below the surface unless you spend a lot of time around someone.

I do agree with you that she appears to be an unlikely candidate for smuggling. But I've known fresh-faced, bubbly, personable, intelligent, charismatic, beautiful NYC women who have a whole lot of dark stuff going on.

And sometimes, hidden family and financial pressures push otherwise amazing people to do head-scratchingly self-destructive things.

I doubt that happened here. But we really don't know that much, so I just like to explore all options while we (sigh) wait to hear something more definite about the investigation.

And now, to emphasize ToutCa's point about image vs. reality, I will refer you all to the NYC Poet Laureate of our times, one Billy Joel:

Well we all have a face
That we hide away forever
And we take them out and
Show ourselves
When everyone has gone
Some are satin some are steel
Some are silk and some are leather
They're the faces of the stranger
But we love to try them on

<self snipped for fear of quoting the song too much and violating copyright TOS>

Stepping out of your role in life, branching out, exploring your horizons and the outskirts of your comfort zone, these are all things people do when they feel lost or stuck. I have never seen SS as naive, sweet, motherly or simple. I've seen her as a complex and complicated woman struggling to define herself in a constantly changing life and world. No one is as they portray themselves at all times. And at times I feel disgusted that SS's life is being sorted through in such a sordid way. No one is perfect. No one is without sin or indiscretion. I pray to God that none of us will ever be analyzed the way SS has. But, it is a necessary evil as we search for answers. Answers to bring her justice and answers, ultimately and perhaps more importantly, to help others from meeting her fate.

Now that I've gotten all profound and stuff, I'd like to say that there is nothing weird about my obsession with puppies. Puppies are awesome.

Being sideswiped by a train could give such a nasty head wound, although I might have thought the broken fingers would have been on the same side as the head wound.

OK, so she was side-swiped by a train, thrown high in the air over the city walls, then changed direction several times in mid-air to float into a cavern/vestibule area, in which area her clothes suddenly came off. And the train stole her iPad and phone.

Her photography is about 1: Railroad tracks, and 2: Graffitti. Both of which are accessed along those train track lines.

I know this has been mentioned before but I wonder if she was really the victim of train or auto trauma. Photographers are often intent on their subject and not paying attention to what is going on around them. Being sideswiped by a train could give such a nasty head wound, although I might have thought the broken fingers would have been on the same side as the head wound.

Broken fingernails might be more common with self-defense wounds than broken fingers. Are we sure the translation is correct?

In both options I don't see how nobody saw her.

Soory but for the trains scenario how do you explain the body was hidden?
Did the driver stopped the train, hide her body got back and continue driving?

-Translations are correct.

I think I read that there was. Not on that spot but closer to the station. They said they'll examine the footage, esp. for anyone escaping the scene.

They said broken fingers. I don't there'll be a mention of fingernails, broken or not. (Too much detail for the media.) LE was hesitant to reveal much anyway. And fingers nails don't necessarily break in a fight. People live w/ them. But fingers? That should hurt.

The notorious drug using homeless whisked her body off for scavenging. They're famous for this, evidently.

Oh, and they ususally provide two blankets to stage the scene...

<modsnip>
I'm just asking for validation or denial of things that are being reported in the media. There is a lot of press out there about how horrible the neighborhood was, and I was trying to establish why that was being reported so, as there are plenty of airBnB's in that area, lots of shops and restaurants, and doesn't seem like a seedy place from the face of it.

I don't believe at all that drugs are involved in this. I watch Locked Up Abroad. I know what gullible drug mules do ( this is sarcasm, btw)

Perhaps she was just naive in picking a place. Maybe she just went by cost.

I am not sure how much comparable accommodations are in Istanbul. But how much more would a place in a safer area be? She was paying $17 a night.

The whole situation raises the question of why a women traveling alone would stay in an unsafe area and I could only think she did,not know, she underestimated danger, or she went solely by cost. Of course there could be a nefarious reason too but I think the former is more likely

OK, so she was side-swiped by a train, thrown high in the air over the city walls, then changed direction several times in mid-air to float into a cavern/vestibule area, in which area her clothes suddenly came off. And the train stole her iPad and phone.

That sometimes happens. Not often but it does.

Seriously, can we PLEASE just politely go point for point why we disagree with something and not be totally sarcastic? This isn't serving Sarai or us in any good way.

The notorious drug using homeless whisked her body off for scavenging. They're famous for this, evidently.

Oh, and they ususally provide two blankets to stage the scene...

Since you want to add cars and trains to your scavenging homeless, maybe you ought to consider other forms of transportation accident -- bicycle? boat? airplane? bungee jump? stilts?

Why we could go on forever!

Don't say that. :please:

Homeless in Istanbul are usually nice people, they stay away from trouble. It is the druggies (teen glue sniffers), who are by default homeless, that are usually dangerous.

Oh come on lol don't discount his theory too much, because what if she was pushed into the train in a struggle?

Perhaps we should consider not having our sarcasm amps set on 11 like in This Is Spinal Tap.

I can turn it town to like 0.5, but this fellow has so far said SS was a drug mule suspect because she stayed in a majority African neighborhood, that she is suspicious for under-packing (which she didn't even do), that Turkish LE "contaminated the scene" by driving her belongings away in a police car after they searched them, that Turkish LE lied about where the body was found, and so on and so on.

I don't know what his motives are, but it's not just one or two insane theories, but a constant barrage of them.

Don't say that. :please:

Homeless in Istanbul are usually nice people, they stay away from trouble. It is the druggies (teen glue sniffers), who are by default homeless, that are usually dangerous.

I can't tell if he's serious or mocking us for discussing homeless as scavengers and body-movers in various theories of the crime...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fat Cinnamon