GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate the creative thinking regarding theories, but I'm wondering about something. Aren't forensic scientists able to pretty much pinpoint the time (I don't mean to the minute, but within hours) based on insects? I don't want to be too explicit...

Maybe Yashim just needed a break, this case can be mind boggling.

100 meters is just short of a football field. That's a good distance.

Someone posted this map earlier.

http://mobile.istanbul.net.tr/istan...kopterinden-sarayburnu-uygar-elmastasi/3015/9

If you travel down the road on the map a little distance with the water on your left hand side, a little way before a sharp bend in the road there is a sign by three arches in the old wall. The sign says "Donya Vizyonu". To the right of the sign is a path leading to the top of the wall.

Does anyone know if that path is leading to the area where Sarai was found?

yeah there is the other instagram contact(s) who are apparently being questioned...again remember we know so very little. I honestly dont think she went to photograph the walls...maybe she'd already been down that road at some point in her trip. hence the walk with purpose-- it doesnt look hard to navigate.eminoui looks like a cool place with bazaars and interesting shops. last day souvenir run. if she was going to meet taylan on the bridge, on a map it doesnt seem so far. but reports say hes not a suspect. im starting to believe hes not anyway. plus on the net it seems like eminoui has rug shops. and it looks like shes carrying a big bag or box and would explain not carrying her normal purse. the footage getsclipped before she walks off camera. I wonder if there's more we arent being allowed to see. MHO

If you travel down the road on the map a little distance with the water on your left hand side, a little way before a sharp bend in the road there is a sign by three arches in the old wall. The sign says "Donya Vizyonu". To the right of the sign is a path leading to the top of the wall.

Does anyone know if that path is leading to the area where Sarai was found?

I believe she was found after the road turns sharply....after the road turns sharply coming away from the bridge, there is a part of the wall with a flat roof. Just before that point there is a space on the wall with three arches, I believe that is the area she was found.

Is this the same area you were referencing?

Now don't go away mad.

I just don't want you to end up with night terrors from overwork.

Gotta keep our A-team in top-notch shape.

This was Herat's reply to him. It was after midnight Turkish time.

I believe she was found after the road turns sharply....after the road turns sharply coming away from the bridge, there is a part of the wall with a flat roof. Just before that point there is a space on the wall with three arches, I believe that is the area she was found.

Is this the same area you were referencing?

Yes it is. She may have gone up the walls at the area I'm looking at and then walked in the direction of the sharp bend. I wish I could save the shot I'm looking at, but I don't think it's possible.

yeah there is the other instagram contact(s) who are apparently being questioned...again remember we know so very little. I honestly dont think she went to photograph the walls...maybe she'd already been down that road at some point in her trip. hence the walk with purpose-- it doesnt look hard to navigate.eminoui looks like a cool place with bazaars and interesting shops. last day souvenir run. if she was going to meet taylan on the bridge, on a map it doesnt seem so far. but reports say hes not a suspect. im starting to believe hes not anyway. plus on the net it seems like eminoui has rug shops. and it looks like shes carrying a big bag or box and would explain not carrying her normal purse. the footage getsclipped before she walks off camera. I wonder if there's more we arent being allowed to see. MHO

Possibly. But just a couple thoughts to consider. Eminonu is where the spice market it, there are not too many rug sellers in that area, though I can't say there are none. There are far more rug sellers however closer to the grand bazaar, which is in another area, on the golden horn above where she was in eminonu but in the opposite direction serkeci.

Additionally it may be worth noting that rugs inTurkey are not cheap. A 3x5 all wool kilim is about 200 US dollars, a 5x8 100% silk woven rug will run you 2000 US dollars. Because even small rugs are expensive, and given that she was on a limited budget, I'd be inclined to guess she was not in the market for buying a rug.

But who knows for sure.

thats fair, but how do you explain what shes carrying? looks too cumbersome to be some sort of purse. looks like a box or big ikea type bag...or a big blur. baaah. IDK

Possibly. But just a couple thoughts to consider. Eminonu is where the spice market it, there are not too many rug sellers in that area, though I can't say there are none. There are far more rug sellers however closer to the grand bazaar, which is in another area, on the golden horn above where she was in eminonu but in the opposite direction serkeci.

Additionally it may be worth noting that rugs inTurkey are not cheap. A 3x5 all wool kilim is about 200 US dollars, a 5x8 100% silk woven rug will run you 2000 US dollars. Because even small rugs are expensive, and given that she was on a limited budget, I'd be inclined to guess she was in the market for buying a rug.

But who knows for sure.

I was just thinking that maybe she might have wanted to go for a longer walk/hike to get some exercise before having to sit so long in the airplane the next day.

Additionally it may be worth noting that rugs inTurkey are not cheap. A 3x5 all wool kilim is about 200 US dollars, a 5x8 100% silk woven rug will run you 2000 US dollars. Because even small rugs are expensive, and given that she was on a limited budget, I'd be inclined to guess she was in the market for buying a rug.

But who knows for sure.

first trip out of the states so far away and no awesome souvenir? then why question a rug dealer?

first trip out of the states so far away and no awesome souvenir? then why question a rug dealer?

I asked earlier what rug dealers might sell in addition to rugs, but don't think I got an answer. Since she was going home the following day, she might have picked up a gift for her sons/husband, or possible purchased a souvenir of some type. Are there any inexpensive rugs available?

Someone saw SS talking to 4-5 men and taking a card of some kind. The person said they saw her twice with the men/1 or more of the men(?). I don't remember... Could that be the rug dealer who saw her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darla4