GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Sarai is indeed the "red shirt lady" I believe she was on her way to meet someone. In the other videos, she is dressedthe way I would think a street smart young woman from NYC would be...in a new city on her own. Her hair is covered, her jacket closed; it is hard to know whether she is a man or a woman. The point is to NOT call attention to yourself. You are alone in a city far away from any help. You try to just fade into the surroundings. This is what Sarai did.

But not the "red shirt lady." Her beautiful hair and lovely figure are on display. Why? Because that woman is about to meet someone that she wants to impress with her beauty. Maybe they met, maybe not. But if that is Sarai...suddenly she s dressed to call attention to her attractiveness.

Help me with this. I'm having a tough time with the imagery. If she was tossed from a nearby train, how would she have gotten inside the first cave? Even if Z moved her to the 2nd cave (where her body was ultimately found). If her body was tossed from the train, that means someone had to put her in the first cave and then move her to the 2nd cave. Remember LE says she was killed in another cave, about 328 ft from the cave her body was found. They say they realized this when they used luminol in the 1st cave.

How long, exactly, does luminol work? Let's say an animal (or human) was killed in the 1st cave a year ago. Would luminol illuminate the dried blood/fluids from a year ago? Also, what evidence does LE have to show that what the luminol caught is actually from SS, and not a dead animal?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

I think what they said was there was a blood trail from the first cave to the second that they verified with luminol.

And to answer a post you had earlier, I heard a quote the other day that, "Everything is about sex! Except sex - sex is about power."

The closeup photo is taken by the base of the stairs on the waterside of the pedestrian overpass with the wrought iron railing, not far from the Galeta bridge. It it near the dotted line identifying the Uskudar-Eminomu ferry.

She is walking in the direction of the Sarayburnu camera and the walls. This would be consistent with an earlier shot in the sequence of her path.

And I believe that is a chest-high counter for the food kiosk there just at the bottom of the stairs. A counter for getting your food, not a step.:rocker:

The closeup photo is taken by the base of the stairs on the waterside of the pedestrian overpass with the wrought iron railing, not far from the Galeta bridge. It it near the dotted line identifying the Uskudar-Eminomu ferry.

She is walking in the direction of the Sarayburnu camera and the walls. This would be consistent with an earlier shot in the sequence of her path.

And I believe that is a chest-high counter for the food kiosk there just at the bottom of the stairs. A counter for getting your food, not a step.:rocker:

Got it after searching all day! And that suggested "flower pot" is actually a rubbish bin.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is seeing a small tan coloured bag.

I thought the closeup was on the opposite side to the water judging by the traffic (but my sense of direction is not good!). I'm going to go back to look again.

Forgive my next question, I am new to sleuthing. I'm wondering why LE released these pictures when they did. Surely if they had been released earlier someone may have come forward to say they had seen her. Would it be just that the press were baying and the public needed to see that LE are working on the case?

The only new news report I have seen today was to say that the passenger records and video surveillance of the bus station Z supposedly left from have been checked and the officers have returned to Istanbul with them today.

I also read a report about the forensics team working on the case

http://pazarvatan.gazetevatan.com/haberdetay.asp?hkat=1&hid=19983

How did you translate this?

I don't know about those trains but NYC subway trains and ones going upstate have connecting cars, and anyone can step outside from one car to the inside of the other. It could be a person who wouldn't look odd carrying a sack or something large enough to hide a body, maybe a homeless guy or someone disguised as a homeless guy or any sort of person that might look unsuspicious carrying a sack/bag/crate, whatever, and maybe he could have a helper, or just get off at the next stop and doubled back. But quite risky, I'd think and not easy.

We'd need someone familiar with Istanbul to answer the train setups.

And there was also that talk about the lady who saw a car, but I think they dismissed her.
Wait....are you asking/ thinking she was alive on the train and that someone pushed her off?

It did not occur to me to think she was alive on the train....hmm....but i just thought the train passes so close to the cave. Either way, alive or in a bag the injuries might be explained better.....but there would be blood on the tracks if she had been alive then.

The train theory seems REALLY far-fetched to me, but to follow up on it, is this a commuter train? From where to where? And if, as we know, "Z" had to provide some sort of identity (which he falsified) to get a bus ticket, what sort of ID, if any, does one have to provide to ride a train/commuter train in Turkey?

Anyway, seems to me it would be mighty hard to have even a dead body in a bag on a train (anywhere) that weighs 100 lbs. never mind a live one (????), and toss it off at some random spot. And yes, I'm totally familiar with European trains and those spaces in between cars. Still...seems completely impossible.

The train theory seems REALLY far-fetched to me, but to follow up on it, is this a commuter train? From where to where? And if, as we know, "Z" had to provide some sort of identity (which he falsified) to get a bus ticket, what sort of ID, if any, does one have to provide to ride a train/commuter train in Turkey?

Anyway, seems to me it would be mighty hard to have even a dead body in a bag on a train (anywhere) that weighs 100 lbs. never mind a live one (????), and toss it off at some random spot. And yes, I'm totally familiar with European trains and those spaces in between cars. Still...seems completely impossible.

You don't have to provide ID to get a bus ticket. You have to book a seat on a long-distance bus and need to give a name (any name) to go on the ticket. Your ticket then shows your seat number on the bus.

I just think the train theory is too farfetched.

The trains are not far from the station. One would have to get on/off at Serkeci station and there would be surveillance video.

I'm still working on it....but it would not be a 'random' spot, but planned, with an accomplice i suppose. The 'tosser' could be a railway employee.

I just think the train theory is too farfetched.

The trains are not far from the station. One would have to get on/off at Serkeci station and there would be surveillance video.

And a fair few people.

If they were cat calling or whatever - why did she pursue forward in that lonely area? Why would she be walking alone like that after having been in Istanbul for at least one week as a "single" woman - was she not aware she should have turned back to a more populated spot? Just don't comprehend how common sense was not working for a NYC woman?

As a visitor to a foreign city you sometimes don't read the danger signs, they're different from what you may encounter in NYC..in fact they may appear much less dangerous than what you would consider threatening coming from a city like NYC. Even here in the states one can make this same mistake. Take a drive through Compton, LA, initially you may not read the area as dangerous, gang infested or a 'bad neighborhood' because of the single family homes but make no mistake there are killers living in those homes.

The more I look at the videos of the cave (now locked) where the body was found, the more it strikes my how difficult it must have been for a single individual to get her body into it, even though she was petite. It would have taken some time to cram her in there and then take the time to cover the body with the blanket - time that most murderers wouldn't want to waste even if in a remote area in the dark with little likelihood of being seen. I'm the same size as SS, about 5 lbs. heavier, and I imagine it would take either one huge guy (who would have had trouble fitting into that opening, or more than one person, to get me in there.

My EXACT thoughts when I 1st looked at that video. Yes, it took some doing to get her in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member