GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you except...I see Taylan as a user, lurking to score with tourists. Photography is just the tool of the game he is playing. It is almost like keeping score...get this one and move on to the next. It could even have been like a frat house gig where he tried to include some buddies in the game, causing her demise when she refused. Sorry, but by his own actions after the contact with Steven he identified himself as not within the character to care much other than the impact on himself.

By the way, I am new here. Any advise would be appreciated. And I do enjoy your posts.

The only advice I can give is to keep sharing, keep sleuthing! Yours may be the idea that finally moves us forward on this thing!

I agree with your theory if we're assuming for the moment that Taylan is the killer (he's long been my suspect). IMO, the only logical explanation for his behavior immediately following SS' disappearance would be if he either killed her, or knew what had happened to her. The kind of person who's innocent, but refuses to come forward and help look for a missing friend is, IMO, not a good person to know.

I just can't imagine why LE would continue to say this is her if it isn't- not after all this time. It doesn't make sense. By now they would know for sure one way or the other- it's her or it isn't. If it is not her, but they're releasing footage of another woman and saying it's SS, what purpose does that serve?

What if they really think it is her? Or at least think it is until they start seeing our posts questioning it.

But what if it isn't, what if it is a decoy look a like, and it did work to fool them.

I'm not sure....I'm just saying its possible that they keep saying it is because they believe it is, regardless of if it is actually her or not.

Or I guess there is the possibility, that they have already speculated that it is not her, and in order to not scare people away...are intentionally planting the Ziya angle as there focus, rather then have the real focus of their investigation leaked. Just a thought anyway.

Also I think the location in the time stamped 1:30 video is weird, because the location in that footage is most certainly NOT cankurtan, she is next to a building, and where she was found was about a mile away from a road with building going along Kennedy in that direction. So that throws off some of the time sequences of her walk we have been told about up to this point.

So that said, it really makes me question a lot of the things we assumed about the morning if the 21st. Every report of where she was that morning and the time she was there contradicts each other.

If they have 20 videos of her that morning how can there be so much confusion over what time she was where?

Very frustrating.

I just can't imagine why LE would continue to say this is her if it isn't- not after all this time. It doesn't make sense. By now they would know for sure one way or the other- it's her or it isn't. If it is not her, but they're releasing footage of another woman and saying it's SS, what purpose does that serve?

Well, that's the question.....:banghead:

Just as a side note on the body found in the sea around Samatya: There's a serial killer who is killing Armenian women living around Samatya. It was on the papers around the same time when Sarai was missing.

Oh...do you have any link to that please? Thank you.

The thing is that area is really really creepy. I guess I just give SS more credit then wondering into that area alone. I feel like her common sense would kick in and she would just know better. That's the biggest peice of the random attack scenario that doesn't fit a for me. Anyone who has ever been to that spot can tell you, it's not a place anyone with common sense would wonder to alone, no matter how gutsy they are. And I think SS though gutsy, also was savvy and smart, and I just can't see her making herself that vulnerable.

I think this is an important point, for some reason she went to this seedy area probably against her better judgement. I can only two reasons:
1. bravado, fearlessness
2. meeting someone she trusted
IMO 2 is more probable which is why I think Taylan or an IG contact are possible perps.

You could very well be 100% correct, but WHY are LE claiming this is SS ? What if ALL their footage after the food court day (20th) is not SS at all?(which I believe has already been questioned on here)

that footage of the food court and the mall is 1000% definitely SS

look at the length of the hair. SS hair was much longer. and her body is different. That doesn't look like SS I'm sorry. That one and the one where she is in front of that building does not look like her. maybe its just me. I hope they know for sure and not just think this is SS

I hear what you are saying. I agree too, you could not look at those images and say for definite that the lady in them is indeed Sarai.

Maybe there is a reason for their release. A reason relating to the evidence/info LE hold and we the public are not privy to....there is always a reason behind what is released and when by LE.

I just hope behind the scenes justice for Sarai is imminnent.

that footage of the food court and the mall is 1000% definitely SS
Yes, indeed it is SS in the food court.
I'm wondering about the other stuff they say they have after that? the ones not released, except the red shirt person for example.

look at the length of the hair. SS hair was much longer. and her body is different. That doesn't look like SS I'm sorry. That one and the one where she is in front of that building does not look like her. maybe its just me. I hope they know for sure and not just think this is SS

I agree, I'm with you, I hope they do know for sure....because IF it is not her, but it is this footage of a sarai look alike that led them to find her body at that spot....I would say that is more then just a coincidence.

So if LE is 100% sure it is sarai on the footage from the 21st then I hope they have incredibley good reason for believing so, like some proof we just have not been privy to know.....but even if they are only 99% percent sure, and there is even a chance that the footage from the 21st is not sarai, then I hope LE is at least exploring what that could mean as well.

I don't think anyone, especially Sarai, would want the wrong person to go down for this terrible crime against her.

In my opinion, the Eminonu photo does not look like SS to me - SS's face is more oval and the woman in the photo looks a little heavier to me.

I was also wondering if LE has obtained any video footage of TK and SS out together anywhere - whether it was for tea, or a club. I don't think the articles have mentioned anything like that yet. Feels like a missing piece of the puzzle. Hope more info will be coming soon.

I think they believed and may still believe it was her on the video, just like many on this board are confused by it. And I wouldn't blame them. Here in the states many people, especially minorities are behind bars because of mistaken identity. What did the Turkish LE have to go on? Some pictures? If something happened to you in a foreign country and all they had was this picture of you, the LE would be looking for an attractive woman of the age of your photo with your color hair and they might find lots on video. Not an easy task.
Thinkhard makes several good points.

Question is, is the real reason no videos or pictures (other than the one with the flared pants/red shirt) were released because of who that person meets or talks with? Remember the early talk/rumours suggesting Sarai was seen with a 'criminal element?'
Perhaps someone who looked a lot like her was seen with those people.
Does the woman in the river have flared pants? Did Sarai's body have flared pants? This was a high pressure case, tremendous media attention. They began looking for a woman they assumed went missing on the 21st. WHY? Maybe she was killed a day earlier. Perhaps someone in a criminal element also thought river lady was Sarai, if they looked identical and lived around the same area. I wouldn't rule it out and I wouldn't blame the LE for confusion.

I think they believed and may still believe it was her on the video, just like many on this board are confused by it. And I wouldn't blame them. Here in the states many people, especially minorities are behind bars because of mistaken identity. What did the Turkish LE have to go on? Some pictures? If something happened to you in a foreign country and all they had was this picture of you, the LE would be looking for an attractive woman of the age of your photo with your color hair and they might find lots on video. Not an easy task.
Thinkhard makes several good points.

Question is, is the real reason no videos or pictures (other than the one with the flared pants/red shirt) were released because of who that person meets or talks with? Remember the early talk/rumours suggesting Sarai was seen with a 'criminal element?'
Perhaps someone who looked a lot like her was seen with those people.
Does the woman in the river have flared pants? Did Sarai's body have flared pants? This was a high pressure case, tremendous media attention. They began looking for a woman they assumed went missing on the 21st. WHY? Maybe she was killed a day earlier. Perhaps someone in a criminal element also thought river lady was Sarai, if they looked identical and lived around the same area. I wouldn't rule it out and I wouldn't blame the LE for confusion.[/QUOTE
i myself am not blaming LE, and they know what kind of clothes SS was found with: so if they seem to match what the person (s) in the photo(s) seem to be wearing, perhaps 'truth is stranger than fiction' and by complete coincidence more than one woman who was or resembled SS just happened to choose the same kind of outfit at that time.....?

i myself am not blaming LE, and they know what kind of clothes SS was found with: so if they seem to match what the person (s) in the photo(s) seem to be wearing, perhaps 'truth is stranger than fiction' and by complete coincidence more than one woman who was or resembled SS just happened to choose the same kind of outfit at that time.....?

IF, big IF, it isn't Sarai on the 21st videos they will be going back to the 20th.

Or the video is an attempt to get someone in Turkey to identify the woman in the video.
Maybe they were waiting for the funeral so as not to cause the Sierra's anymore painful media coverage. They may already be running parallel investigations for the 20th. I would bet on it. They keep saying they only gave out 5%. I think, whether we ever find out, that they will get the person/people involved. This has cost them too much.

The landlord told them he last saw her on the 20th. It's in writing, here the link:
ABD İstanbul'da kaybolan Sarai Sierra'yı arıyor. - YouTube
(seen at 1:31)

I believe the landlord. I think he's a nice young guy who got pulled into this. He had no reason to lie. Taylan seems like he could be a cassanova, but that doesn't make him a murderer.
Big question is: Who did she meet for lunch/dinner and her activities beginning after the LL last saw her. I'm sure they are looking closely at that.

IF, big IF, it isn't Sarai on the 21st videos they will be going back to the 20th.

Or the video is an attempt to get someone in Turkey to identify the woman in the video.
Maybe they were waiting for the funeral so as not to cause the Sierra's anymore painful media coverage. They may already be running parallel investigations for the 20th. I would bet on it. They keep saying they only gave out 5%. I think, whether we ever find out, that they will get the person/people involved. This has cost them too much.

The landlord told them he last saw her on the 20th. It's in writing, here the link:
ABD İstanbul'da kaybolan Sarai Sierra'yı arıyor. - YouTube
(seen at 1:31)

I believe the landlord. I think he's a nice young guy who got pulled into this. He had no reason to lie. Taylan seems like he could be a cassanova, but that doesn't make him a murderer.
Big question is: Who did she meet for lunch/dinner and her activities beginning after the LL last saw her. I'm sure they are looking closely at that.

Well that evening would be the same evening Taylan claimed to have bathroom sex with her.

A few people here who are familiar with the area by the walls where she ended up have stated that she wouldn't have gone to such an area alone. I looked at information online for travelers to the area, and there are sites recommending touring the walls. One such site (I hope this is the same area!) is:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g293974-d2161587-Reviews-Walls_of_Constantinople_Istanbul_City_Walls-Istanbul.html#REVIEWS

She may have read such a review, and the comments below it, and assumed touring the walls during daylight was a safe thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ouisie