GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe. Whoever that is...words come to mind: broken/defeated/exhausted/depressed....that body language is not a confident happy person IMO.

I don't get that at all out of the body language. I see someone carrying what appears to be a bulky thing, not necessarily heavy, maybe just being tipped by the wind. I even wondered if it could be the red shirt blousing out in a gust.

I don't read any negative body language at all in that. Nor in the closeup still photo.

I went back and read a lot of CMac's and other's posts regarding T. Lot's of points there

F IF IF the sex did happen, and IF IF IF it happened on the 20th, as the unsourced newspapers claim, did it actually take place in a bathroom?

If they were corresponding for 4 months, and if they both had apartments available, why a bathroom?

It seems so....I don't know....random... and filled with hundreds of people's DNA.

I've seen a lot of crime programs. I would hope LE has him her on video coming and leaving said "bar", if it's true.

or witnesses in the bar -- bartender maybe--that could vouch for that claim. im sure LE has questioned people.

in that one video -- if that is sarai, what is she carrying?

I don't get that at all out of the body language. I see someone carrying what appears to be a bulky thing, not necessarily heavy, maybe just being tipped by the wind. I even wondered if it could be the red shirt blousing out in a gust.

I don't read any negative body language at all in that. Nor in the closeup still photo.

You could be right of course.....I guess that's just how i might walk if i felt all those burdensome feelings and also had to carry some big heavy thing, so, maybe it is just subjective perception.
To clarify, (not winning any oscars ) if i was told to walk up there as if plodding or trudging, with a sense of futility and being depressed and also tired, carrying some big thing....well that's how i would do it . Sorry.

Nothing about her seems to portray her as a woman who was even into the club scene: cover charges, high price of drinks, bathroom romps.

On the other hand, I hear there’s a hip arts community in Istanbul; installation artists, street performers, musicians, galleries. I'd think she’d be more drawn to that.

This.

. I would hope LE has him her on video coming and leaving said "bar", if it's true.

I would expect LE has scrupulously documented TaylanK's every movement since her arrival in IST, as well as about every aspect of his life, and his family's too. The undoubtedly searched for documentation of his whereabouts since her disappearance, although he would be much more difficult to pick out of a crowd.

I also assume every possible surveillance camera view of her has been scruitinized since she first set foot in Turkey. Every.Single.Camera.View,Possible.

If the red shirt video was being posted as a BOTL (Be On The Lookout for) message for LE on Jan 31 when the lady was pulled from the sea, then LE was clearly surveying everywhere.

What did LE ever do in the days before ubiquitous surveillance videos and DNA?

I agree. In the first of these two videos, it really looks like the woman with the red shirt is carrying a fairly large boxy thing under her right arm. I can't tell if it's a bag, like a tote bag or actually a rectangular box.

In the close-up still photo, there isn't the same suggestion of a large boxy thing.

Oddly enough, when I first saw that The Big Green Bag was recovered from the apartment, I had the instantaneous flash that the bag she was carrying on Jan 21 was red- red leather bought locally, maybe with some embroidery or embelishments on it, squarish or chunky like a tote bag would be. It was just a thought that wouldn't leave my head.

I'm perplexed as to why the bag in the video is not seen on the still photo.

It looks like she's either carrying a box under her right arm, or she has her hand in her pocket. Maybe she made a purchase between the still and this video since she planned to return home the next day. A souvenir, or maybe a gift for her sons? What things, in addition to rugs, might a rug vendor be selling?

You could be right of course.....I guess that's just how i might walk if i felt all those burdensome feelings and also had to carry some big heavy thing, so, maybe it is just subjective perception.

Maybe because she is walking uphill? The road does seem to have an incline in the direction she is walking.

Do you think they released the video because they were starting to doubt it was her that day, and wanted to use its release, to monitor if other people who saw it had doubts, and or if someone would come forward who did know the woman on video if its not Sarai?

think about it. wasn't it mentioned somewhere that she was found wearing the same clothes that she was wearing at the mall that day? Those recent photos and videos are CLEARLY not the same clothes.

Absolutely, you're right, and it does bring CMac's "raise fists" back into the picture.

But he may have only been with her, if his DNA was not under her nails, so my point is that if he was with her, for any reason, bar, tea, etc, where did she go afterward?

Could she have gone somewhere else or started home and was followed?

Of course she still might be that woman on the video.
This is all speculation just in case she wasn't.
Her family would know best if it was her on the pics for the 21st, not LE, not us, as we seem quite confused.

MOO

I wish we knew what the family thought, in regards to the footage from the 21st being SS or not.

Also I was following your train of thought, and was thinking what if Taylan and Sarai were together at a bar on the 20th....I can't remember now where it was written but in one media report, supposedly Taylan even brought LE to the bar they ate at, and even pointed out the table they sat at....does anyone else remember reading that?

Anyway regardless of whether the bathroom sex is true....(meaning both if it happened and if he said it) ... Maybe Taylan and SS never parted ways that night. What if they did go back to her apartment (did LE ever check for the presence of his DNA there?) or to his, or to his car.....maybe they did have sex (maybe the didn't) but maybe it wasnt in the bathroom, maybe it was else where. Maybe (a big maybe) SS died the night of the 20th in Taylans company.

I wish we knew what the family thought, in regards to the footage from the 21st being SS or not.

Also I was following your train of thought, and was thinking what if Taylan and Sarai were together at a bar on the 20th....I can't remember now where it was written but in one media report, supposedly Taylan even brought LE to the bar they ate at, and even pointed out the table they sat at....does anyone else remember reading that?

Anyway regardless of whether the bathroom sex is true....(meaning both if it happened and if he said it) ... Maybe Taylan and SS never parted ways that night. What if they did go back to her apartment (did LE ever check for the presence of his DNA there?) or to his, or to his car.....maybe they did have sex (maybe the didn't) but maybe it wasnt in the bathroom, maybe it was else where. Maybe (a big maybe) SS died the night of the 20th in Taylans company.

it just doesn't fit together. I still think taylan is suspect, but LE hasnt said anything about him.Ive also thought could taylan have paid to have her killed for cheap by the homeless guy? but that seems crazy too.

I would expect LE has scrupulously documented TaylanK's every movement since her arrival in IST, as well as about every aspect of his life, and his family's too. The undoubtedly searched for documentation of his whereabouts since her disappearance, although he would be much more difficult to pick out of a crowd.

I also assume every possible surveillance camera view of her has been scruitinized since she first set foot in Turkey. Every.Single.Camera.View,Possible.

If the red shirt video was being posted as a BOTL (Be On The Lookout for) message for LE on Jan 31 when the lady was pulled from the sea, then LE was clearly surveying everywhere.

What did LE ever do in the days before ubiquitous surveillance videos and DNA?

Herat, I so agree your high estimation of LE. I think they have and are still very involved in this investigation, looking under every stone, considering every.single.possibility. I also think they are smart and wise enough to not give away the 95% they know.

Thus we sleuth on and come up with theories.....

Surveillence and DNA will definitely help to crack this case.

think about it. wasn't it mentioned somewhere that she was found wearing the same clothes that she was wearing at the mall that day? Those recent photos and videos are CLEARLY not the same clothes.

Hey Krys I think I must be missing your point. Can you explain what it is you are trying to say.

Are you emphasizing that it is less likely the video footage is her, because those aren't the same clothes?

I'm clearly just missing the point, and I want to make sure im clear on what you are pointing out.

it just doesn't fit together. I still think taylan is suspect, but LE hasnt said anything about him.Ive also thought could taylan have paid to have her killed for cheap by the homeless guy? but that seems crazy too.

Can you explain in what ways it doesn't fit together for you?

I'm asking so we can explore the different possibilities, not because I'm taking it personally. Thanks!

Hey Krys I think I must be missing your point. Can you explain what it is you are trying to say.

Are you emphasizing that it is less likely the video footage is her, because those aren't the same clothes?

I'm clearly just missing the point, and I want to make sure im clear on what you are pointing out.

thinkhard, do we know that she was found with the mall outfit?

Can you explain in what ways it doesn't fit together for you?

I'm asking so we can explore the different possibilities, not because I'm taking it personally. Thanks!

I meant as far as we know taylan has been cleared, correct? but his actions and comments are wishy washy. he was the last person seen with her...its hard for me to get him off the table just yet.

and I wasnt discounting your post - the contrary - it doesnt fit with reports from LE...assuming hes been let off the hook.

Although Taylan has never been a suspect for me, early on I considered that maybe they had spent the night together. I read that he took LE to the bar etc and that he had walked her home. LE have consistently said that he is not a suspect and I believe they probably have camera evidence of him leaving the area.

Although Taylan has never been a suspect for me, early on I considered that maybe they had spent the night together. I read that he took LE to the bar etc and that he had walked her home. LE have consistently said that he is not a suspect and I believe they probably have camera evidence of him leaving the area.

and didnt she text her sis the next morning? which would be inconsistent with her having died on the 20th. we have gone in so many directions im forgetting stuff now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487