GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, i did wonder yesterday if she either took his picture inadvertently, while he was 'doing private business', or.....if she herself 'had to go' and that prompted the rape scenario?

I knew I'd seen this some place. So, it was you.

Have I been paraphrasing others' theories from the very beginning?

:waitasec:

LE is worried that someone else will sacrifice themselves for a mentally disturbed homeless guy from the hinterlands?

I think none of this is making sense to LE either and Z is just the most proximate perp.

Well, not only that, but it also helps checking accomplices' stories.

I think the driver's license and earrings were left because the perp felt they could easily trace him to the decedent. Possibly through prior experience or stories from friends about trying to fence jewelry.

I think the cell phone was taken because the perp thought it had photos of him. The I-pad was likely in the purse/bag and likely taken inadvertantly.

She was somewhat careful in that she had left cash and her passport in the apartment, so she may not have been carrying much more than the cash for a meal, her driver's license, and the I-pad in a small bag or purse.

I'm not sure how her jewelry would immediately trace him to sarai. Gold is sooo easy to sell in Istanbul, you just bring the gold to the gold trader (there just these little booths all over the grand bazaar) and that days gold prices are listed everywhere in lightened signs, you just drop it off, they way it, do the calculation based on weight, percentage gold, and that days gold prices, hand you your cash, and done. They barely even look at you. That gold is taken and melted down within days, maybe less.

O/T when you buy gold jewelry in Istanbul they do he pricing based on that days gold prices and add on the tiniest bit for craftsman ship.

Anyway I just don't see the perp feeling gold being easily tracable back to him, when its so quick to sell, and the evidence would have been melted down so quickly.

As far as the iPad I just don't see her taking pictures of people, even accidentally. Her husband had talked about how she took so much time figuring out the ankle of her photos. I feel like someone tha detailed would have noticed what she's capturing including people

I'm not sure how her jewelry would immediately trace him to sarai.

As far as the iPad I just don't see her taking pictures of people, even accidentally. Her husband had talked about how she took so much time figuring out the ankle of her photos. I feel like someone tha detailed would have noticed what she's capturing including people

Having to make an instant decision about the earrings, he might think photos of clothing and jewelrywould be broadcast by police.

The perp wouldn't know her photographic history. Person with camera= my photo might be on there.

I'm thinking I-pad was not found until contents of bag examined.

I'm not sure how her jewelry would immediately trace him to sarai......

OMG, ThinkHard, you are like a travel guide.

Anyway, I agree with you.

I doubt that traceability was the motive to leave it behind.

Even if so, hanging on to them for a while and having time to think about it would be better.

He could have always thrown them into the sea.

Whoever did this wanted all jewelry to be found with the body. And the driver's license was there, too.

Having to make an instant decision about the earrings, he might think photos of clothing and jewelrywould be broadcast by police.

The perp wouldn't know her photographic history. Person with camera= my photo might be on there.

Someone earlier was sceptical about ANYONE wanting to remove earrings from someone so badly disfigured. Whoever did this has to have a strong stomach, be totally hardened to horror, but I doubt even 'he' would want to look at the victim any more than necessary.
I always wondered about the 'being killed by a single blow to the head': how many people would know exactly how to do that unless they perhaps had experience, say with slaughtering animals, or had learned that technique somewhere.
Or is that not a true report ?

I'm not sure how her jewelry would immediately trace him to sarai. Gold is sooo easy to sell in Istanbul, you just bring the gold to the gold trader (there just these little booths all over the grand bazaar) and that days gold prices are listed everywhere in lightened signs, you just drop it off, they way it, do the calculation based on weight, percentage gold, and that days gold prices, hand you your cash, and done. They barely even look at you. That gold is taken and melted down within days, maybe less.

O/T when you buy gold jewelry in Istanbul they do he pricing based on that days gold prices and add on the tiniest bit for craftsman ship.

Anyway I just don't see the perp feeling gold being easily tracable back to him, when its so quick to sell, and the evidence would have been melted down so quickly.

Even though this is interesting information it is creating a false impression of the situation with Gold IMO.

As I posted earlier, people in this part of the world would consider an American gold necklace garbage. A gold necklace that costs about $100 here in the states would most likely sell for less than $5 in Turkey and other parts of the world where the standard is 22 or 24 karat gold.

They would never buy it and try to sell it as is, because no one would buy it. Even a very poor person would rather wear nothing than 18 karat gold. The dealers would only buy it and melt it down. It would simply be worth the "weight in gold."

I doubt a thief would waste his time on one ring and one necklace.

If I'm wrong about this I'd like our Turkish friends to chime in and correct me.

Perhaps. But I feel like this case is more then just a crazy who had an episode over camera phone. To much just doesn't fit. For only knowing 5% of what LE knows, and it still feels like we have too many pieces for this puzzle to fit that scenario.

Enter CIA

So, has anyone seen this article or anything like this? The title is "CIA is looking for Ziya, the Laz". I couldn't check the posts. Translating seemed easier. Sorry if redundant.

http://haber.gazetevatan.com/cia-laz--ziyanin-pesinde/516027/7/yasam

Only new info is

- Ziya made it across the Syria border
- LE informed CIA and provided Ziya's ID info and photo
- CIA agents are trying to locate Ziya in Syria

Stuff we already know:

- Parking lot attendant Mahmut G. tells LE that Ziya had scracth marks on his face
- LE learned that Ziya went to hometown, Karabuk
- The towel, pillow and quilt used by Ziya (in Karabuk) is taken by LE for inspection
- Hair on pillow matches blood on SS's shirt

I don't know. It might be exactly as the latest newspaper reports say. That she is the girl on the video who goes walking to a bad place and gets killed because she made a bad decision.

Or maybe she made a bad decision on the evening of 20th and that got her killed. Maybe it's as simple as going to someone's home that night and they say 'hey look at the pretty view from my balcony' and she leans over and accidentally falls, or they have sex and afterward she trips and hits her head....and the guy, panics and thinks, *****, I'm gonna get in so much trouble since so and so saw her with me, and he then sets something in motion; dumping the body in area he thinks is a good hiding place, and tipping off the cops that she was seen in that area?
The texting would simply give him an alibi.

It reminds me of the clean cut kid in Aruba who was last seen with a young girl tourist who went missing. Years later some PI claimed the real story was that they had sex, she had a seizure and he thought she was dead, so he panicked and disposed of the body. Though I think the kid later denied saying it.
Of course, years later, as a tourist, he killed a girl in a Peru hotel, and denied it but videos helped him get caught the 2nd time.

So many variables...

STill, if they have blood DNA evidence associated with Z, he has to be the guy, no? Maybe not the only one, but involved. And I still think the Turkish police would know a lot more about him and this case than they are permitting anyone to know.

I really really really want to know more about that SKYPE calls to the US.

Can any one of you guys over in the US use your connections to find out more about these calls?

Thanks in advance!

:tyou:

Even though this is interesting information it is creating a false impression of the situation with Gold IMO.

As I posted earlier, people in this part of the world would consider an American gold necklace garbage. A gold necklace that costs about $100 here in the states would most likely sell for less than $5 in Turkey and other parts of the world where the standard is 22 or 24 karat gold.

They would never buy it and try to sell it as is, because no one would buy it. Even a very poor person would rather wear nothing than 18 karat gold. The dealers would only buy it and melt it down. It would simply be worth the "weight in gold."

I doubt a thief would waste his time on one ring and one necklace.

If I'm wrong about this I'd like our Turkish friends to chime in and correct me.

You are mistaken when applying this knowledge to Turkey. Though Turkish gold is marked differently .585 vs 14k , gold is still gold, and they buy any type of gold, 14 k gold is quite common in jewelry in turkey. The price you sell it for is a calculation not only by weight (Troy ounce) but also by the percentage. The gold prices change daily, the prices listed are 100% 24k (slightly less then 100 percent as no gold can be that much its would be too weak to hold a shape 24 k is closer to 98% I think he marking is .985).

So they figure out the weight in grams, convert it to Troy ounces, then multiple that amount by that days gold prices, the by percentage gold it is is 14k or .585 gold is 58.5% gold.

I hope that made sense. My point is whatever that days gold price, which is an INTERNATIONAL worldwide daily gold price is the same no matter what country your in. A Troy ounce of 14k gold is the same value no matter what country your in. And in turkey at least 14 k gold is not something a gold buying wouldn't buy back. It is very common.

Enter CIA

So, has anyone seen this article or anything like this? The title is "CIA is looking for Ziya, the Laz". I couldn't check the posts. Translating seemed easier. Sorry if redundant.

http://haber.gazetevatan.com/cia-laz--ziyanin-pesinde/516027/7/yasam

Only new info is

- Ziya made it across the Syria border
- LE informed CIA and provided Ziya's ID info and photo
- CIA agents are trying to locate Ziya in Syria

Stuff we already know:

- Parking lot attendant Mahmut G. tells LE that Ziya had scracth marks on his face
- LE learned that Ziya went to hometown, Karabuk
- The towel, pillow and quilt used by Ziya (in Karabuk) is taken by LE for inspection
- Hair on pillow matches blood on SS's shirt

Whaaaat? The CIA are looking for a homeless garbage man? The CIA? The CIA? Is that really true...I can't believe this.

You are mistaken when applying this knowledge to Turkey. Though Turkish gold is marked differently .585 vs 14k , gold is still gold, and they buy any type of gold, 14 k gold is quite common in jewelry in turkey. The price you sell it for is a calculation not only by weight (Troy ounce) but also by the percentage. The gold prices change daily, the prices listed are 100% 24k (slightly less then 100 percent as no gold can be that much its would be too weak to hold a shape 24 k is closer to 98% I think he marking is .985).

So they figure out the weight in grams, convert it to Troy ounces, then multiple that amount by that days gold prices, the by percentage gold it is is 14k or .585 gold is 58.5% gold.

I hope that made sense. My point is whatever that days gold price, which is an INTERNATIONAL worldwide daily gold price is the same no matter what country your in. A Troy ounce of 14k gold is the same value no matter what country your in. And in turkey at least 14 k gold is not something a gold buying wouldn't buy back. It is very common.

I didn't say 14 karat gold and again, I think you are mistaken.

A gold necklace would sell for its WEIGHT IN GOLD. That is what I wrote. Essentially the weight of a necklace and the weight of the ring would be a few dollars at best.

I'd like a TURKISH poster to correct me if I am wrong.

14 karat gold is garbage in Turkey and most other parts of the world in that region.

It may be used for cheap jewelry. So the fact that this woman had a necklace or ring on is not enough for someone to want to take them to sell them.

The earrings perhaps had diamonds and the person considered those and then dropped them back down.

And yes btw the logic about the malleability of 24 karat gold is well understood. Take a look around the world and you will see that women from the US usually wear cheaper gold if they are "ordinary people."

In this part of the world most women would want 22 or 24 (obviously not total) karat gold. I don't think they'd even consider wearing 14 karat gold. MAYBE 18 karat.

Or maybe she made a bad decision on the evening of 20th and that got her killed.

:yesss:

Yes, yes, yes.

Makes so much sense.

And that makes my deliberately missing the rendezvous with TK theory still valid.

I do something similar when I am invited for a job interview

I deliberately set a meeting at the exact time that I am expected for the interview at the other company and I either call in sick or make up some other excuse

Nobody gets suspicious, neither manager nor subordinates. Not that I'd care but they don't make assumptions and gossip.

After all who especially sets a meeting that he is planning to miss?

We are dealing with a perp as smart as I am.

Then why is he still on the loose?

Yet another odd thing!

Someone earlier was sceptical about ANYONE wanting to remove earrings from someone so badly disfigured. Whoever did this has to have a strong stomach, be totally hardened to horror, but I doubt even 'he' would want to look at the victim any more than necessary.
I always wondered about the 'being killed by a single blow to the head': how many people would know exactly how to do that unless they perhaps had experience, say with slaughtering animals, or had learned that technique somewhere.
Or is that not a true report ?

We do not know anything credible about the autopsy report other than she died from head trauma.

It could be one blow. It could be several. We would have to have much more specific information to be drawing conclusions from this.

My guess is that there were several blows of similar intensity and some of them were on the face.

Whaaaat? The CIA are looking for a homeless garbage man? The CIA? The CIA? Is that really true...I can't believe this.

Well, that's what the paper says.

So, there is a 10-15% chance that it is true.

We do not know anything credible about the autopsy report other than she died from head trauma.

It could be one blow. It could be several. We would have to have much more specific information to be drawing conclusions from this.

My guess is that there were several blows of similar intensity and some of them were on the face.

Actually, we know a little bit more. There was one serious (deadly) blow to the skull. (Check out the below article. It is in English)

“There is one serious injury on the left side of her head,” said Ülgütol, refuting reports of multiple injuries.

http://www.todayszaman.com/news-306006-police-refute-medias-questionable-claims-about-sarai-sierra.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member