GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was this movie: A Guy Thing

The woman's fiance is attacked by her former boyfriend, who is a cop.

The woman, unaware of this, calls the police. But her fiance is afraid to give a description of the guy, so he describes a fictional assailant with weird facial features and ginger-dreadlocks. The police catches a man fitting the exact same description.

This case is turning into something of that sort.

A crime committed by a perp with a very inconsistent, hard to find criminal behavior pattern.

Sounds to me as though LE just throws things about to see what may stick. I am not sure they have any real idea who killed her.

I cannot get out of my head that it was mentioned in Turk paper (sorry no link) that she may have met boarder house man (NOT landlord), who she had inet contact with. Maybe went to club, and then bad things happened. Maybe even went to his house? willingly to compare vs her current basement rental. To compare perhaps for next trip. Just my theory.

And how does this link up with an attack behind the walls with a rock?

And how does this link up with an attack behind the walls with a rock?

Well LE had suggested that she was attacked somewhere else and then taken to the walls.
Is it possible that SS was in fact a victim of the 'drugged cookie/tea' scenario someone posted a link to a while back?
Is it possible that the broken fingers happened before the murder as some kind of 'persuasion' to do or participate in, or refrain from something?
In other words, she could have been alive , possibly hurt, and not thinking logically, BEFORE she finally got killed.

That is so true. Nobody does anything alone. There is this natural tendency to group in order to satisfy some primitive sense of protection. Perhaps an eastern thing.

Whenever I am having coffee alone, people assume that I'm a tourist.

And when they learn that I'm Turkish, they ask where in Turkey I come from.

It's like going to Buckingham Palace and asking the Queen "do you live here?"

Maybe that's an exaggeration.

That is very true, I think one of the noticeable differences from Turkish to American culture, is that even the men seem to travel in groups. Driving on the highway you turn and you see cars full of all men. You rarely see that in the states. Of course in Istanbul there is also the men's only places where the play backgammon and that tablets game that I never learned. But yes even groups of men, men of all ages, all together, in groups... You just don't see that in the same way in the US. Not saying men to do all men group activities together, its just not the same as it is in Turkey.

I'm asking this because I can't keep a record of what we have discussed in the previous threads anymore. Has anyone here mentioned the text on SS's sister in law's instagram account where she mentioned that SS was headed to the Anatolian side on the day she was missed her flight. She must have told this info either to her best friend Maggie or her husband.

Do we know her flight time?

We don't know a definite flight time.

I had read something about her mentioning to family that she was going to the Asian side that day too. But she didn't seem to actually have any intention of going there, near as we can tell from her supposed route that morning.

Is FBI still covering this case? Since it's very clear that we can't rely on the press why aren't they making any official statements? Is that a normal pattern, I mean do they make a statement when they solve the case?

We don't know a definite flight time.

I had read something about her mentioning to family that she was going to the Asian side that day too. But she didn't seem to actually have any intention of going there, near as we can tell from her supposed route that morning.

Because when she (sister in law) first posted the missing alert, she says below the photo "she was headed to the asian side and did not have her passport on her."

Well LE had suggested that she was attacked somewhere else and then taken to the walls.
Is it possible that SS was in fact a victim of the 'drugged cookie/tea' scenario someone posted a link to a while back?
Is it possible that the broken fingers happened before the murder as some kind of 'persuasion' to do or participate in, or refrain from something?
In other words, she could have been alive , possibly hurt, and not thinking logically, BEFORE she finally got killed.

LE has stated she was attacked behind the walls and they have the rock used as a weapon at the site.

I will assume the rock is of the same material that is lying around all over the place at that site and not apparently different in composition.

Because when she (sister in law) first posted the missing alert, she says below the photo "she was headed to the asian side and did not have her passport on her."

Ha what did her sister think shed need her passport to cross to the Asian side!....why can I actually see someone thinking that....

Is FBI still covering this case? Since it's very clear that we can't rely on the press why aren't they making any official statements? Is that a normal pattern, I mean do they make a statement when they solve the case?

The FBI may not have the authority to announce much of anything about the case, since it is technically out of their jurisdiction, I'm pretty sure they are just there to help, but are not running the show.

LE has stated she was attacked behind the walls and they have the rock used as a weapon at the site.

I will assume the rock is of the same material that is lying around all over the place at that site and not apparently different in composition.

Do you mean they updated the bit about being killed somewhere else? You do sound a bit annoyed.

Ha what did her sister think shed need her passport to cross to the Asian side!....why can I actually see someone thinking that....

No, she was not mentioning the passport to cross to the Asian side:) I think what she meant was she didn't make her flight, she was missing and they probably learned from her landlord that her passport is in the room.

Yes, i know you are joking :)
I mentioned that someone said could it be a small rug only to demonstrate that whatever the person was carrying, it didn't look like a 'brown bag' to me, on the blurry video. I was asking if there is a better version of the video that I had not seen.
The still photo of someone who might or might not be SS, shows a red shirt,leathery type jacket and bell bottom blue pants. The walking video of someone who might or might not be SS shows a similar outfit. I did not see a photo with jacket slung over shoulder, nor tied around waist.
The red shirt woman was pulled from the sea on Feb. 1st. I believe (?), and supposed body of SS found Feb 2nd.
Even if the 2 camera evidences of a red shirt, long hair lady turned out to actually be the 'woman from the sea', (mistakenly thought to be photos of SS) who died coincidentally to SS we are still going round in circles.
The identity of the drowned lady is never mentioned, 2 witnesses supposedly saw that person jump from a bridge.......I turn the page and find
the whole next chapter has been torn out of the book.....[
/QUOTE]

I vote this best quote so far. :crazy:

I spent some time going back to the early part of the case when posters were linking to and discussing stuff when she was just missing, then reading all your latest posts.
I can see it being Ziya, who I’ll call ‘Z’ or an unknown I'll call ‘X’, (since everyone is presumed innocent until proven guilty). Turkish LE would know much more than we do about Z, and he may be much much different than we are imagining. Seemingly harmless but clever.

The early information in the texts sent from her phone/Ipad about having, or not having wireless, (still not sure about why one needs wireless) so please answer this question : why wireless? could wireless be a factor if she tried to text or use an IPDad in the are where she was walking or where she found? Or if X wanted it to look like she was going to be sending a text (at 4:20) from a certain area?
Monday, Jan 21, 9:20in New York was 4:20 PM on Istanbul time:

1)“The last time anyone had talked with her was on Monday at 9:20 a.m”
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/01/26/new-york-woman-missing-turkey/1867125/
(4:20 pm in Istanbul?)

2)“During her trip, she stayed in constant contact with her family through Skype and instant messages. But besides a brief message to her sister on Monday morning that read "I'll be home tomorrow. Yay!" the family hasn't heard anything since that day. "Something didn't strike me well to begin with on Monday. We stayed in touch the entire trip, and then it just stopped," Sierra said”. http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2013/01/staten_island_woman_goes_missi.html

3) "The last we heard from my wife was Monday morning on the 21st. She had spoken with her sister and the last thing she said was, 'I'm coming home tomorrow,' and she was excited and put a little smiley face at the end of her statement," said Steven Sierra in an interview with CNN earlier this week. http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/02/world/turkey-missing-woman
I'll finish in next post

I read up on a few cases of killers who took the victim's phone. The purpose is:
1) make people think victim is still alive
2) give themselves an alibi.
One thing in common with all these cases is that the killers knew their victims enough or by reading their earlier texts knew how to make the texts sound believable (in good English) and that the texts were carefully thought out, worded and short, not long paragraphs.

The short text about meeting in a vague area (bridge) with lots of people, as opposed to specific area (restaurant) where someone might remember a meeting taking place between SS and X.

WS Post 1786 Thinkhard posted” It says on the 21st she was seen at Galata bridge at 1130....but earlier reports have her at the tower at this point....also she messaged Taylan from the tower at 11:33. I also thought it was weird that she had been at the tower on an earlier date (before the Amsterdam /Munich trip), but then via her message to Taylan was there again on the 21st? Why would a tourist visit the same site twice, when there is so much to see.”

Thinkhard, Herat,Yashim, or any of you who are familiar with the area keep saying it was not a comfortable place to walk.

Some say it doesn't look like her on the video. Some say it does. The grainy video and sunglasses make it difficult to see facial features. Posters pointed out her coat has shiny thing, purse on wrong side, pants not the usual.

Yashim sees a staged setting with jewelry and ear phones redlady carrying a brown bag, others see her carrying 'something'.
Early reports(can't find them) describe her as walking like she knew where she was going, not wandering and taking pics like a tourist.

THard, I'm begining to think your theory is not so hard to believe, your idea of a decoy at first seemed highly improbable as it would involve too many people and a boy from good family who is unlikely to kill, a rich daddy, all a bit too risky, really hard to believe, as SRose pointed out.

But what if the girl in red walking, seen in 20 videos, actually was a decoy, but didn't know it, if fact knew nothing? What if she was chosen by X or Z because she resembled Sarai and paid to take a specific walk? In other words, Sarai is already dead and probably already dumped before the first text is sent, and but X wants to make sure she is seen going to her place where she will be found. X will also make sure he has an alibi for the time she is seen walking and for the period when texts are sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daisy82504