GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe what anyone is saying anymore. All we know is somebody's dead. And assuming the Turkish medical examiner followed the "suspicious deaths" protocol of identifying a dead body, it is SS.

Has Hürriyet ever quoted Turkish LE with something that turned out false?
They seem to have held back a lot, possibly to misdirect suspects. But I tend to believe this if they said it. I was waiting for witnesses to turn up ...

Has Hürriyet ever quoted Turkish LE with something that turned out false?
They seem to have held back a lot, possibly to misdirect suspects. But I tend to believe this if they said it. I was waiting for witnesses to turn up ...

Hurriyet has been a follower so far. I am surprised that they are one of the first to report this.

The witnesses said SS also shot some pictures of them. Then they "heard a scream that could shatter the city walls".

And they did nothing? Shame on them.

Hurriyet has been a follower so far. I am surprised that they are one of the first to report this.

The witnesses said SS also shot some pictures of them. Then they "heard a scream that could shatter the city walls".

And they did nothing? Shame on them.

Thanks Yashim, is that a different translation of the same account, or a different account entirely?

That is so true. Nobody does anything alone. There is this natural tendency to group in order to satisfy some primitive sense of protection. Perhaps an eastern thing.

Whenever I am having coffee alone, people assume that I'm a tourist.

And when they learn that I'm Turkish, they ask where in Turkey I come from.

It's like going to Buckingham Palace and asking the Queen "do you live here?"

Maybe that's an exaggeration.

Yashim, let me breathe in between these, right? You've had me rolling for five minutes with your comments.:floorlaugh: (Thanks) :floorlaugh:

He said there was a loud screaming and nobody ran to that place? Odd, odd, odd...

Thanks Yashim, is that a different translation of the same account, or a different account entirely?

It is from the Turkish version of the same newspaper Hurriyet.

http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/gundem/22633233.asp

They probably didn't want to translate verbatim.

I tried to translate as much as possible. "A scream that echoed between the city walls." Perhaps this is what they said. A very very loud scream, I'd think.

It is from the Turkish version of the same newspaper Hurriyet.

http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/gundem/22633233.asp

They probably didn't want to translate verbatim.

I tried to translate as much as possible. "A scream that echoed between the city walls." Perhaps this is what they said. A very very loud scream, I'd think.

Oh thank you. ...and how horrible..
So she also had taken pictures of some people there, which was not in the translation....possibly Z (if it was him) was doing some 'private business' and she did not notice him until too late.

Ziya has never been charged with anything. So, one day he says "That's it, no more Mr. Nice Homeless Guy, I'm gonna kill someone today, make her face unrecognizable and place her driver's license next to her, and just skype with my buddy in the US."

I believed in so many absurdities to be true in the case, I'm willing to wait until they get Ziya, hopefully alive.
I got this from reading Truman Capote’s “In Cold Blood”.

It’s based on two parolees who killed a whole family. In this story, the calmest of the two was the one who actually pushed the idea, though it got out of hand in the end.

Sometimes when you get two people of similar demeanor together, they can form a third personality, apart from their own.

This third personality can make them capable of murder, if the right pressures and circumstances exist.

One can be calmer than the other, but if pushed toward a certain direction, they can become accomplices of anything.

Just like the least violent criminal--or Handcock I think was his name--pulled the trigger to kill the rest of the family.

So maybe this Ziya character has no criminal record, but whoever he was keeping company with probably pressured him into commiting his first crime.

There was a motive in there too. But in this case, it can be anything.

It's a good thing "Z" only showed up at his family's home "every two or three years" or they might've found him attached to that hair! I guess he made more than just a quick stop at the house, as we were made to believe from sister and brother's testimony. He made sure to find a safe spot to watch the news and find out if the LE was on to him yet, take a nap, get the money and run. From the comments it didn't seem that the brother wanted to protect him (the sister perhaps), but I believe they both knew he did it. And still helped him run. If it was him. *insane smile*

possibly Z (if it was him) was doing some 'private business' and she did not notice him until too late.

Perhaps it was several of the vagrants engaged in "private business" who perceived they were being photographed.

It could explain the overkill in terms of damaging the face- so she couldn't "see" or "tell".

Perhaps it was several of the vagrants engaged in "private business" who perceived they were being photographed.

It could explain the overkill in terms of damaging the face- so she couldn't "see" or "tell".

Yes, and then this act--- let's see how YOU like being caught your YOUR pants down -- the humiliation, would make sense (literally or figuratively speaking).

Yes, and then this act--- let's see how YOU like being caught your YOUR pants down -- the humiliation, would make sense (literally or figuratively speaking).

Her pants were down because it was an attempted rape, a sexual assault.

He took her phone and ipad because she had pictures of him.

Timeline is that he went to home village for about three days. So that was probably until the 25th. Ipad turned on the 30th and 31st. Had he already gotten rid of them? Where was he? Was he in Syria by that time? Could he sell them in Syria?

As far as I can recall, there was never a crime of this type, like 3 crimes combined into one.

LE having so much difficulty locating an ordinary guy like Ziya.

Timeline is that he went to home village for about three days. So that was probably until the 25th. Ipad turned on the 30th and 31st. Had he already gotten rid of them? Where was he? Was he in Syria by that time? Could he sell them in Syria?

Definitely some other people were involved in some stages of the crime.

Th skype call will remain as a mystery.

Why would a homeless guy leave the country? Why not hide in a cave some place else? And Syria?

If it was an attempted rape (gang rape?) possibly she got 'taken short' and was doing 'private business' of her own?

Right, rape intent would be the logical conclusion for her pants being down. But how could a woman of Sarai's size foil a rape attempt? even by one attacker of Z's size, let alone more than one person? And it could even have been done after she was hurt or deceased, but it wasn't...

Ziya has never been charged with anything. So, one day he says "That's it, no more Mr. Nice Homeless Guy, I'm gonna kill someone today, make her face unrecognizable and place her driver's license next to her, and just skype with my buddy in the US."

I believed in so many absurdities to be true in the case, I'm willing to wait until they get Ziya, hopefully alive.

That is weird - yes -or maybe he just snapped? Placing the driver's license next to her - mmmm - why?

Right, rape intent would be the logical conclusion for her pants being down. But how could a woman of Sarai's size foil a rape attempt? even by one attacker of Z's size, let alone more than one person? And it could even have been done after she was hurt or deceased, but it wasn't...

There were a lot of defensive wounds on her so she fought back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jseikel