GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't quite understand. Whose hair did they collect from his home in Karabuk? His or someone elses? For those of you who are more scientifically minded than I am, would hair from a sibling match a blood sample?

Lastly, this theory suggests she was killed somewhere else, (by accident or on purpose and the person panicked, or maybe if he had it planned from the beginning) but X is smart enough to realize that forensics might find fibers or something on her clothes, so he removes/discards them and dumps her body in an area he is familiar with. This guy would have to know where the cameras are placed and not placed. He also has to know she might have planned on meeting T the next day , maybe he read it in her phone/Ipad, (unless he is T?) He keeps the phone and/or Ipad to set his alibi, and hires a woman to walk, or deliver (redlady) a bag to drop off, something to bring to the scene, clothing jewelry, pants, license and lady in red know nothing about what she’s carrying.

If it's X, he will stage it to look like "Z". But it could very well be Z, who may have initially seemed like a nice guy or pretended to be someone else and lured her into a place, and attacked her but didn’t realize his DNA could be found under her nails and apparently now on her shirt. Especially if X or Z did it before and wasn’t caught. Or X and Z.,
Just one of our many theories, and the sleuthing goes on….LOL

I don't quite understand. Whose hair did they collect from his home in Karabuk? His or someone elses? For those of you who are more scientifically minded than I am, would hair from a sibling match a blood sample?

According to the local papers, his own hair on a pillow at his home in Karabuk.

I am betting there won't be any connection. This was something else. Those were rapes. This is murder but no rape.

Murders sometimes happen before a rape can take place. Sometimes the victim's fight results in death before the act of rape.

If Z is mentally unstable how is he able to plan his escape from Hatay to Syria? I strongly think that somebody is helping him to find the means to escape in order to get rid of the number-one suspect/ evidence.

The entire intent of her trip to Istanbul is odd
Her choice of contacts on this trip appear odd
Her side trip to Ams/Munich is odd
Her accomodation situation is odd
Her activities on Jan 21 seem odd in that they appear to deviate from prior activities

However, the attack appears entirely random to me and the concealment appears a plausible consequence of the attack by a mentally disturbed, but of normal intelligence and normal functional capacity individual.

A few random thoughts:

1. It looks like it will turn out that Z did kill her, due to his blood on her shirt and his DNA under her fingernails. The crime also took place in his neighborhood, where she was last seen.

2. I'm sure they did identify SS's body in ways other than the husband looking at her poor battered face, since this is such a high profile case. (If theory is SS's husband is in on it (i.e. insurance scam) and the body is not her's...can not believe a parent would put their children through that, and you couldn't trust the children to tell them.).

3. I believed SS dressed up in the hopes of meeting Taylan.

4. The video of her walking near the walls in her red shirt: I think there's distortion on the edges of the film where, she walking ,and she's not carrying anything. It's a distortion of her red blouse (look at how wide her pant legs look. And she doesn't appear to be carrying anything at the beginning of her walk.) However, I may recall that she had an extra pair of heels with her so could have been carrying those.

5. If it's not Z, and with the current evidence looks unlikely that it's not him, Taylan looks suspicious. He claims he was asleep when he texted her, at 11:30 am? He texted her back later. He then went with a friend to the neighborhood where he was to meet her. (see my earlier post.) Is this if ,he was caught on film, he would have a witness. Did Taylan tell SS to meet me on Kennedy, I have a car. She went and was was killed by him or a professional, and Z framed? Was Z paid to move the body? Was Z just moving the body out of his home area? (What about the earlier LE statements that it looked professional ,and she was brought there.) If the witness was correct that SS twice met suspicious men at the palace, each time it was the day after she saw Taylan. Did the suspicious men kill her? Was she a drug runner, going to get paid?

I continue to enjoy reading everyone's posts.

why isn't this thread titled "found deceased" anymore like the prior one?
Thanks! (just curious)

Some of us tend to think of bums or mentally ill mumbling types when we think of 'homeless', but it was pointed out earlier by a Turkish poster that these guys are often 'collectors' and can actually have rooms, homes and families. I can't find it anymore, but someone put up a Turkish video of some collectors and I actually watched the whole thing, it was quite long. The poorly dressed collector guy in the beginning looks completely different later in the video when he is respectably dressed well and with his children.
So though none of us would know how 'Z' appeared to the public, I bet the Turkish LE know a whole lot about him and who he knows and what he does...
How they discovered it was him, what clues they had, all become irrelevant since they found his DNA.
In the end, Z or his friends X,X,X were not more clever than the LE

Ziya has never been charged with anything. So, one day he says "That's it, no more Mr. Nice Homeless Guy, I'm gonna kill someone today, make her face unrecognizable and place her driver's license next to her, and just skype with my buddy in the US."

I believed in so many absurdities to be true in the case, I'm willing to wait until they get Ziya, hopefully alive.

ThinkHard, your earlier comment about natural/non-natural routes made me think: Could she have wanted to meet someone at Gülhane Tea Garden? Tried to walk there via Kennedy drive ... and missed the park entrance?

ThinkHard, your earlier comment about natural/non-natural routes made me think: Could she have wanted to meet someone at Gülhane Tea Garden? Tried to walk there via Kennedy drive ... and missed the park entrance?

This is an interesting idea....so she decided to take pictures instead, but wouldn't her contact at the tea garden be wondering where she was, unless she called them.

Maybe ThinkHard will say something different but it's very unlikely. It says Gülhane Parki on the gate. She isn't even walking on that side.

And when she misses the gate, she decides to take pictures of the walls?

''Another witness identified as Hasan B. said he saw Sierra taking photos of the city walls. Ten minutes after, he heard screaming. ''
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/bl...eport.aspx?pageID=238&nID=41446&NewsCatID=341

So this person probably told LE this some time ago, but it was not released?

I don't believe what anyone is saying anymore. All we know is somebody's dead. And assuming the Turkish medical examiner followed the "suspicious deaths" protocol of identifying a dead body, it is SS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jseikel