GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just going to remark that case was getting cold when I saw news of DNA match.. So it was Z!

What exactly did Z's DNA match?

DNA found on the deceased woman's body?

Z's DNA and the deceased woman's DNA?

Both?

Z's DNA and SS's DNA obtained in a way other than from the dead body?

See previous theory in this thread.

What exactly did Z's DNA match?

DNA found on the deceased woman's body?

Z's DNA and the deceased woman's DNA?

Both?

Z's DNA and SS's DNA obtained in a way other than from the dead body?

See previous theory in this thread.

A hair sample taken from his brothers house matched a blood sample on SS's shirt and skin under her fingernails.

I've just been remembering something from the beginning of this, it was said that she 'loved meeting new people'', and working to help people who came to the church.....i can't find it now.
So rather than avoiding strange men or the homeless, she maybe was 'reaching out' and being friendly, very sad ending.
Where it says she was trying to talk to him using hand signals, one wonders what kind of hand signals, why, and how would they be interpreted?

Also this would have to be a total guess because I'm guessing neither Ziya or sarai has told anyone they conversed using hand signals.

Additionally I'm wondering about the txt, if it was received at 9:20 NYC time, or sent at 9:20 Istsnbul time....because if a claim is made that sarai wouldn't be able to communicate with Ziya because he didn't know English how would he be the one to send an English text if it was received at 9:20 am NYC time. (420 Istanbul time)

Last night I watched a video on youtube submitted by a family of what I'm assuming are American tourists who took a self-guided tour of the walls. At one point they entered a locked gate when a local opened it to let them in. The mother joked about whether or not it was wise for them to enter, but they did, and later on the video they commented that an adjacent neighborhood looked "seedy". Fortunately they survived their tour.

The video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5GIR7VSLfQ

It was with similar naivete that SS approached the walls and Z.

In another video a British tourist complained on video about the state of disrepair of the walls, and the lack of historic markers telling the events that happened in certain areas.

Tourists should be made aware of dangerous areas, but historic landmarks such as the wall should also be repaired and maintained. They should go from being considered dirty and dangerous, to a source of national pride. It would benefit Turkey's tourism industry, and also benefit future generations.

I may be overly idealistic, but in a perfect world the government might train the homeless and jobless, and create jobs for them repairing and restoring the walls and other national treasures.

FYI this is still about a mile or more from the section of the walls where sarai was found. These are the walls near the fatih district in Istanbul....and are in significantly better shape and more tourists visit these sections.

Where sarai was found is a much different feel and environment.

Also those kids were hanging around that family hoping for a tip for showing them the walls, nothing more.

As far as the mothers commentary......come on let's also put it in perspective, she was a naive wealthy white woman staying at the four seasons......Nuff said.

Also this would have to be a total guess because I'm guessing neither Ziya or sarai has told anyone they conversed using hand signals.

Additionally I'm wondering about the txt, if it was received at 9:20 NYC time, or sent at 9:20 Istsnbul time....because if a claim is made that sarai wouldn't be able to communicate with Ziya because he didn't know English how would he be the one to send an English text if it was received at 9:20 am NYC time. (420 Istanbul time)

Yeah, the whole texting business/timeline is a bit weird....
Sarai, a 5'2" woman, all alone makes a beeline for an isolated part of town, turns corner at 1:15, walks what, a half mile?, and decides to take pics of strange males (though she never did that before) in a clearly dangerous area.
Is grabbed, screams, scratched man who is quickly identified flees....

Hope LE's working on time sequence....Cause... I'm trying to figure out how, about 3 hours after making that turn at corner, (at 4:20pm) Sarai finds a place to sit down,(maybe a cafe?) with her Ipad/phone and texts "I'm coming home tomorrow, Yay!" to her sister, when she is supposed to be in the cave/hill area being a dumb tourist?

Ok here's stuff that doesn't make sense to me....so if Ziya acted alone in doing this, and wanted to remove her jacket cause he was smart enough to show his DNA evidence....then why on earth would he leave her with his OWN blanket.

I'm not sure what to believe in most of this.

I mean I'm really suppose to believe that LE makes it to ziyas family house a few dys after he flees, and they just happen to find hair on the pillow case where he slept? Ya right, as if a Turkish woman would have already washed th bedding of a guest who departed days before.

And in a house with multiple people how do hey KNOW it was his hair.

And if his blood was on her shirt and he was concerned about leaving DNA why wouldn't he have taken her shirt.

And even though someone says he had scratches how do we know that witness isn't lying...maybe that witness knows that z is involved but not the lone one involved but had a thing against Ziya so is only releasing what he knows about him.

I also have a hard time believing she was taking pictures of Ziya....how exactly would anyone "know" that.

And furthermore even if he did kill her cause he freaked out she was taking photos, (I'm still also not sure how this would motivate rape either), why would he need to take both her devices, why would he even kne she had multiple devices. I mean I seriously doubt she was simultaneously holding up her iPad and her phone to take pictures at the same time. So if he was freaked out by what photographic evidence she captured, he would have only had to target taking one of the electronics...what's the motive to take both? To sell them? We've been over that a million times and determined even Ziya would know there sales on the black market wouldn't yield much because of Turkish need to register all electronics.

Yeah, the whole texting business/timeline is a bit weird....
Sarai, a 5'2" woman, all alone makes a beeline for an isolated part of town, turns corner at 1:15, walks what, a half mile?, and decides to take pics of strange males (though she never did that before) in a clearly dangerous area.
Is grabbed, screams, scratched man who is quickly identified flees....

Hope LE's working on time sequence....Cause... I'm trying to figure out how, about 3 hours after making that turn at corner, (at 4:20pm) Sarai finds a place to sit down,(maybe a cafe?) with her Ipad/phone and texts "I'm coming home tomorrow, Yay!" to her sister, when she is supposed to be in the cave/hill area being a dumb tourist?

Completely agreed. The prevailing narrative just doesn't fit in my mind, however, DNA evidence is pretty definitive.

Ok here's stuff that doesn't make sense to me....so if Ziya acted alone in doing this, and wanted to remove her jacket cause he was smart enough to show his DNA evidence....then why on earth would he leave her with his OWN blanket.

I'm not sure what to believe in most of this.

I mean I'm really suppose to believe that LE makes it to ziyas family house a few dys after he flees, and they just happen to find hair on the pillow case where he slept? Ya right, as if a Turkish woman would have already washed th bedding of a guest who departed days before.

And in a house with multiple people how do hey KNOW it was his hair.

And if his blood was on her shirt and he was concerned about leaving DNA why wouldn't he have taken her shirt.

And even though someone says he had scratches how do we know that witness isn't lying...maybe that witness knows that z is involved but not the lone one involved but had a thing against Ziya so is only releasing what he knows about him.

I also have a hard time believing she was taking pictures of Ziya....how exactly would anyone "know" that.

And furthermore even if he did kill her cause he freaked out she was taking photos, (I'm still also not sure how this would motivate rape either), why would he need to take both her devices, why would he even kne she had multiple devices. I mean I seriously doubt she was simultaneously holding up her iPad and her phone to take pictures at the same time. So if he was freaked out by what photographic evidence she captured, he would have only had to target taking one of the electronics...what's the motive to take both? To sell them? We've been over that a million times and determined even Ziya would know there sales on the black market wouldn't yield much because of Turkish need to register all electronics.
:pullhair:

Perfect questions, perfect doubts

So, I think almost all of us come to agree that in those devices there was some kind of an evidence which had to be destroyed.

Here's the thing. When the case first hit the news, her sister, in an effort to find her, is reported as saying that she last heard from her at 9:20 the morning (Jan 21st Monday) she went missing. So that means at 4:20 PM Istanbul she was happy and alive, right, or no? Or is this one more' ooops' error in timing?

"She was excited to return home and share her adventures, seeing the sights and eating the local food, which included delicacies such as sheep's liver, said Rodriguez.
Except when Sierra's flight from Turkey on United Airlines landed Tuesday night at 4:55 p.m. in Newark, Sierra wasn't on the plane. She had not shown up to take the flight in Turkey.
So began four days of frantic phone calls to local New York City police, the FBI, the American consulate and Turkish officials who speak no English, Rodriguez says. No one knows what happened to Sierra, her friend of more than 25 years says.
The last time anyone had talked with her was on Monday at 9:20 a.m., when she spoke with her older sister, Christina, and told her she was going to visit the bridges in Galata, a neighborhood of Istanbul."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/01/26/new-york-woman-missing-turkey/1867125/

It seems like after she was found, times,places, quotes etc. kept shifting, it's all kept just fluid and vague enough so that any satisfactory scenario can eventually be written....

So, I think almost all of us come to agree that in those devices there was some kind of an evidence which had to be destroyed.

Yes. But it would have to be evidence that was on both electronics...and if the only evidence that someone wanted to destroy was of a photo she took that day...then only one of the electronics would have been targeted.

Also the other motive that could have triggered taking both is if someone wanted to sent texts etc...to make it look like she was alive after she was.

Again if z was involved, but wasnt the lone assailant, perhaps he isn't running from the cops, but from the people/person that involved him in this case. Maybe they are more powerful them him, and he fears them more then the police.

I mean hypothetically could the other person post Sarai's murder gotten into a scuffle with z, scratched him, and transferred the DNA under his finger nails to under Sarai's? Is that even possible?

Completely agreed. The prevailing narrative just doesn't fit in my mind, however, DNA evidence is pretty definitive.

The DNA is definitive, it's just the timing of the crime that confuses me.
But did they ever really say when it was supposed to happen? Probably not.

The DNA is definitive, it's just the timing of the crime that confuses me.
But did they ever really say when it was supposed to happen? Probably not.

I'm not sure we can say anything is definite in this case. I'm mean the story about how they got Z's DNA in the first place is flimsy.

In a house with many people, LE comes upon said house days after z has departed from the house and out of all the people in the house they are able to determine that a particular peice of hair is Z's?

Wouldn't his sister have changed the bedding btw the time Z left and LE came?
What if someone else payed on that pillow in the meantime.

Also she was wrapped by Z's blanket so of course his DNA is going to be found at the crime scene.

And I just don't really believe everything we are hearing is actually true. Or what parts are true.

Maybe the girl walking in red on the grainy video was not Sarai, but a friend of hers, possibly a Turkish woman, student, an IGer?, who was coming to meet her and take pics. Or she is completely unknown to her.
Maybe she was the lady who screamed, for whatever reason?

Yashim, i think it was, posted a different newspaper account yesterday, which I cannot find: it quoted a man there who said 'she took some pictures of us', then she ''tried to talk to Z 'using hand signals'', and she took a picture of Z.
It went on to say police are looking for 8 other persons.

Yes. But it would have to be evidence that was on both electronics...and if the only evidence that someone wanted to destroy was of a photo she took that day...then only one of the electronics would have been targeted.

Maybe she filmed the murderers and asked for help by texting just before his/ their attack.

Again if z was involved, but wasnt the lone assailant, perhaps he isn't running from the cops, but from the people/person that involved him in this case. Maybe they are more powerful them him, and he fears them more then the police.

Yes, that's what I think too. Or he's running away with the help of these assailants so that he wouldn't give away the real planner of the murder.

Maybe the girl walking in red on the grainy video was not Sarai, but a friend of hers, possibly a Turkish woman, student, an IGer?, who was coming to meet her and take pics. Or she is completely unknown to her.

I have never bought into the idea that the girl walking in red on the grainy video was Sarai.

That girl has similarities with the drown woman taken out of the sea. And I'm checking and checking and finding no news related to that story. No name, no nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bridgetraiann