GUILTY Turkey - Sarai Sierra, 33, NY woman murdered, Istanbul, 21 Jan 2013 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be that she took a picture of him and he wanted to be paid?

Sometimes people want to be paid when you take their picture, a concept not familiar to many Americans who just takes pictures of everything. When I was in morocco, someone in tour group took pic of a street person, he got real mad, tried to grab cameras,,etc, I think if tour guide had not got involved he would have been more aggressive. The guy wanted like $5 for his picture.

Maybe SS didn't realize that,and did not understand Turkish,etc he interpreted her not giving money as resisting him and he got angry. He also wanted ipad.

But to kill her for this... either he must be starving to death or mentally unstable.

Why not?
Somebody was mad enough to beat a woman to death, maybe wanted to smash both devices to smithereens as well.[/QUOTE

Likely would have been done impulsively at the site of the assault and one would expect fragments of a plastic case to be found there

Then these guys must really be professional killers and this is definitely an organized murder.

If lady in red was a decoy, I definetly don't think she had any clue what she was being used for.

She could have been a prostitute, she could have been in the country illegally, and she could have simply been offered money to take a walk, and this seemed way easier way to make some money then to sleep with someone. I think finding a decoy like this wouldn't be difficult or tricky at all.

Now if this decoy is the same women who was found in the water, and the women in the water was the same woman witness claimed to have seen jump off the bridge....then its also at least in theory possible that she started asking too many questions after such media attention of sarai got out, or the person who paid her to take a walk feared she might make the connection, especially when Sarai's body was found by the same walls her paid walk ended at. So they went and found her but instead of directly killing her, forced her to kill herself by jumping off the bridge .... After all who would question on illegal prstitutes reasons for committing suicide.

What exactly did Z's DNA match?

DNA found on the deceased woman's body?

Z's DNA and the deceased woman's DNA?

Both?

Z's DNA and SS's DNA obtained in a way other than from the dead body?

See previous theory in this thread.

Not sure if this answers your question, but this is what I found --- seems like it was him (bbm):

Authorities in Turkey are now hunting for the man, identified only as "Ziya T." Blood found on Sierra's T-shirt as well as skin taken from under her fingernails matches DNA from a pillow found at the home of the man's family, according to the news agency.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/0...-with-homeless/?test=latestnews#ixzz2LSfrSBLt

But to kill her for this... either he must be starving to death or mentally unstable.

From the fire video, he appears to be able to move about without impairment and not unusually skinny.

I don't see these folk starving to death. They have a means of gaining money by their trash recycling.

Mentally unstable? More than likely.

Yeah, the whole texting business/timeline is a bit weird....
Sarai, a 5'2" woman, all alone makes a beeline for an isolated part of town, turns corner at 1:15, walks what, a half mile?, and decides to take pics of strange males (though she never did that before) in a clearly dangerous area.
Is grabbed, screams, scratched man who is quickly identified flees....

Hope LE's working on time sequence....Cause... I'm trying to figure out how, about 3 hours after making that turn at corner, (at 4:20pm) Sarai finds a place to sit down,(maybe a cafe?) with her Ipad/phone and texts "I'm coming home tomorrow, Yay!" to her sister, when she is supposed to be in the cave/hill area being a dumb tourist?

Wasn't text to sister the day before bridge and walk and 1:15 prescence on surveillance?
Above quote implies text was AFTER her last siting, is that true?

Then these guys must really be professional killers and this is definitely an organized murder.

Not at all. Why 'def' professional?
Could be anyone, including Ziya.

A guy kills her, hides her body in a cave, and uses her IPad &phone to give himself an alibi.

How can a homeless guy make such a professional escape? Sticking around in Istanbul for a few days. Then staying with his brother for some time. Then going to Hatay and letting his siblings know that. No cell phone, no credit card. What makes LE think that he is in Hatay? The tracked phone call?

Very very odd.

Exactly. I completely agree with this.
Z murders SS in Istanbul, goes to visit his family, buys a bus ticket to go to Hatay with a possibility of escaping into Syria. According to news, he could have bought a bus ticket with a phony name, and maybe tried to escape when the bus stopped for a break.
Isn’t this a huge adventure for a homeless paper collector?

To photograph things though she could have only been juggling one device at a time, so the images she captured (hypothetically) to piss someone off would have only been on one device. The other device in all likely hood would not even have been visible to the perp.

This.

If she had the I-pad, it would have been in her bag or maybe in a (big) pocket in her jacket. It might not have been discovered until later, away from the scene, when the killer examined her bag or jacket.

You'd need three hands to work a cameraphone and I-pad at the same time. In the NYC photos of her photographing, she is holding the camera in her right hand, using the left for the shutter. Never do we see her I-pad out when photographing. It just isn't necessary.

If she had the I-pad, it would be along for editing in a wifi-enabled place later.

Agreed, but it could be joint motive, got mad at her, wanted to rape her, saw ipad,ie,the whole combo...

And family indicates he has issues...

From the fire video, he appears to be able to move about without impairment and not unusually skinny.

The man from the fire video is not Z. He is opening a law case for the misinformation.

Wasn't text to sister the day before bridge and walk and 1:15 prescence on surveillance?

No it seems it was on the sameday, that's why were all so confused.
Most newspapers had her last contact on the 21st, which was Monday.

Here is copy paste from articles:
1)"Except when Sierra's flight from Turkey on United Airlines landed Tuesday night at 4:55 p.m. in Newark, Sierra wasn't on the plane. She had not shown up to take the flight in Turkey.
So began four days of frantic phone calls to local New York City police, the FBI, the American consulate and Turkish officials who speak no English, Rodriguez says. No one knows what happened to Sierra, her friend of more than 25 years says.
The last time anyone had talked with her was on Monday at 9:20 a.m., when she spoke with her older sister, Christina,"

2)“Ms. Sierra left for Turkey on Jan. 7 to explore her photography hobby. She was in regular contact with her family via Skype during her trip, and last made contact with her sister via text message on Jan. 21.”
http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2013/02/another_layer_of_mystery_added.html

3) “During her trip, she stayed in constant contact with her family through Skype and instant messages. But besides a brief message to her sister on Monday morning that read "I'll be home tomorrow. Yay!" the family hasn't heard anything since that day. "Something didn't strike me well to begin with on Monday. We stayed in touch the entire trip, and then it just stopped," Sierra said”. http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2013/01/staten_island_woman_goes_missi.html

4) "The last we heard from my wife was Monday morning on the 21st. She had spoken with her sister and the last thing she said was, 'I'm coming home tomorrow,' and she was excited and put a little smiley face at the end of her statement," said Steven Sierra in an interview with CNN earlier this week. http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/02/world/turkey-missing-woman

Not sure if this answers your question, but this is what I found --- seems like it was him (bbm):

Haha if you read the quote carefully it says "according to the news agency" nt according to LE.

I'm mot doubting Z's DNA was found at the crime scene....I mean it was his blanket she was found on, and believ to be moved with....so I'm sure his DNA is all over that crime scene. I would also be willing to bet you can transfer DNA under nails by grasping at a blanket loaded with someone's DNA. But I don't really believe media accounts of exactly where Z's DNA was matched to at the crime scene.

Also other things about this case, as I've mentioned in other posts, even if Z is involved, and even if Z is the lone physically murder, I just don't think other factors point to his mind at least being the only one involved in this case.

So my point is really I just don't trust media accounts as facts as we have learned again and again in this case (that haha was directed at media, not you belimom, I appreciate your posts).

I don't see these folk starving to death. They have a means of gaining money by their trash recycling.

The man on the video is not him but a water seller. Because of irresponsible media, police knocked on his door, he was questioned, gave blood for DNA testing and released.
Now media apologizes but it is too late, the man is filing a lawsuit.

There was an article written in Turkish and posted a few pages back, that the man in the video is a water vendor, who was swimming across the road when the fire broke out and crossed to the walls to see hat he could do to help. And that when he saw this video on the news claiming it was Z he it pissed because it was him, and he has no connection to this case.

Not at all. Why 'def' professional?
Could be anyone, including Ziya.

A guy kills her, hides her body in a cave, and uses her IPad &phone to give himself an alibi.

But knowing the locations of all 20 cameras and hiring a girl to walk along to distort evidence, isn't this a plan? If Z is a simple paper collector that's too much of a planning for him.

I'm saying this because if you look at the history of murders in Turkey, most of them are for simple intentions and happen in an instance. The guy wants the gold chains of the woman and he stabs her or a husband/bf is jealous that she talked to a man and kills her. Organized murders were for the newspaper writers, thinkers, politicians whose words are a threat to the state or for drug dealers who have foreign connections. Most of their murderers are still not found.

I mentioned a murder here before (Munevver killed by her bf). That was huge because compared to the other murders it was one of the first murders which was planned.

Thinkhard or Herat or anyone who knows the area. Could she have had the ability to write her text from that area/place? Is that what Wireless capacity means or did she need an internet cafe? Confusing to me as I have no tech gadjets

Text to her sister was on the day she disappeared on the 21st. Family says it was at 9:20 am , which would make one think of course 9:2 am NYC time, which f course would be 4:20 Istanbul time, which yes would be hours after her last sighting and the supposed time of ths random attack by Z.

However I don't think the actual time of the text has ever really been confirmed. So f the 9:20am time was correct, we don't 100% know if it is 9:20 NYC time (420pm Istanbul time) or 9:20 am Istanbul time (2:20am NYC time)

Yes, I agree with that. Thanks.

According to the media, there is reason to believe Z was involved in the murder of that woman.

If the dead woman's face was unrecognizable and there were wounds on her body, was it possible to determine it was definitely SS? Did they just assume it was her?

I would like to know if LE took samples of SS's DNA when they collected her luggage from the apartment. Or, are they assuming the deceased was SS.

Maybe wrong but I am still not buying what the media is wanting us to believe. Something does not ring true to me.

Also one last thing as far as timing. The supposed 1:15 last sighting can't be true. Because the eminonu survelliance images released for the 21st is time stamped 1:29 pm in emotion before serkeci.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member