Turkey - Terror attack Istanbul nightclub 31 December 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That might account for the actual time of assault. I always thought 130. was off

At 1210 would probably be the most victims - an hour and a half after midnight people would have left so that fits .

People stay out late on a regular Friday or Saturday...sometimes not even going out till midnight and partying till 3/4am.

So no people would have been unlikely to have been leaving...people would have actually still been truckling in if they came from other places.

A religious man with cold, dead eyes? imo speculation.
attachment.php

An undated image released by anti-terror police
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38492676
Barman Mehmet Yilan, 36, said the gunman "stormed in and immediately headed for the people to the left, which is always more crowded... he seemed to know where to go.

"He was shooting randomly but aiming for their upper bodies. He didn't want to just injure them."
[h=2]Victims by nationality[/h]
  • Turkey: 11
  • Saudi Arabia: 7
  • Iraq: 3
  • Lebanon: 3
  • Jordan, India, Morocco: two nationals from each country
  • Germany, Syria, Israel, France-Tunisia, Tunisia, Belgium, Kuwait, Canada, Russia: one national from each country

Attachments

• _93210616_imagetwo.jpg
    _93210616_imagetwo.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 76
http://www.wnem.com/story/34164473/is-makes-unusual-claim-of-responsibility-for-turkey-attack
ISTANBUL (AP) - The Islamic State group on Monday made an unusual claim of responsibility for a major terrorist attack in Turkey, saying a "soldier of the caliphate" carried out the mass shooting at an Istanbul nightclub that killed 39 people as they welcomed the new year.
The group said Christian revelers were targeted in response to Turkish military operations against IS in northern Syria, but most of the dead were foreign tourists from Muslim countries.
rbbm

SUSPECT NAMED

'I had no idea he was an ISIS sympathiser - we came to Turkey for work': Istanbul nightclub gunman's wife tells police how she discovered he had murdered 39 people when she saw it on TV as suspect is named

Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-weeks-entering-Turkey-wife-two-children.html

The man suspected of murdering 39 revellers in a gun rampage at an Istanbul nightclub has been named.

Police are understood to be hunting alleged ISIS militant Iakhe Mashrapov, a 28-year-old from Kyrgyzstan. Pictures have emerged online showing what appears to be a page from his passport.

It comes after the wife of the suspect claimed she had 'no idea' her husband was an ISIS sympathiser.

It comes as horrifying new details of the advanced, special forces techniques used by the Istanbul nightclub terrorist emerged.

The highly trained killer's weapon was loaded with armour-piercing bullets, creating the maximum number of casualties in the crowded Reina nightclub on New Year's Eve, according to Turkish security sources widely reported in local media.

He used flares to light up his targets before unleashing a hail of bullets known for their tendency to ricochet as well as penetrate barriers, creating horrific carnage in a short amount of time, the sources said.

BBM

Sadly the only difference is that one attack affected American and the other affected a country most American are ignorant about.

bmm Oh not me/not here. Those countries I was/am very well aware of, and are teaching me more and more everyday. :)

The terror group said through its Aamaq News Agency that the attack was carried out by a “heroic soldier of the caliphate who attacked the most famous nightclub where Christians were celebrating their pagan feast.”

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/0...truggling-in-search-for-nightclub-gunman.html

bmm Maybe next time they should check to see who is inside next time. :)

For one New Year's Eve isn't a pagan feast. And two he killed mostly Muslims, not Christians.

He did it in the name of his god and he does have evil eyes. jmo

We all share the same god.

And screaming god is great doesn't mean he was following Islam. It means he was abusing the religion for his own agenda.

Why is it white extremists are never labeled by their Christian faith? That is a double standard.

One we have to work against...not perpetuate.

For one New Year's Eve isn't a pagan feast. And two he killed mostly Muslims, not Christians.

That is a quote from the terrorist that claimed responsibility, I know about the pagans, (not the motorcycle club) and druids. I have read many religious books/bibles, including parts of the koran and yes I read parts about their feelings towards the infidels (non muslims)

We all share the same god.

And screaming god is great doesn't mean he was following Islam. It means he was abusing the religion for his own agenda.

Why is it white extremists are never labeled by their Christian faith? That is a double standard.

One we have to work against...not perpetuate.

bbm allah akbar is what they scream.

Admin Note:

This thread is about the Terror attack in Istanbul NOT EACH OTHER.

Please stay on topic and keep it that way.

Thank you

Admin Note:

This thread is about the Terror attack in Istanbul NOT EACH OTHER.

Please stay on topic and keep it that way.

Thank you

It is. Which is why it is an important place to dismantle false conceptions about Islam when people state them, because those false conceptions are directly related to the attack in Istanbul.

Because those misconception are the very things that feed the propaganda ISIS uses to recruit people to carry out acts like this.

And if we want to understand these attacks and start seeing less of them, that is a very important aspect we need to start recognizing.

For those that are interested.

Is the God of Chrstianity and the God of Islam the same?

No, the God of Christianity and the God of Islam are not the same.

https://carm.org/god-christianity-islam

This is only partially true in the way god is described is different.

But Judaism, Christianity, and Islam due in fact share the same god.

There is a scripture in the Q'ran that talks about a dream Mohammed had where he rides a winged horses to the heavens and comes to a river, and at that river he sees all the prophets that came before him...including people likes Moses and Jesus.

These three religions share many of the same stories in their holy books as well. Such as the story of Noah arc amongst others. Bayram for example celebrating the same holy covenant btw Abraham and god, Jews honor when the circumcize their males.

My frame of reference is growing up half Jewish, half catholic, and have lived in a Muslim country.

Here is more if you are interested:
https://www.ncronline.org/blogs/ncr-today/do-christians-muslims-and-jews-worship-same-god

I'm disgusted by the lack of media coverage this attack is getting! If this attack was on the fanciest night club in London or Paris and killed rich white people we would hear it on every channel, they would be talking about it on every morning show.

My country and race embarasses me at times.

Ummm... it's on drudge, CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/pu...bbons-to-victims-of-turkey-nightclub-shooting
[h=1]Pulse ribbons sent to victims of Turkey nightclub shooting[/h] [h=2]Project to spread hope began after Pulse nightclub shooting[/h]
ORLANDO, Fla. - A special project in Central Florida is going international. News 6 has learned that hundreds of Pulse ribbons are being sent to the victims of the Turkey nightclub shooting.

"The Pulse Ribbon Project" has already sent two packages filled with ribbons to Istanbul.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 15826378_10212289030644847_550482542841227619_n.jpg
    15826378_10212289030644847_550482542841227619_n.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 63
http://www.irishtimes.com/news/worl...suspect-versed-in-guerrilla-warfare-1.2924190
“The assailant has experience in combat for sure ... he could have been fighting in Syria for years,” one security source told Reuters, saying the attacker was likely to have been directed in his actions by the jihadist group.

‘Travelled with family’

The Haberturk newspaper said police investigations had revealed the gunman had entered Turkey from Syria and went to the central city of Konya in November, travelling with his wife and two children so as not to attract attention.
Some Turkish media reported that police were seeking a 28-year-old Kyrgyz national, believed to be the gunman.
rbbm.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
culley2821
Back