Twitney Spears enters rehab! Threads Merged

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Show Me said:
Well I'm glad my children had their childhood out of the public eye. The only job they needed was one to help make their car and insurance payments.

Is there anyway the adults in Britney's life can force her into rehab before she becomes the next Anna Nicole?
There is 0% chance of success if you put someone in rehab who doesn't want to be there.

In Georgia, there is a Drug Court program where people who get arrested on drug/alcohol offenses have a chance at rehab and a lesser sentence. Most of these people stay clean just long enough to get the lesser sentence - though a few do make it longer than that.

LillyRush said:
but unless an article pops up explaining she shaved her hair off due to unforeseen circumstances I think it's really offensive to even make the comparison between BS and cancer patients/survivors.

*Sorry Elphaba - back on topic..*
That's exactly my point. Who knows, maybe she has a friend with cancer. I'm sorry I offended you, even though I can't see why.... I was offended because apparently when a woman shaves her head she must be crazy. First off, there are several reasons why someone would want to shave their head (see for example my friends, and they have been judged because of it many times and they do not need to defend themselves by explaining) and even if they just want to do it 'just because', that's their own business IMO. Plus I was asking because I am wondering why people are saying Britney is crazy for shaving her head. Is it because of the shaving itself, or is it because it's Britney?

Dena said:
I am not a Britney fan, but I have been feeling really sorry for her lately. The times that she goes out partying are when her children should be sleeping anyway, so we don't know the time she spends with her kids during the day, we can only speculate based on what we see of her.

Britney and I are exactly the same age, birthdays within days of eachother. I got pregnant with my son (planned) just before my 22nd birthday and have been with my husband since I was 19.
I don't go out, don't even remember the last time I was drunk, and even if I wanted to, I don't have the means (a babysitter) to really do that. I also have this fear that the moment there would be an emergency is when I would happen to be drunk.
There are times that I wish I could run away and be my own person, be a normal 20 something woman and go party with girlfriends - despite loving my life. I feel like this and I didn't grow up in the spotlight.
Britney never really had a normal childhood. I don't think it is Lynn's fault that Britney is acting the way she is, just as I wouldn't blame my mother for anything I did.
I am not a lesbian, and I was not hiding from drugs when I decided to shave my head. I just felt like it. I was 16 years old and figuring out who I was. I didn't feel like my hair matched my personality, so I shaved it all off. I horrified my mother and she didn't understand it. She eventually got used to it and thought it was cute when I was able to spike it. At 16 she couldn't even do anything, how can anyone stop Britney at 25?
My last job did drug testing and my best friend worked in HR. She would be horrified when a bald person would start because she has to pluck the hair from "elsewhere". She never mentioned a time restriction.
Britney is not a normal 25 year old, just as I am not. When people generally think of someone who is 25, you would think of a party girl who has fun all the time. Not someone like me who has a great career, a happy 4 year marriage, a beautiful home and an awesome 2 year old.
Then there is Britney who is crazy famous, has 2 divorces behind her, 2 children, and is finally single at 25.
I'm not sure what my point is exactly but I don't think that what she is going through is THAT out there. I think she is acting like a normal TEENAGER. But she needs to realize that she isn't a teenager and in her process of finding herself, she may lose what she should be holding most dear - her children. She is being very selfish at the moment and it's because she's never been able to, whether she's been a child herself, or because she's been busy playing wife and mom.

My mom went through a nasty divorce in 2001. She had been married since she was 19. When she was finally officially single, she spent every night at bars, forgetting she had my 11 year old sister at home. The phase eventually ended, but it hurt us.

I feel sorry for her. I think the worst that could happen is to have her kids taken away, I think it would send her over the deep end. She probably feels like a failure already. Failed marriage, constant media scrutiny, poor album sales...

JMO.

Dena good for you, keep up the good work being a great mom. We need the next generation to grow up responsible!

Try to take at least one night or a few hours a week to be alone with hubby and do something special, even if it is only taking a walk alone....time to laugh talk and enjoy life. Plenty of time to talk of life's problems when you have to be home.

Some cheap and fun ways for parents of young kids to have fun.

Babysitters, exchange babysitting time with another mom who wants a few hours to herself, no money need change hands.

Take walks in nice parks, carry a special lunch and find you a good spot to dine!
Enjoy a sunset at a great place, mountains, ocean, lake, desert whatever.

Many cities have free events or events where the cost is minimal, you can have a lot of fun for little money.

And lastly even if you have to watch every dollar, just look at what too much wealth can get you...people who take advantage of you, no desipline, and never really happy. The furs, jewels, cars, parties, vacations really really can't buy you happiness.

Good luck Dena.

Melisinde said:
I've been a fan of Britney for a long time because she's my age and I identify with her to some extent. I've put up with a lot in terms of being her fan and have still tried to keep the faith in her. I'm worried so much about her though, and the video from X17 scares me a lot. If no one has seen it, they're filming her as she goes into the tattoo parlor and in a very low voice (not sounding like her AT ALL), she says things like, "Go *advertiser censored** yourself", "Because of you" (when asked why she shaved her head), "Who are you?", and "I know your face." For some reason, it really creeps me out! All I can think of is from Pink Floyd where Pink shaves off all his hair and his eyebrows when he completely loses it... :(

I hope someone can help Britney because I don't think any of this is her fault. I think she's just a lost child, not really the 25 years old that she is, and I really think she was so traumatized by everything. I really wish someone could save her. :(
Melisinde,

I really appreciate your take on this since you apparently 'followed' her for a long time. What you describe her doing and saying does sound scary. That worries me more than the shaving her head thing, and also gives credibility to the thoughts about the shaving of her head being 'caused' by something.

JanetElaine said:
That's exactly my point. Who knows, maybe she has a friend with cancer. I'm sorry I offended you, even though I can't see why.... I was offended because apparently when a woman shaves her head she must be crazy. First off, there are several reasons why someone would want to shave their head (see for example my friends, and they have been judged because of it many times and they do not need to defend themselves by explaining) and even if they just want to do it 'just because', that's their own business IMO. Plus I was asking because I am wondering why people are saying Britney is crazy for shaving her head. Is it because of the shaving itself, or is it because it's Britney?

I believe that it's Britney, the one time pop star who has stated she plans to make come back better than ever and her shaving her head is hardly likely to promote this.

i'm sorry your friends have had to shave their heads due to illness but in western society it isn't regarded as normal to do so unless there is good reason. b/f's sister and mother lost all their hair due to cancer (now mercifully away from them for the time being) two years ago and as soon as they started losing thier hair they bought wigs as they did not feel comfortable being bald. and that was their choice, of course.

(the fact that both mother and daughter contracted cancer within a month of each other shocked us all, as an aside.)

clearly Britney is making a statement. whatever the statement is is unlikely to bring her career back into past standing. this is what is so 'crazy'. IMO, as always. and what she has done to herself can't, IMO, be aligned with cancer sufferers who have no choice in the matter as to whether they have hair or don't, in many cases.

Saturday, February 17

Is Britney In The Hospital?

Filed Under: Britney Spears
Though nothing has been confirmed at this moment, there have been unsubstantiated reports that a barely coherent Britney Spears, fresh from her one-day stay in rehab, paid a visit to the emergency room at Los Angeles' Cedars Sinai Medical Center early Saturday morning.

It's not clear if she's still there or if the hard-pAArtying mother of two has been discharged.

Gossip site link: http://perezhilton.com/topics/britney_spears/

I hope and pray she was admitted to the hospitted to the hospital.

Floh said:
but in western society it isn't regarded as normal to do so unless there is good reason.
That is why I am asking if it is the shaving, or Britney... LOL. It isn't regarded as normal, but really, what's so bad about a shaven head? Why would anybody be deemed crazy just because 'western society' doesn't regard it as normal? KWIM? People hear Britney's bald and jump all over her, seems to me just because they are in the habit of jumping all over her anyway, so I'm trying to figure out what their 'problem' is - an unconventional hairstyle, or Britney's behaviour in general. I think shaving her head is the least bad thing she's pulled lately. Of course the 'why' could be cause for concern (see Melisinde's post), but that's another story.

I am very proud of my friend who refused to be a victim of cancer when she got this awful disease, who made the most of everything until the last possible moment, and who dared take a stand against what is deemed normal and what isn't - she did so while she was sick, and she did so while she was well. Our group of friends probably is so close because we know exactly what we mean by this, and I'm afraid I cannot fully convey it in words on an impersonal message board. I would never, ever dream of saying something offensive about a cancer patient.

JanetElaine said:
That is why I am asking if it is the shaving, or Britney... LOL. It isn't regarded as normal, but really, what's so bad about a shaven head? Why would anybody be deemed crazy just because 'western society' doesn't regard it as normal? KWIM? People hear Britney's bald and jump all over her, seems to me just because they are in the habit of jumping all over her anyway, so I'm trying to figure out what their 'problem' is - an unconventional hairstyle, or Britney's behaviour in general. I think shaving her head is the least bad thing she's pulled lately. Of course the 'why' could be cause for concern (see Melisinde's post), but that's another story.

I am very proud of my friend who refused to be a victim of cancer when she got this awful disease, who made the most of everything until the last possible moment, and who dared take a stand against what is deemed normal and what isn't - she did so while she was sick, and she did so while she was well. Our group of friends probably is so close because we know exactly what we mean by this, and I'm afraid I cannot fully convey it in words on an impersonal message board. I would never, ever dream of saying something offensive about a cancer patient.

"Why would anybody be deemed crazy just because 'western society' doesn't regard it as normal?"

Because it is so deemed, JanetElaine. much as i would be proud to be intelligent enough to i, personally, cannot say why the psychi of the western world is thus.

i have already said that Britany doing so doesn't dovetail with her stated desire to want to make a come-back better than ever. what more do you expect me to say?

you, clearly, appear to believe her shaving her head isn't peculiar. i and many other do think it peculiar. end of, as far as i can tell?

asking me to repeat myself doesn't get us any further, does it?

peace out. :)

ETA: do you think Britney has cancer? is this why you're continuing, it would appear, to speak of cancer patients who lose their hair? do you believe others here would dream of saying something offensive about a cancer patient?

I think she decided to do whatever the heck she thinks will piss off everyone around her (perceived as controlling)....and show them she's in control. I imagine that she's had many people telling her what to do, what not to do...how it will affect her career, etc. I hope this new style empowers her and gives her a new sense of life.

More, maybe, to explain Britney's actions:

Inside Britney's Brain: The Breakdown

Says Tognozzi, "She just looked in the mirror and said with tears in her eyes, 'Oh, my God, I shaved it all off. My mom is going to be so upset with me.'"

Tognozzi says that prior to shaving Britney complained that her extensions were "very tight and uncomfortable."
Tognozzi, who waived her normal $20 cut fee for Britney, adds that, other than the tears when she looked in the mirror, "Britney had a blank face and showed little emotion whatsoever."

More: http://perezhilton.com/topics/britney_spears/inside_britneys_brain_the_breakdown_20070217.php

as it's a Perez Hilton site, beware of crude commentary.

She does care what her mother thinks, then — if this story is true, that is.

OMG! when did i break the 3,000 mark? i really had thought it would be an Anna Nicole Smith post which did that!

Dena said:
When people generally think of someone who is 25, you would think of a party girl who has fun all the time. Not someone like me who has a great career, a happy 4 year marriage, a beautiful home and an awesome 2 year old.

JMO.

Only in the entertainment biz would I think of a 25 y/o as a "party girl". I'm quite a few years older than you, so maybe it's your generation that continues the partying well into their 20's? When I was 25, I too was married with a house and well on my way to what one considers to be "established" in life, if not already there. Ditto for all of my friends and everyone else my age. There are exceptions of course but most people I know that are in their mid-20's get it that it's time to be an adult.

The behavior of these young women is not the norm. Britney, Paris, Lindsay, etc. are all cases of having too much too young. A lot of them have parents who are more concerned with the $$$$ their children bring in and being their children's "best friend" than actual parenting them.

JMO

fivekidz4me said:
I think she decided to do whatever the heck she thinks will piss off everyone around her (perceived as controlling)....and show them she's in control. I imagine that she's had many people telling her what to do, what not to do...how it will affect her career, etc. I hope this new style empowers her and gives her a new sense of life.

I agree she did this out of spite. Especially with her comments of everyone is touching me. I am sure the alcholo and/or drugs helped.

I had a controlling BF...he wanted my hair long. I liked it long too, but he kept telling me to never cut my hair, he would be so mad if I did, etc. One weekend when he was particularly controlling, after he went out, I went out and had my haircut in a cute pixie style. While the cut may not have been my best, I felt great on that drive home!! I couldn't wait to get home and show him what I did. Boy, he threw a fit but the whole time I didn't care. It was something that I made a decision to do and it was sort of an F-you moment to him. I knew the hair would grow back. At the moment he was ranting and raving and freking out, I felt in control of me. and that I had control over him. When things got bad at home...I would go get my haircut.

About going bald in regards of cancer: I think one of the beautifulist things I have ever seen in regards of image is when Melissa Etheridge showed up at the Grammy's 2 years ago, bald and not covering up the fact that she had just battled for her life against breast cancer. What a statment she made with her eyes and smile and gorgeous bald head... she was simply beautiful and had won her fight and wasn't going to hide her loss of hair under a wig, hat, or kercheif. (When she started losing her hair, her SO, Tammy, shaved it off for her and she embraced the look through her battle). Talking about an image bringing someone to tears... I bawled my eyes out watching her perform at the Grammys... I was so moved by her... her standing there bald, belting out Piece of my Heart, was empowering.

That being said, there doesn't seem to be anything pointing to Britney doing this in the name of someone's cancer fight... her hair shearing comes on the heels of very odd and very out-of-control behavior. Being the media bee Britney is, if she was doing it for something good, like a cancer cause, I can bet you, she would have made sure to amp up the publcity level. At this point, she needs good publicity, anything to overshadow her out-of-control behavior... and a mysterious hair shearing and odd rambling as she hits the tattoo parlor, does not produce good publicity.

Britney needs help... read what her assistant said... it's sad.

I don't think Britney shaving her hair has anything to do with solidarity for someone with cancer. Her aunt died of cancer a few weeks ago, so IMO it would be too late to do it now. She's not concerned with anyone but herself right now anyway, and we can all see how she sucks at being concerned for herself.

She's spiraling out of control fast. Maybe rock bottom will happen sooner rather than later for her. Maybe this IS rock bottom, hopefully.

I wish Justin would reach out to her, though I so don't blame him for not wanting to be involved in her mess. It seems as if his opinion really matters to her.

I can think of plenty of normal, healthy reasons a young woman might want to shave off her hair. This particular behavior of Britney's wouldn't concern me IF there weren't a host of other sad, "help me" behaviors present. I have a great deal of sympathy for her right now. It is obvious that she is struggling in major ways.

I hope she can find some hope to bring her out of this tailspin. I came very close to shaving all my hair off once - wound up cutting it really short instead - it was at a period in my life that I just wanted to wash away the past, shed my skin and start afresh. Perhaps, she is feeling the same way. Peace to her.

southcitymom said:
I can think of plenty of normal, healthy reasons a young woman might want to shave off her hair. This particular behavior of Britney's wouldn't concern me IF there weren't a host of other sad, "help me" behaviors present. I have a great deal of sympathy for her right now. It is obvious that she is struggling in major ways.

I hope she can find some hope to bring her out of this tailspin. I came very close to shaving all my hair off once - wound up cutting it really short instead - it was at a period in my life that I just wanted to wash away the past, shed my skin and start afresh. Perhaps, she is feeling the same way. Peace to her.

Shaving her hair in and of itself is not a big deal to me either. It's probably fried anyway, she changes it everyday with extensions and coloring it.

Her behavior at the salon is what's telling of some kind of psychotic breakdown. Along with the constant partying and drunken behavior for the last several months. I hope her kids are being watched by a competant and caring Nanny. Their mother is a wreck and I guess Lynn has moved on to greener pa$ture$ (Jamie Lynn).

shopper said:
Shaving her hair in and of itself is not a big deal to me either. It's probably fried anyway, she changes it everyday with extensions and coloring it.

Her behavior at the salon is what's telling of some kind of psychotic breakdown. Along with the constant partying and drunken behavior for the last several months. I hope her kids are being watched by a competant and caring Nanny. Their mother is a wreck and I guess Lynn has moved on to greener pa$ture$ (Jamie Lynn).
I don't really have any negative thoughts about Britney's mother (as I do about, say, Lohan's) and I certainly don't think she views her daughters as cash cows. One of the things Britney reportedly said in the salon when she shaved off her hair was "Oh no - my Mom's going to kill me", so obviously she and her Mom are still tight.

Britney's an adult woman and I wouldn't expect to see her mother in the public eye as much as I would when she was younger. I'd bet that her Mom is trying her best to get her obviously troubled dauhter some help.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back