TX - 10 deceased as a result of crowd surge at Astroworld festival, Houston, 5 Nov 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He should be canceled but I doubt he will be. He has another festival booked in Vegas on Nov. 12th.

It's very possible the funerals for some of the deceased will be on the same day as his next scheduled concert.

Those most seriously injured will still be in the ICU in Houston

Out of respect, he should cancel the upcoming concert. He's scheduled for Sat, Nov 13. Tickets range from $229 to $1460.

I think the insurance company for the venue must be going over their policy with a microscope and the venue making some very firm demands.

Last edited:
Festival founder Travis Scott, a rapper and Missouri City native, was joined on stage by Drake in a surprise appearance as the crowd surged.

__

Is that the same Travis Scott as Kylie Jenner’s baby daddy?

Yes

I heard it differently I guess... I heard HPD/HFD were alerted to incidents starting and alerted the producers at 930pm. The show continued to run through the entire set with the last song starting at 1010 pm. He was insinuating the producers of the show did nothing to stop the show and help the audience, which is evidenced by videos of the scene as well as camera people not listening and shoving people off their stands even though the people are yelling someone is dead and to please stop the show.

I hope everyone who did nothing is held accountable.
I fear LiveNation will pay a fine and NOT change a thing to their safety procedures.

This incident brought to mind the horrible Station Night Club fire. The video images of concert-goers stacked 4-5 deep, wedged in the front entrance, like cord wood, has fueled my nightmares ever since.

This incident brought to mind the horrible Station Night Club fire. The video images of concert-goers stacked 4-5 deep, wedged in the front entrance, like cord wood, has fueled my nightmares ever since.
(I have added A LOT of stuff btw to that thread if you want to take a look later, pyro studies, computerized re-enactments, reports, videos, crowd flows, testimonies, all kinds of stuff)
GUILTY - RI - The Station Nightclub Fire, 100 dead at Great White concert, 20 Feb 2003)

Last edited:
I hope everyone who did nothing is held accountable.
I fear LiveNation will pay a fine and NOT change a thing to their safety procedures.

Beyond OSHA, does anyone know if there is an organization, anyone, who oversees safety and basic rules, if you will, of these festivals?

Astroworld Producer Has History of OSHA Violations, Lawsuits, Hospitalizations

LiveNation cannot claim plausible deniability of the risks of working for "Travis Scott"

I notice the bigger star, Drake, who was supposed to appear with TS appears to have gone to radio silence.
Sza did though:
Astroworld Performer SZA Says She's 'Speechless' After 8 People Died at Festival: 'Just Praying'
and Roddy Rich said he will donate all his earnings from his performance to the victim’s and their families:
Astroworld deaths: Roddy Rich, SZA, Kid Cudi, more react to tragedy

Would the storming of the VIP gates increase the numbers inside enough to cause this problem, and was it in the same area? Or was this just a case of people being way too hyped up and causing a crush. When looking at the concert it appeared crowds were separated into separate sections, I wasn’t sure which section contained the crush.

There is offensive garbage in his lyrics. I heard it said that there were kids as young as 10 years old that attended. I realize we live in a different world now but I wouldn’t want a young child of mine listening to that trash. To think he gets paid to do it is awful.
Agreed. I always told my kids that their minds were too precious to put garbage in.

IDENTIFIED.
  • RIP Axel.
  • 11208910_axel-acosta-3.jpg
  • 11208909_axel-acosta-2.jpg
Father identifies unknown Astroworld Fest victim as his 21-year-old son Axel Acosta
''Edgar Acosta confirmed to ABC13 that his son, Axel, was the unidentified victim that had been recovered from Memorial Hermann Hospital after the incident.

Cynthia Acosta, Axel's aunt, said her nephew traveled by himself from Washington to see rapper Travis Scott take the stage at NRG Park. He was at the event alone.

"It was his first time going to an event like that," said Cynthia.

Axel has just turned 21 last month. He was studying computer science at Western Washington University.

Acosta told ABC13 that police made it difficult for him to file a missing persons report on his son because Axel was living in Washington.''

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Binx005
Back